The Predator in Magazines

Started by Tetsujin, Aug 06, 2018, 07:35:11 AM

Author
The Predator in Magazines (Read 34,793 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 20, 2018, 03:07:34 AM
the Xenomorph skull is still there in Predator 2. Whether it's just an easter egg or not, doesn't matter, it IS there and it does confirm that Xenomorphs exist in the Predator canon, end of story.

Indeed, some would say, "if it's on film, it's canon".

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 19, 2018, 11:34:28 PM
You know it looks like the name of this magazine is SEX.

What kind of movie did Shane Black make???

The other day I was going down on my girlfriend...

Bob

Bob

Predator looks like a midget again

StangwMagik

StangwMagik

Jesus that armor is an eyesore. I don't care if it's a "military or police issue armor" or whatever fanfic you wanna come up with. Its bland and ugly and makes The Predator look like a cheap parody of itself.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 20, 2018, 01:50:03 AM
Quote from: Richman678 on Aug 19, 2018, 11:34:28 PM
You know it looks like the name of this magazine is SEX.

What kind of movie did Shane Black make???

A sex movie. ;D

Good thing that's a joke. I don't think a movie that's called "The Sexual Predator" is going to do very well at the box office.

Mmm in the beautiful world we are living in, you never know  :P

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Danversity on Aug 20, 2018, 03:07:34 AM
Making AVP canon is far from being "the worst idea ever". The AVP movies might not be good, but on a world-building level they didn't destroy or interfere with nothing within the canon of the franchises. They're not Alien: Resurrection. There are far worse movies and spin-offs out there. Keeping AVP canon is a smart move because for one it lets the door open for a future AVP movie that's actually good, especially now that shared universes are a thing, and also because hell, the Xenomorph skull is still there in Predator 2. Whether it's just an easter egg or not, doesn't matter, it IS there and it does confirm that Xenomorphs exist in the Predator canon, end of story. So you might as well make AVP canon; if The Predator were to blatantly ignore AVP it would just be confusing for some people - the way Prometheus and Covenant were, but worse, since the Predator canon has a direct connection to Xenomorphs from way back.

Yeah, I think people sometimes forget how old the connection between Predator and Alien is.  This is not just some new idea from the 2000's.  But as a fan I'd be better satisfied if the creators were to stick to the original source material (which is by far more enjoyable, imo) than try to come up with stuff outside of the lore - at the beginning.  They should establish AvP first with solid material, like the Noguchi or Delacroix stories, and maybe then start producing more original elements to the stories.

StangwMagik

StangwMagik

I'd hardly call the bloated dumpster fire that was Deadliest of the Species "solid material".

andrea

andrea

a Predator sex movie?? Hell..I'll be in for that!!~

Tetsujin

Tetsujin

happypred

happypred

I've owned copies of Deadliest of the Species since 2006

Incredibly I have not been able to get past the first issue

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Are there any plans to do a comic with this material?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: happypred on Aug 21, 2018, 11:15:32 AM
I've owned copies of Deadliest of the Species since 2006

Incredibly I have not been able to get past the first issue

I actually first bought the comic around that time and didn't actually appreciate it until sometime last year. Definitely had to read it from a different perspective than the other comics, but think it's great now. Not sure what changed, age maybe?

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 21, 2018, 12:05:58 PM
Are there any plans to do a comic with this material?

Not that I'm aware of.

Tetsujin

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What the frack is that thing...

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

A statue of the assassin on display for some future event maybe

The colors are different though

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed