Most skilled Predator?

Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 30, 2022, 10:10:08 AM

Which Predator is the most skilled hunter/warrior?

Jungle Hunter
4 (40%)
City Hunter
1 (10%)
Berserker
0 (0%)
Falconer
0 (0%)
Tracker
0 (0%)
Scar
1 (10%)
Celtic
0 (0%)
Chopper
0 (0%)
Wolf
1 (10%)
Feral
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Oct 03, 2022, 10:10:08 AM

Author
Most skilled Predator? (Read 3,418 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

So here it is, which hunter do you believe is the most skilled hunter/ warrior? And please be honest with yourselves haha don't pick your favorite just because it's your favorite, think about it and give a true opinion on who you actually believe is the best. Only film Predators this time. Thank you my friends.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Jungle Hunter. He was clearly experienced based on the stories surrounding him. He stayed out of sight, waited for his targets to separate, and took them down one by one.

City Hunter may have had more toys to work with, but his style was very reckless and agressive. He was eager for spectacle.

Scar, though he managed an impressive kill of an alien, ultimately his skill seems limited.

Wolf, made some very, potentially, suicidal choices.

Feral seemed very inexperienced and, similar to City Hunter, eager for a bigger badder fight. Does not indicate high skill level.

The Bezerkers also seemed to rely more on brute force than actual skill.

Celtic showed some pretty remarkable skill given how off guard he was caught. It certainly wasn't his skill that failed him. He was observant, generally reacted fast, and deployed his limited arsenal as effectively as possible.

If I could pick an alternate Predator it would be Greyback. You can just tell by looking at the dude he's seen some stuff, has developed a high level of patience, is introspective, and probably fought many a bloody brutal fight.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 30, 2022, 10:29:36 AMJungle Hunter. He was clearly experienced based on the stories surrounding him. He stayed out of sight, waited for his targets to separate, and took them down one by one.

City Hunter may have had more toys to work with, but his style was very reckless and agressive. He was eager for spectacle.

Scar, though he managed an impressive kill of an alien, ultimately his skill seems limited.

Wolf, made some very, potentially, suicidal choices.

Feral seemed very inexperienced and, similar to City Hunter, eager for a bigger badder fight. Does not indicate high skill level.

The Bezerkers also seemed to rely more on brute force than actual skill.

Celtic showed some pretty remarkable skill given how off guard he was caught. It certainly wasn't his skill that failed him. He was observant, generally reacted fast, and deployed his limited arsenal as effectively as possible.

If I could pick an alternate Predator it would be Greyback. You can just tell by looking at the dude he's seen some stuff, has developed a high level of patience, is introspective, and probably fought many a bloody brutal fight.
I definitely agree with you on all to things here, Jungle Hunter was my pick as well, he took out one Special forces team and then basically the entire of Dutch's team (who were literally regarded as the best) while taking very minimal damage in the process, apparently he also had been there multiple times in the past and made a name for himself in the region. I was going to add the lost tribe but the poll was so long already lol.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm not going to do it, but I should vote Feral just because the reactions would be funny.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Scar.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: choccy milk on Sep 30, 2022, 11:29:15 PMScar.

https://media.giphy.com/media/i5xcgMuwQmDXa/giphy.gif
https://j.gifs.com/nZXRml.gif
Scar was no doubt skilled however, he allowed himself to get face hugged which endangered the entire ship and killed wolf and the entire town of Gunnison Colorado, he single handedly killed thousands of innocence and at least 4 of his own kind, indirectly or not, still an EPIC failure by Predator standards. He did not even survive his initiation, queen or no. Most Elite or Blooded Predators have faced those odds or greater and lived to tell about it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 01, 2022, 12:01:23 AMhe allowed himself to get face hugged
He didn't. He was caught by surprise while not wearing the helmet.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 01, 2022, 12:21:39 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 01, 2022, 12:01:23 AMhe allowed himself to get face hugged
He didn't. He was caught by surprise while not wearing the helmet.
I know, but he should have made sure it was clear before removing his helmet. He could have waited until the hunt was complete before doing the marking. That's like me stopping to take off my ACH/helmet before clearing the room or checking the whole area in the army, which is a huge no no.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 01, 2022, 12:37:21 AMI know, but he should have made sure it was clear before removing his helmet. He could have waited until the hunt was complete before doing the marking.
Hubris, as usual.

SiL

SiL

There's a difference between skill and experience. Scar had one but not the other.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 12:45:47 AMThere's a difference between skill and experience. Scar had one but not the other.

Did you vote for Feral?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I am very tempted to reboot the poll, make 300 fake accounts (each with 'Feral' in the nickname) to vote for Feral on this specific poll, but I guess the mods would be after me for that...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 01, 2022, 01:02:33 AMWhile it's fun voting for Feral everyone, The point was to pick the actual best hunter here LOL

Isn't Feral the best?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 01, 2022, 12:45:47 AMThere's a difference between skill and experience. Scar had one but not the other.
Coming to the conclusion it's not a good idea to take off your helmet in any environment where the enemy has the ability to impregnate you is more a common sense and not an experience thing, kind of like "don't point the barrel at your buddy" infantry common knowledge things, only for Predators. As I'm positive they are briefed before a hunt or at least know what they are fighting ahead of time. Other Predators CLEARLY made it through that initiation many times before without such an issue and they were not experienced.

SiL

SiL

He has to get his mark, though - and he has to get it on his face.

His mistake isn't really taking the mask off, it's not putting it back on in before getting up and turning around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed