AvP Hunting Party DLC

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Dec 14, 2022, 07:34:49 PM

Author
AvP Hunting Party DLC (Read 5,278 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Likely the very final update of the game. To be honest I wasn't expecting it so soon after the last DLC pack, but it makes sense that they'd want to finish things off before the new year.

It's cool that we're getting all three, since I was only really expecting Celtic (especially given that their masks are all in the game already). They look good! Wonder if they added Tracker's mask with this update too, since his was the only one datamined that still hadn't been added up 'till now.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Well shit, took em long enough. When was Scar's plasma caster first datamined?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Well Christ I wasn't expecting to do all three. Why they'd leave tracker out of the Predators pack then? Further why did they go for the three but not bother to put Captured on model?

I'm not complaining, that's more effort than I thought they would but, just weird is all.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 14, 2022, 08:06:25 PMWell shit, took em long enough. When was Scar's plasma caster first datamined?

Fairly close to City Hunter's release. It was discovered roughly about the time we found out about City Hunter's model. It's partially why I think it was a rights issue because I can't imagine they'd have slept on that otherwise.

Kailem

Kailem

I'm sure the Disney buy-out probably messed a whole bunch of timeline stuff up too. I wouldn't be shocked if the people they were dealing with at Fox in terms of getting the ok on character models and stuff left and Disney took their time getting people in to replace them. Hence why we got no movie Predators of any kind for a really long time after the first couple of months post-release.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

So the armor models don't look half bad. Whoever was in charge on this, definitely a step up from Wolf. No complaints on proportions here. I'd have preferred a more proportionally accurate Scar mask but otherwise it looks fine. My irritations is in the fact that Celtic doesn't come with his battle damaged outfit to make all three look as distinct as possible, but he's close enough to the movie that the armor style is fine. For the life of me I can't remember whose spine that is. I have no idea where that came from but it's on all of them. No netgun for Celtic but it disappears at random in the movie anyways so I'll cut that some slack. The gun is in the wrong down position as well. I have some assumptions it might be on the same rig as Jungle Hunter but otherwise it's a wonderful kind of chunky.

Celtic, Chopper, and Scar masks have been renamed to the respective Predators.

There is a "small" screwup. None of the predators have heads resembling Scar's which you'd think had been the case given Y'know, Scar. Not even a default head with a mark. Not even a skin for the movie patterns. They basically forgot it and didn't even bother to reuse Jungle Hunter's head like in the promotional render. It's kind of an impressive error. They also have made the mistake of forgetting the dreadlocks for the third time now. First with Tank, then with Emissary and now with an entire trio. 3 times now they've made this error across five Predators.

No new weapons or variants as far as I can tell. And given Illfonic make changes without telling us anymore I have otherwise no idea what has been fixed, broke, or what.

Edit- specializations are busted on them like the last pack. Expect a hot fix.

Edit edit- neck rings are missing on all three.

Kailem

Kailem

Wow, so unmasked Scar doesn't even look like Scar?! What the hell is that promo image even there for?

Still, if this really is the very last update I suppose we should have known they'd have found a way to screw it up, one last time.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

No maps
No weapons
Not even perks
Not even f**king bug fixes
Just another scam.

Oh yeah, also false advertisement

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 14, 2022, 09:06:34 PMWow, so unmasked Scar doesn't even look like Scar?! What the hell is that promo image even there for?

Still, if this really is the very last update I suppose we should have known they'd have found a way to screw it up, one last time.

So it seems they at least intended a modified Jungle Hunter head. The promo image has a Jungle Hunter with more teeth. However like the promotional render there's no skin representing the trio which is kind of silly given all three use the same base body. So nobody needed an exclusive texture, everybody could use the same one. None is to be found in-game which Mottle at the very least serves as a decent enough stand-in for (despite being -1 it is accessible at what I assume is 1250). Interestingly the skin texture is brighter in game. No idea if that was intentional or if it's because I'm on PS5 now.

But yeah whoever was on armor, they did great. They seemingly otherwise had nobody on Scar's face. Which they didn't even need to add a mark for either. The mask is good enough to communicate his name.

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

The only Pred face I never liked in the movies was Scar. It was WAY too friendly looking lol and the fact that they didn't do anything to the actors eyes just screamed "guy in a mask" to me. I hope they modify the face in this content to make Scar look actually menacing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I'm impressed with the promo render either. Has anyone actually got this? Be curious to see him in-game (I've not brought either of the last 2 packs).

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2022, 08:30:30 AMI can't say I'm impressed with the promo render either. Has anyone actually got this? Be curious to see him in-game (I've not brought either of the last 2 packs).

All three use the default head with no unique skin textures or a reuse of Jungle Hunter's. No new dreads either despite them being featured in the promo image.

Looking at the promo image it appears the head did have the scar on the unmasked head. So either that was meant for Scar specifically or it was going to be used on all of them. Either way even the scar is missing.

In-game the armor can look weird in some lighting. On HQ the armor can look olive or bronze in some lights. But the armor looks great even though it has some minor issues with clipping. The boot knife is missing from all three and the scimitars aren't even unusable and retracted on Chopper, they just aren't here.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

There is infact, a unique headmesh for scar in the files, it's unused likely because the devs aren't competent at their job and forgot to implement it

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

All the high hopes I had for this game. Really is a shame the Predator franchise just can't get a decent game.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Dec 15, 2022, 01:47:12 PMThere is infact, a unique headmesh for scar in the files, it's unused likely because the devs aren't competent at their job and forgot to implement it
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/748816896316538881/1052763290356420698/Umodel_Screenshot_2022.12.14_-_20.45.12.46.png

Can't believe they just... forgot to add the AVP Preds faces, but are still using it for marketing. Also the last communication they had with fans of PHG in any regard seems to be back in the summer. It's a shame that at this point it looks like they're just haphazardly spitting out whatever completed content that the couldn't be released earlier. Would've been a perfect time to release that shuriken as well. The lack of just baseline love for this still active game, even though it's understandable they've moved to their next project, is really disheartening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed