"They replaced him two days before we left Thedus with Ash."

Started by Local Trouble, Jan 23, 2014, 06:12:55 PM

Author
"They replaced him two days before we left Thedus with Ash." (Read 4,652 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote"Crew expendable" comes more to mind.

No doubt, but surely there are neater, quieter ways of disposing of a crew member, ways that don't end up with your head coming off? Just putting it out there.

SM

This has what to do with a malfunction..?

Eva

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 29, 2014, 12:46:50 AM
Quote"Crew expendable" comes more to mind.

No doubt, but surely there are neater, quieter ways of disposing of a crew member, ways that don't end up with your head coming off? Just putting it out there.

Ash is strangling her with a magazine down her throat, because he's mimicking what the facehugger does to its victims. He rapes her with a surrogate penis, since he doesn't actually have one himself (according to Ridley on the commentary track).

Remember how Ash expresses his admiration with this perfect organism? Its purity?

ChrisPachi

Yes I remember. It still sounds like a boat load of crazy to me, a crazy that resulted in him being disabled and unable to protect the alien.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Eva on Jan 29, 2014, 01:30:48 AMRemember how Ash expresses his admiration with this perfect organism? Its purity?

I admire it too.  What does that say about me? :-\

SM

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 29, 2014, 02:06:36 AM
Yes I remember. It still sounds like a boat load of crazy to me, a crazy that resulted in him being disabled and unable to protect the alien.

So what...?  He disobeys the special order in order to protect himself?

ChrisPachi

Sure, the motive is fine, it's the method that leaves a bit to be desired. He could of crushed her throat right there in the computer room but instead opted for pain and torment, eg. he went psycho, forgot to lock the doors and lost his head for it. The Company would of been pissed.

Local Trouble

Could of, would of, should of.

SM

Layorz

Ruinus

My understanding of space travel in the Aliens setting was that most of it is spent in cryosleep, and that the ship AI is in charge of waking them up when they arrive at their destination, so I don't get why it would be common practice for an android/gynoid to be around to police the crew.

SM

The ships AI isn't terribly I.

Ruinus

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2014, 11:34:13 PM
The ships AI isn't terribly I.

That doesn't really answer my question though. Again, from what I get of the series space travel is mostly cryosleep, people waking up over their destination or on departure, there'd be no need for a droid aboard the ships to police the crew - the crew is asleep most of the time.

SiL

Most of the time, not all of the time. Plenty of opportunities for bad behaviour before and after cryo.

Kimarhi

One could say that Bishop is the physical embodiment of the ship. 

Or simply could be the CMC way of having double redundancy.  Because anybody in the military knows they love that shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed