Hunting Grounds @ PAX South

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 07, 2020, 08:11:44 AM

Author
Hunting Grounds @ PAX South (Read 10,025 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://south.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/predator-movie-to-video-game

QuotePopular IP turned Immersive Video Game. Have you ever wondered how companies take famous IPs and make a video game out of it? Here to discuss this is IllFonic. Panelists will take you through the first pitch meeting to creating a great movie videogame. They will discuss bringing lore from film and implementing it into gameplay. As well as how they stay true to the existing canon while creating new fiction for the world.

Saturday 18th 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM CST. Should be about 6.30 GMT.

Corporal Hicks

Watch live video from PAX2 on www.twitch.tv

Illfonic's panel will be starting in approximately 6 hours.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Noice!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

5 minutes.  ;D

And we're live!

Kailem

Kailem

O.W.L.F. being back in the game is a cool touch. Still feels odd that Stargazer are straight-up villains in this, but then I kinda felt the same about them in the movie too. :P

Corporal Hicks

What's what happened when Woodhurst got ousted.  :'( Traeger and his nefariousness.

We're just about to record something for the podcast/site but when we're done, gonna try and get a little summary up and screencap all the images.

molasar

molasar

That was an interesting panel. I like the way Sony supports the devs.

Enjoy

Enjoy

I will check back for a recap.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 18, 2020, 07:57:22 PM
What's what happened when Woodhurst got ousted.  :'( Traeger and his nefariousness.

Yeah it doubtless would have worked a bit better in the original cut.

molasar

molasar

To those of you who missed it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/538030165?t=07m37s

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Anybody hear about Disney renaming 20th Century FOX as simply 20th Century Studios. Some may consider that trivial.

SuperiorIronman

Given the screens shown off at PAX, I guess I was kind of right about the female Berserker resembling the males to a degree.

Incredible that for about 30 people almost everything went right getting this game made.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Unreal 4 Engine?

I hope this game isn't a glorified fan-mod.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on Jan 19, 2020, 04:25:30 PM
Unreal 4 Engine?

I hope this game isn't a glorified fan-mod.

What do you mean?

SuperiorIronman

Probably in that Unreal Engine can be utilized by pretty much anybody. Unreal is pretty common so it tends to be used in a lot of material including fanmade content. That being said you can also get access to a few different engines. For the hell of it I got access to Cryengine awhile back for what was all things considered pretty cheap for a month or two's worth of access.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed