New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 57,167 times)

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: MrSpaceJockeySo far though, the only aliens with actual skulls beneath are Kane's son, and....sigh...the Predalien.

I don't recall the original Giger Alien from the first movie ("Kane's son") as having a translucent cranial shell showing us a skull shape beneath? I'm pretty sure the first to do such a thing was a few interpretations in model-form, and the Pred-Alien. Didn't Kane have a smooth, black cranium?

@Sexy Poot: I'm pretty sure the greenish glow on the lurker's shoulder tubes are a result of intense lighting made to give us a view through the translucent shell of the lurker's head. You can see the bright light glinting off Mr. Lurker's head and shoulders in both cases - I'd say that glow would be hardly visible in the standard dimly-lit environments.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 08:03:47 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockeySo far though, the only aliens with actual skulls beneath are Kane's son, and....sigh...the Predalien.

I don't recall the original Giger Alien from the first movie ("Kane's son") as having a translucent cranial shell showing us a skull shape beneath? I'm pretty sure the first to do such a thing was a few interpretations in model-form, and the Pred-Alien. Didn't Kane have a smooth, black cranium?

No, it always had the translucent cowl. The lighting in the film made it look opaque, though.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Well I definitely see improvements in this trailer. Pulse rifle sounds better, seems female marines might be in. The atmosphere and frantic-ness of trying to survive appears to have been captured. The aliens look good including the spitter, andshould be fun to play.

Hoping they iron out that smartgun sound though - avp2010 all over again.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Ok thanks for clarifying that, SpaceMarines (and I hope your name refers to the Adeptus Astartes! ;)). Now I have to watch the whole first movie again hehe.

I think your answer supports my second point though; lighting can make the xenos look very different depending on how dim the environment is, and I suspect that's the case with the greenish hue of the Lurker's shoulder tubes.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 11:02:56 PM
Ok thanks for clarifying that, SpaceMarines (and I hope your name refers to the Adeptus Astartes! ;)).

No problem, man. Sorry to disappoint you, though, my name has nothing to do with WH40K, merely the concept of a "space marine" in general. Although I have been interested in getting into it, simply intimidated by the sheer size of it all; I have heard the Horus Heresy is a good place to start, though.

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 11:02:56 PMNow I have to watch the whole first movie again hehe.

Well, nothing wrong with that. :)

Quote from: FightFinda on Sep 01, 2012, 11:02:56 PMI think your answer supports my second point though; lighting can make the xenos look very different depending on how dim the environment is, and I suspect that's the case with the greenish hue of the Lurker's shoulder tubes.

Oh, definitely. I find this the most with the Winston Aliens. Look fantastic in the film with the right lighting, not so good out of that.

The Runner

The Runner

Here are some Screen Caps I made:

----You can see the change in the Lurker when the Marine shoots it in the head, the dome covering comes off.-----

Predaker

Predaker

Where do you see the dome covering being shot off the alien's head? Are you getting the lurker mixed up with the warrior?

FightFinda

FightFinda

Screenshot #5 is the manually-operated sentry turret footage I was referring to earlier, there must be a significant reason though why the player would feel inclined to use the turret themselves rather than providing supporting rifle fire for the automated turret. Perhaps when AI-controlled, its rate of fire is slower or it must 'lock on' to a target before firing?

@SpaceMarines: I've never read the books myself but I've heard good things. I started with Fire Warrior on the PS2, then moved to the Dawn of War RTS PC games, and a good few months ago I joined the Ultramarines Chapter (clan) for Warhammer 40K Space Marine on the PS3.

SM

SM

Yoohoo!  Over here!! It's me glowing green sneaking up on you!!!

chupacabras acheronsis

i hate how they are growing all over the place, some smaller and placed oddly.

they should at least look mechanic, not plant-like.

SM

SM

It just looks like something that was clearly an Alien ripoff because they couldn't afford the license.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

If it was just a game, than I wouldn't care. Since its supposedly cannon, this irks me a bit.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The concept art with the xenos being in a WY  stasis pod lab...if this is in the game and explains some of this shit, then I'll be fine.

Won't explain why the f**king colony is still around from the damn blast, but that's for another post.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 03, 2012, 12:18:05 AM
The concept art with the xenos being in a WY  stasis pod lab...if this is in the game and explains some of this shit, then I'll be fine.

Won't explain why the f**king colony is still around from the damn blast, but that's for another post.

Concept art with the xenos being in a WY stasis pod lab?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

The Lurker as i sstated before doesn't have its head shell blown off. I have the highres 1080p 60fps version, and its just the angle that its in. sure as hell looked like it was being blown off or turned into the black head. Interesting concept but its would be confusing and odd to me that it would.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed