"It appears to be completely sealed!"

Started by cmc, Jul 21, 2010, 04:33:45 AM

Author
"It appears to be completely sealed!" (Read 9,585 times)

MadassAlex

I prefer to think that the Aliens themselves subvert the laws of physics as we understand them.

Quote from: cmc on Jul 21, 2010, 06:38:06 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 21, 2010, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 21, 2010, 03:54:42 PM
the hiss sound was the petals of the egg relaxing and letting the air inside, because as Kane said, it was pressurized.

aren't we talking about the high pitched alarm sound when he says about a reactive layer.

no, when he goes to touch the egg

k, gotcha ;)

The Necronoir

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 22, 2010, 01:27:54 PM
I prefer to think that the Aliens themselves subvert the laws of physics as we understand them.

That's just like saying they use magic. If they're part of our physic-al universe, they're subject to the same laws of physics, end of story. They may not strictly adhere to our terrestrial notions of biology or physiology, but they aren't magical creatures.

MadassAlex

'Cept they already break a whole lot of rules.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Mmmmm.... like?

chupacabras acheronsis

mixing DNA with other animals composed of entirely different materials, living without feeding and growing exponentially in a few hours. and living in space, taking extreme temperatures and surviving several tons of hot lead.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 22, 2010, 04:49:34 PM
(1) mixing DNA with other animals composed of entirely different materials, (2) living without feeding and (3) growing exponentially in a few hours. and (4) living in space, (5) taking extreme temperatures and  (6) surviving several tons of hot lead.
1, 2 and 3 are just characteristics of the specimens; they are Alien creatures, we don't know their biology nor how they evolved. 4 is moot since they might just hold breath like Whales do when they go in the depht of the ocean. About 5, some specimens of Crickets can survive furnace temperatures without getting hurt. 6 is just skin resistance on their part.

chupacabras acheronsis

yeah but noone of those can be explained. it makes no f**king sense.

f**kING XENOMORPHS, HOW DO THEY WORK!?!?!

cmc

cmc

"living without feeding".......? i'm pretty sure they live on a healthy diet of human, unless the movies arent cannon  :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 22, 2010, 05:47:13 PM
yeah but noone of those can be explained.
Since we don't have an Alien corpse to study on, yes, they currently can't be explained.

MrSpaceJockey

Living in space by holding your breath doesn't solve the problems of extreme pressure.

OpenMaw

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 25, 2010, 03:19:58 AM
Living in space by holding your breath doesn't solve the problems of extreme pressure.

Quite the opposite in fact.

MrSpaceJockey

Really? I fail epically then

OpenMaw

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 25, 2010, 03:25:36 AM
Really? I fail epically then

No no I mean... If you hold your breath in space, your lungs are likely to rupture from the pressure.

MrSpaceJockey

Oh...well interesting.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed