"Six more movies coming out" Say´s Ridley Scott

Started by Bruno_People, Mar 08, 2017, 10:38:37 PM

Author
"Six more movies coming out" Say´s Ridley Scott (Read 3,203 times)

Bruno_People

I read some recent news about it Ridleys new Statements, Six more movies and possible annual?!?! i see the future of Star Wars on the hands of dysney and i am AFRAID!! :'( :'( :'(

SM

Disney has produced two immensely enjoyable Star Wars films thus far and a shit tonne of immensely enjoyable Marvel films.

If Fox wanted to do something like that with Alien films?  f**k yes!

echobbase79

I just read a post by Hicks where he said the six movies thing is for Blade Runner.

SM

I'll take that too.  ;D

Ingwar

Scott just said six. He could have said 10 or 20. I wouldn't take it literally but then I wouldn't mind another six Alien movies :)

Local Trouble

I will rejoice if we get six movies of Aliens without Pwedator.  ;D

BishopShouldGo

That was for Blade Runner.

windebieste

I don't mind it being an annual event.  Really.  Actually, if the quality is up there, I'm all for it.  Right now, I think a lot of the cinema industry has incredible pressure on it to deliver this model, anyway. 

I mean, look at the quality content of television and how that has improved in the last decade.  There are TV shows that deliver decent content every week for between 20 and 25 hours that equals and surpasses content in the cinema. ...and the next season is at the same level. 

The movie industry by comparison produces 90 to a 180 minutes worth of entertainment for a single session and then you have to wait for 2 years for the next installment at least.

I can see that the movie industry, more or less using the same skill and technology base as television industry just has to keep up with the competition.  Especially when shows like 'Westworld', 'The Expanse' and 'The Man in the High Castle' are as good if not better than most SF content at the movies.  Now is the time.  As we are seeing 'Star Wars' and other movies more or less being 'annualised', it makes sense something like 'ALIEN' and 'Blade Runner' receive similar treatment. 

If the quality can be retained, sure.  Bring it!

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

We don't think of it in that way. There's such a thing as fatigue. Only few properties can get away with an annual entry, one being STAR WARS.

Two years is fine.

windebieste

2 years is still in the same time frame.  It's still a substantial improvement of up to 6 years we experienced between each of the first 4 movies.  ...and almost 2 decades between 'ALIEN: Resurrection' and 'PROMETHEUS'.

I'll take a new movie every 2 years, if that's the new model.

-Windebieste.

Bruno_People

Bruno_People

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2017, 10:45:08 PM
Disney has produced two immensely enjoyable Star Wars films thus far and a shit tonne of immensely enjoyable Marvel films.

If Fox wanted to do something like that with Alien films?  f**k yes!

Well, if think annual release are fantatisc go ask to the COD fans, Assassin´s Creed Fans, Saw fans, Fast and Furios fans, you know every single release that tend to sucked for the last decade.

Well, First off all here are my concern

1- Is Hollywood and it is  2017

2- I heard from Website that the new trilogy would be anual and we all know that annual release they tend to suck, and you know it ask Star Wars fans, COD fans, Assassin´s creed fans, Saw fans.

3- since J.J Abrams ruined the most famous i concerned about Alien, because is the only Scifi franchise that i care about.I love Alien Because is Horror movie and Excelent Scifi movie and i am Huge Hardcore Fan of H.P Lovecraft and his sub genre Cosmic Horror which  Alien is all about it. That why i never liked Star Wars and Star Trek they are just too silly to me.

4- Sequels has more chance to be bad.

Here is the News: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/6/14830400/ridley-scott-more-alien-movies

SM

:laugh:

I dunno about COD or Assassins Creed, but Star Wars, Saw and Fast & The Furious are extremely popular and successful.  It's neither here nor there if you think they sucked.

Bruno_People

Fast and Furious and Saw sucked so much than PS4 library!!

Star Wars are on the Road to rotten to the core until Dysney sucked the last drop

Is a fact and nobody can deny Every single Annual Release Suck!! because is all about quick cash crabbing, is not about make a franchise great

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 08, 2017, 10:52:43 PM

I just read a post by Hicks where he said the six movies thing is for Blade Runner.

Blade Runner Don´t need a sequel!!

windebieste

Quote from: Bruno_People on Mar 09, 2017, 03:33:56 AM
Blade Runner Don´t need a sequel!!

Neither did 'ALIEN'; and yet 'ALIENS' was one of the best action movies from the 20th Century.

The model isn't the problem - it's the execution.  It's been working for television for years, delivering high quality content - the movie industry needs to catch up.

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

It seems like the movies that warrant fast tracked sequels are indeed fast tracked.

Also they're two different mediums that have different needs. Not everything that works for one works for the other.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed