The Predator in Magazines

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Author
The Predator in Magazines (Read 34,785 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Completely different.

ace3g

ace3g

Maybe that is before/after he injects himself with the latest batch of DNA?

yautjapet

yautjapet

I'm really curious about that new pic! I like those patterns. The middle passage beneath it reads roughly as such (not my translation, from the Google Translate app:)

"A new kind of huge predator which is three in this work. According to Shane Black's information, predators for vs Predator which human beings created by secretly genetic manipulation. Height is about 3 meters. From the life-sized bust prepared at the shooting site, I can understand the size outside the standard. There is nothing weaker than Berserker in this, is not it? In addition, Predator Dog, which seems to have developed secretly by humankind, appears in this work."

ace3g

ace3g

So the name of the magazine is Eiga HiHo, website below.

http://www.eigahiho.jp/

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 21, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

So the Predator dog is a...Rottweiler? :D :D
Could have been much worse, to be honest...
And the dreadlocks are quite short.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 21, 2018, 03:07:47 PM
Quote from: Tetsujin on Aug 21, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

So the Predator dog is a...Rottweiler? :D :D
Could have been much worse, to be honest...
And the dreadlocks are quite short.
It looks like a practical upgrade suit there as well and it looks a lot different from what we've seen so far

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The main thing will be how it will be portrayed in the final movie, how it behaves etc...

I was expecting worse design-wise, but still not a fan of it either.

StangwMagik

StangwMagik

I don't think it's a suit, it looks like a mock up for reference purposes. I actually dig the skin markings, particularly the tiger striping.

The Old One

The Old One

Lighting and CGI stand-in reference I believe.

Predator canine isn't as awful as I thought it would be, dreadlocks still bring down the design though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

According to a buddy who reads Japanese, it's a 3 meter CG stand-in as mentioned earlier.

Wysps

Wysps

Any information on the origin of the Pred dog? The article mentioned something about it being created in a human lab, but not sure if that's just speculation on their part...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah that part was weird, probably a translation problem

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 21, 2018, 06:31:40 PM
Any information on the origin of the Pred dog? The article mentioned something about it being created in a human lab, but not sure if that's just speculation on their part...

The article mentioned that Assassin was made by humans, too.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 21, 2018, 06:44:58 PM
Yeah that part was weird, probably a translation problem

Quote from: Xerxész on Aug 21, 2018, 06:54:14 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Aug 21, 2018, 06:31:40 PM

The article mentioned that Assassin was made by humans, too.

Really weird  :-\ That doesn't seem right, unless they've drastically changed stuff.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 21, 2018, 07:03:11 PM
Really weird  :-\ That doesn't seem right, unless they've drastically changed stuff.

I rather believe to Shane himself (as he is the director) than a magazine.
And Shane said that the Predators (actually, SOME Predators) upgrade themselves.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed