Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,161 times)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

I noticed that on some of the chest and shoulder armor of predator looks similiar to the Engineer/Giger designs:

Kradan

EngineersDavid created Predators CONFIRMED

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 01, 2022, 10:56:58 PM
EngineersDavid created Predators CONFIRMED

Haha I was thinking The Predators may have adopted engineer tech like The Covenant adopts Forerunner tech in the Halo franchise.

judge death

Well they said in predators Yautja have 99% human dna, just like we have from the space engineers, so to me its apparent the space engineers created humans, and yautjas and god knows how many other species.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: judge death on Apr 02, 2022, 09:42:29 AM
Well they said in predators Yautja have 99% human dna, just like we have from the space engineers, so to me its apparent the space engineers created humans, and yautjas and god knows how many other species.

They said Fugitive had Human DNA and that they ran the test a dozen times to be sure. It was the first time they noticed that which was why it was weird.

Fugitive and Assassin used some sort of DNA recombinant tech prior to the film and are the only known Predators to do so. Rory even views someone if not Fugitive or Assassin going through the procedure. 

Yeah the tech could have Engineer origins, but this isn't something that they're born with, they had to do it deliberately to themselves. And due to Hinting Grounds establishing they (OWLF) had other bodies to study, that means it's even more recent behavior for them given this didn't come up prior (or since).

judge death

I thought they said all predators in the movie, they never said: "This predator unlike the other predators has human dna, but the others dont."
I can remember it wrong but thats my memory of it.
And then its still not making sense: if that predator had 99% human dna he should be different than the other predators we have seen but he look exactly the same.  ???

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: judge death on Apr 02, 2022, 03:35:52 PM
I thought they said all predators in the movie, they never said: "This predator unlike the other predators has human dna, but the others dont."
And then its still not making sense: if that predator had 99% human dna he should be different than the other predators we have seen but he look exactly the same.  ???

Brackett notices Fugitive has Human DNA. Sean points out they ran the test 10 times and that Fugitive does have some but we never find out what specifically he has. If we would've found out, it's tabled as the Assassin's ship shows up and Fugitive flees. They note it being odd to be here meaning this isn't normal, but later media would state Stargazer's predecessor did have other bodies to study and nobody prior to this found anything like this. Meaning both in and out of the movie, this is a recent thing they started doing.

As far as it altering his appearance, well I'm sure someone here will make a joke about the mandibles but it doesn't mean it would manifest physically. It's entirely possible he's resistant to some disease a Human might be fine with or that in combination to something else it has some sort of benefit. It doesn't mean he'd physically look different. The Assassin does but he's a far more extreme case whose mutations are supposed to physically manifest. Without knowing what Fugitive's change was we can't really say how different he'd otherwise look.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: judge death on Apr 02, 2022, 03:35:52 PM

Interesting, Engineers have human dna and so do Yautja, its like they ate planning another AVP. *Crosses Wristblades*

The Cruentus

Recently noticed that the civilians you can harvest in AVP2010 have W-Y logos on the bottom of their shoes, making up the grip.

Kradan

It's a small thing but I really like how in Covenant "Music composed by" comes up just as David begins to play the piano

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 23, 2022, 11:58:55 AMRecently noticed that the civilians you can harvest in AVP2010 have W-Y logos on the bottom of their shoes, making up the grip.

Did they buy out Reebok and corner the market?

SuperiorIronman

I only just realized I never downloaded the Digital artbook for Predator Hunting Grounds. Got around to doing that and found a few things that are at least new to me.

- The Illfonic Predator is the second explicitly named Jungle Hunter with it being "2020 Jungle Hunter". Come to think of it, are the games where these names otherwise come from? I know merchandise uses it but if I had a nickle for every time a JH was named due to a videogame I'd have two nickels which isn't a lot but still weird it happened twice.

- "saber" is first seen in concept art for the Female Predator.

SiL

Jungle Hunter was a fan name from long before the game.

Speaking of, he was supposed to have a machete-like weapon in the original film.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 10, 2023, 12:54:18 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Nov 23, 2022, 11:58:55 AMRecently noticed that the civilians you can harvest in AVP2010 have W-Y logos on the bottom of their shoes, making up the grip.

Did they buy out Reebok and corner the market?

lol Probably, they got their fingers in a lot of pies, hell that game makes it that the colonial marines are owned by W-Y.

Heaven Piercing Man

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 05, 2022, 01:25:16 AMSo, I always found 57 years gap between events of Alien and Aliens to be weird. Why 57 years ? Why not 50, why not 100 ? It's usually a rounded number in movies, so why 57 years ?

And suddenly I remembered something: Alien takes place in 2122, 2122 plus 57 equals 2179, right ? 2179, huh ? Can it be a slight nod towards original movie's release year - 1979 ?

It's the other way around. We're never told anything about dates in Alien, and maybe the only clue would be Cobb's Semiotic Standard having the year 2078 on it. But Aliens takes place 57 years later and only then we're told it takes place in a year ending in 79 when Ripley says the date of Burke's message to the colony: "Directive dated 6-12-79, signed Burke, Carter J."

From there, if we assume 79 means 2179, you just substract 57 and you get 2122. I guess Cameron chose '79 to give a shout out to the first movie's release year.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed