AvP Trailer Finally Online

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2004, 10:01:30 PM

Author
AvP Trailer Finally Online (Read 37,946 times)

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Cetanu, I was just on Amazon.ca and the novel came out on June 8th it says there and has a 2-3 day delivery date.So if you want major spoilers and cant wait for the movie get the book, thats if it is a actualy scene for scene type of movie book.I personaly am waiting for the movie in August baby!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D  

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

heres the link for ya Cetanu, its to amazon.ca but if you happen to live in the states just go to amazon.com instead they have it there to.  http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060735376/qid=1087871068/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_3_1/701-0884380-8296339

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

hey CETANU just a quick notice the book has 288 pages mostlikely iz ganna be about 2 hours...

Terhou

Terhou

awsum awsum awsum!!!   ???  

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

Hello, Hell Alien   ;D  

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

HELL ALIEN! glad your back- and so is complete the circle of the TRUE AvP Fans...  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat....................-real pred

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

sooo whos in the circle of True AVP Fans?  i think first foremost would be Darkness,   Who else?

Cetanu

Cetanu

Hey guys, I know all of you are probably sick of discussing why the main body of the story is being set in Antarctica, but I am here to defend the plot Anderson has written, I know its utter genius and I want to prove that to all of you once and for all.  For those who want to know how this starts. In the beginning Anderson is basing his story off of theories from some famous guy named Eric/Erik von Danikken ( doubt I just spelled his name right...ohhh well ) , this guy firmly believed that such a primitive and savage people like the Aztecs or the Incas, whoever is being used couldn't have possible constructed their elaborate cities and pyramids on their own. He theorized that they constructed the pyramids with alien help. These aliens that arrived to help them became their Gods, they began to idolize and worship them due to the seemingly limitless technology they possessed that enabled them to build their cities. The Gods they worshipped 'came down from the sky in giant ships' and of course we all know that the Predators had mastered space travel, even that long ago. Now we know that the Gods they worhsip are Predators, so you know that when you worship something that you're willing to do whatever it takes to appease them. The Predators definately used this to their advantage. They pretty much said "Okay, now that we built your city, you get to do us a pretty little favor, you get to be used as hosts for the Xenomorph facehuggers. Now this ties in perfectly with the fact that these ancient civilizations practiced human sacrifice, except in this story its facehuggers not a knife through the chest. Now this is all to be done of course in a special ritual pyramid, because I'm sure that Yautja knew, even then about the Aliens notorious ability to infest and spread. Part I is done fellas, my fingers hurt, I'll finish the rest later on, feel free to praise or criticize ( if you dare ) what I've written so far.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Very interesting yet i knew this already but im glad you put people in the know!

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

Whats this?

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

I just made the 400th post ! YEAAAAAA! lol

Cetanu

Cetanu

Alright, time to finish this. As I was saying, the Yautja more than likely held the coming of age ritual inside if a pyramid on purpose so as to seal in the Xenomorphs and prevent them from escaping into and infesting the main body of the city should things get out of hand. All of a sudden though, the ritual doesn't go quite according to plan. The Aliens bust out of the pyramid and immobilize the entire city's population to be used for hosts. Lets say five Predators had been hunting the Aliens, two have been killed, leaving three left who have escaped to the top of the Pyramid. With nearly thousands of people exposed to the facehuggers, this in turn results in thousands of obviously pissed off Aliens swarming up all sides of the Pyramid to get to the remaining Preds. Realizing that they have no chance, the two Preds still alive ( the third is dead after getting impaled by an Alien tail ) activate their self destruct and KA - BOOM! The Aztecs are effectively wiped out along with all the Aliens!  With that training ground gone, the Preds must find another spot on Earth so that the ritual can continue. I must credit Adam JZ for this brillitant theory, but the Preds then pick Antarctica, the harshest environment on Earth, isolated from all the rest of the world. This isolation is crucial, and the Preds know this is important because they dont want the Aliens escaping to infest the rest of the world and spread out of their control again; like what happened in S. America. The Preds then construct the ritual Pyramid out of their own technology with the help of their surviving worshippers. At the 1,000 year mark several humans are sacrificed leaving behind the eerie skeletons and such that you see when the team enters the Pyramid. Now, 1,000 years later, its time for the ritual to begin again. Now someone mentioned of just how convenient the Pyramid was in a hollowed out cavern when the team finally is able to drill that deep. In one of the featurettes you hear Weyland say "7 days ago one of my satellites discovered a sudden heat plume over Antarctica". My guess is, you have to remember now, this Pyramid is mostly Predator technology, so, perhaps the Preds planned for the fact that in a 1,000 years of idleness their pyramid would be buried underneath layers of ice, so they built in some form of device that heats up the outside of the pyramid, melting the immediate ice around it, creating that cavern making it at least somewhat accessible. Is anything I'm saying making any sense, I hope so, my fingers will be pissed if I they knew they typed so long only to have their hard work backfire.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

good job, just one thing though, its not every 1000 years, its every 100 years, the film opens up with an attack on a whaling station in 1904

TheOutcast

TheOutcast

You are incorrect Pvt Hudson, Paul Anderson at around 2:00 of the 1st featurette says every 1,000 years.

Pvt Hudson

Pvt Hudson

It Changed! you are the one who is incorrect! if you watch the featurette on the creatures, you actually see a scene from 1904 where we see the preds blades extend and we see a guy back away!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed