Aliens - Crowe and Wierzbowski

Started by NecronomIV, May 24, 2023, 01:34:18 PM

Author
Aliens - Crowe and Wierzbowski (Read 4,624 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Hi All,

Just looking for a little help.

I've watched ALIENS a ridiculous amount of times and I have a hard time trying to work out who Crowe and Wierzbowski are. Do they have any dialogue at any point? Any scenes or action? Can someone post a screenshot with them in?

I just can't figure those guys out.

Thanks in advance.

ralfy

ralfy

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Cheers, that's a great resource.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Now, I've been studying ALIENS in pretty much hyper-molecular detail and I've realised something about Crowe and Wierzbowski.

It always bothered me, in the interviews or literature, somoene says something like "Even the characters who die early you get a sense of who they are and the loss of them". I dare say someone can pick out the exact quote from somewhere.

But Crowe and Wierzbowski, that's not true.

You have to look carefully to see them. Wierzbowski has no dialogue (other than possibly a scream at the last). Crowe I think has one line (off screen at that).

Then I discovered: they're stunt guys. They're not really characters, just there to flesh out the numbers of marines, and do some stunt work. I'm amazed that Crowe even got that one line.

Wierzbowski's lack of dialogue may even have allowed the production to pay him less (this is a UK thing).

And lastly, having identified Wierzbowski, I noticed a goof. When Apone says "Wierzbowski! Come on 'ski, on your feet", said character is on the left side of the screen, on his feet, and getting something out of his locker!

SiL

SiL

That's Spunkmyer.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Back in the old days of the internet there used to be a site called the Wierzbowski hunters,.....that hunted for Weirzbowski in the film.   

Technically you hear Wierzbowski scream. 

The Aliens are less than lethal in the movie, which is a disappointment, since the Marines were almost as good as killing themselves and each other as the Aliens were.  Wierzbowski was technically killed by the Aliens, and we don't even get to see it. 

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: SiL on Jul 13, 2023, 08:20:10 PMThat's Spunkmyer.

👍

doea the director's cut change any of this?

dont own any of the movies . have seen alienS tr about 15 times and the director s cut about 10 times. defo not alien univers aficianado in terms of knowing the movies inside out. but love them . so i forget details sometimes. no excuse.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: oduodu on Jul 19, 2023, 08:01:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 13, 2023, 08:20:10 PMThat's Spunkmyer.

👍

doea the director's cut change any of this?

dont own any of the movies . have seen alienS tr about 15 times and the director s cut about 10 times. defo not alien univers aficianado in terms of knowing the movies inside out. but love them . so i forget details sometimes. no excuse.
No, it's Spunkmyer and always has been him that talks to Bishop while he's disecting the facehugger.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Yeah, Spunkmeyer, Bishop and Ferro are the only ones absent from the massacre of Sublevel-C.

It's sort of suprising that Bishop was left behind when Ferro and Spunkmeyer take off, but there are a few odd things that happen in ALIENS because the Plot Requires It.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 19, 2023, 07:37:14 AMTechnically you hear Wierzbowski scream.

Is that when Hicks yells: "Where's Bowski?!  Where's Bowski?!"

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 20, 2023, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 19, 2023, 07:37:14 AMTechnically you hear Wierzbowski scream.

I always thought he was shouting "Wierzbowski".

Stitch

Stitch

Cannot tell if srs

Local Trouble

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 20, 2023, 01:31:23 AM

I always thought he was shouting "Wierzbowski".

I bet it rankles you to have gotten it wrong for so many years.

Jonjamess

Jonjamess

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 20, 2023, 12:30:37 AMYeah, Spunkmeyer, Bishop and Ferro are the only ones absent from the massacre of Sublevel-C.

It's sort of suprising that Bishop was left behind when Ferro and Spunkmeyer take off, but there are a few odd things that happen in ALIENS because the Plot Requires It.
I think the plan was to pick Bishop up after collecting the Marines. The Marines needed urgent evac because of the threat of the Aliens and the hive in close proximity to them. Ferro and Spunkmyer are shown as already being on/by the dropship while Bishop still seems to be in Operations at that moment.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed