Predator 2 appreciation

Started by frasermaxx, Sep 06, 2022, 02:29:00 PM

Author
Predator 2 appreciation (Read 6,379 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I appreciate it. It's a shame the later sequels/games/comics dropped the awesome ship interior designs for some kind of boring Star Trek one. Lazy!

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

I love Predator 2, I hold it up to the first one, yes the first is best but damn P2 comes close to being just as good in my eyes. 

Komenja

Komenja

Predator 2 f**kin' rules. Out of any piece of media in the entire series, it's probably done the absolute most to expand on the creature and it's mythology. And on top of that, it's just a very fun movie from start to finish. The ending with Harrigan in the ship and the Lost Tribe is one of my favorite scenes out of any movie, ever.

Growing up, it drove me crazy that all my friends hated this movie. I'm very glad that it seems more and more people are coming back and looking at it in a better light in recent times.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

A shame it doesn't have higher ratings in general, hell even Predators is rated higher on IMDB  ::)

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Sep 07, 2022, 09:27:18 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 07, 2022, 06:27:11 AM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 06, 2022, 09:02:03 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 06, 2022, 08:20:02 PM
Quote from: SiL on Sep 06, 2022, 08:11:01 PMOG smart disc < shurikens
Yes, I agree
Appreciation thread my dude, don't start.

I like Predator 2's frisbee but I like 'em spinning blades from AvP more, sorry
Cool but this isn't the place.

IRT THREAD

P2 was the first Alien or Predator movie I ever saw. I remember not finishing it on first watch, but I can't remember where I ended. I think I was 8.

Stuck with me. Such a fun movie.

Saw Predator when I was seven or eight. Loved it ever since. About Predator 2 I remember my father borrowed a whole box of 80' and 90' schlock from a friend who was running VHS rental and Predator 2 was among them. Watched it daily! Happy times 😉

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 07, 2022, 04:25:35 PMA shame it doesn't have higher ratings in general, hell even Predators is rated higher on IMDB  ::)

Thing about ratings is, they are not updated. Paradox is Predator 2 is the best sequel and cult classic  but has lowest ratings.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

That's Prey but I do agree, I can think of a few ratings that are just outdated.

SiL

SiL

Predator 2 remains the best sequel, if not in filmmaking at least style and entertainment.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think Prey's a cut above in every regard.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

As much as I really enjoy Prey, I'm also still in the camp of Predator 2 being the best sequel. But Prey is very very close up there with the first 2 imo. I recognize that a lot of that is probably based on nostalgia, but I think Predator 2 is just really entertaining, and did so much for world-building and adding on to the lore. Which is something I think any sequel in any series should strive to do.

Prey has a lot of advantages over 2 in terms of technical film-making for sure. But there's just something about 2 that is special.

I don't necessarily begrudge anyone for preferring Prey to 2 tho, personally :)

Don't mean to fan the flames on "which is the best sequel" debate either.
I'm just here to show some love for 2  ;D

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 07, 2022, 07:04:40 PMI think Prey's a cut above in every regard.

Then you are minority sweetheart 😘

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

But I am not? You yourself pointed that out earlier. Not that being in the majority means that I am right though.

SiL

SiL

Prey has no style. It's filmmaking white bread. There's nothing to make it stand out against a hundred other perfectly competently made movies.

There's no mistaking Predator 2. It is a beast of its own.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

And yet for all that style it is not a better film in my honest opinion, do you know who I also think has all the style of white bread? James Cameron.

SiL

SiL

Who cares what you think about James Cameron? We're here to praise Predator 2.

IRT Thread

The one thing I think the sequel does absolutely better than the original is the music. It's everything that was good about the original OST with new, beautiful compositions that really created a distinct sound for the Predator.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Did I hit a nerve or something there? You responded to me about the style of the film. I don't know what's more condescending "sweetheart" or your tone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed