Do you think Rebellion should remaster/remake AVPGold?

Started by Inverse Effect, Nov 29, 2020, 10:55:08 PM

Author
Do you think Rebellion should remaster/remake AVPGold? (Read 9,524 times)

[cancerblack]

I'd rather AvP2, but it's in eternal rights-limbo.

Sol

Quote from: SiL on Nov 30, 2020, 06:23:22 AM
I'd say it's more Metroid/Castlevania in that you can technically explore the whole station at your whim but access to certain areas is restricted and needs to be opened by finding appropriate keys. However there is no linear structure and it's possible to complete the game without accessing all areas. There's a single overarching goal and as many ways to complete that as you choose within reason.

I can agree with that assessment. The main point however, is it's not open world. That is a specific description of a specific type of game. There needs to be more than non linear game progression to designate a game as 'open world'.

There isn't a single respectable place or group of people that would lable a mid 90s corridor shooter as an open world game. By nature, a corridor shooter cannot be an open world game, literally because there's nothing open about it to begin with.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world

Drukathi

I like high speed gameplay of AvP Gold.

AvP2 has a better plot, but hey - it a game - so the gameplay is more important. AvP Gold out of competition.

I've noticed that the speed decreases with every game.

AvP - FTL.
AvP2 - slow.
AvP2010 - slower than a snail.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Drukathi on Nov 30, 2020, 10:04:24 AM
I like high speed gameplay of AvP Gold.

AvP2 has a better plot, but hey - it a game - so the gameplay is more important. AvP Gold out of competition.

I've noticed that the speed decreases with every game.

AvP - FTL.
AvP2 - slow.
AvP2010 - slower than a snail.

Single player's all I care about, so AvP2 gets my vote.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 07:00:32 AM
I can agree with that assessment. The main point however, is it's not open world. That is a specific description of a specific type of game. There needs to be more than non linear game progression to designate a game as 'open world'.

There isn't a single respectable place or group of people that would lable a mid 90s corridor shooter as an open world game. By nature, a corridor shooter cannot be an open world game, literally because there's nothing open about it to begin with.

Lol, it is not a corridor shooter and it fits an open world definition perfectly. The whole base with its airducts and space ships is available for you. The only thing you cannot do is explore outer space. It is the same with GTA games.

The problem you have is a scale of the game. Then compare your GTA games with No Man's Sky which makes them a joke.

Drukathi

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 30, 2020, 10:13:23 AM
Single player's all I care about, so AvP2 gets my vote.

Who knows? CDProject/GOG-team work miracles. Perhaps one day they will pull AvP2 out of rights-hell. As far as I know they have already done this with BR and some other games.

p.s But WTF, doesn't all the rights ultimately belong to the ultimate owner of the franchise? Fox, Disney?

Sol

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 07:00:32 AM

Lol, it is not a corridor shooter and it fits an open world definition perfectly. The whole base with its airducts and space ships is available for you. The only thing you cannot do is explore outer space. It is the same with GTA games.

The problem you have is a scale of the game. Then compare your GTA games with No Man's Sky which makes them a joke.

You are literally the only person on the planet calling AVP on the Atari Jaguar, and Resident Evil (1996), open world.

You do know that, right?

Yea. You know what. You "win". LMFAO

molasar

Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 11:02:24 AM
You are literally the only person on the planet calling AVP on the Atari Jaguar, and Resident Evil (1996), open world.

You do know that, right?

Lol, wrong again. I stated that Jag's AvP is closer to RE than Doom in its gameplay loop but it is on a larger scale. And it is an open world game.

Sol

Quote from: molasar on Nov 30, 2020, 11:09:27 AM
Quote from: Sol on Nov 30, 2020, 11:02:24 AM

You do know that, right?

Lol, wrong again. I stated that Jag's AvP is closer to RE than Doom in its gameplay loop but it is on a larger scale. And it is an open world game.

[cancerblack]

This thread got funny

Kradan

Kradan

molasar: Lol

Sol: Lololol

molasar

Kradan

Gr33n M4n

Closest thing we've got to a remake is the Redux and master effects mods.

Stitch

Do Rebellion still  have the rights?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed