AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 165,684 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I never felt that way. I always thought he had that same life-likeness to him. Far more so than any of the ADI efforts.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The first two are by far the most life-like. I think the four from Predators (which I did like the designs of) would have stacked up better against them if they had better mouth/mandible articulation.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

It's utterly incredible how undated the effects are for the originals.  There are certain animatronic or practical effects that stand the test of time - but look sculpted.  The predators of the first and second film are just so lifelike. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 07, 2015, 01:46:40 AM
It's utterly incredible how undated the effects are for the originals.  There are certain animatronic or practical effects that stand the test of time - but look sculpted.  The predators of the first and second film are just so lifelike.
Absolutely. You often say that a specific effect looks real and everything -- but the Predators from movie 1 and 2 really do. There is a raw organic quality about them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Pretty much everything Winston did still looks amazing. From The Terminator to Aliens to The Monster Squad to Predator to The Thing.

Except maybe Leviathan. The final monster in that really does look kinda crap...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I am still impressed with the first predator even to this day, it looked so real and scary, I laughed when Anderson was talking about how it looked like a guy in a suit when his were more rubber looking and ridicules, and those human eyes  :P :laugh:

Bender1988

Bender1988

Quote from: The Cruentus on Feb 08, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
I am still impressed with the first predator even to this day, it looked so real and scary, I laughed when Anderson was talking about how it looked like a guy in a suit when his were more rubber looking and ridicules, and those human eyes  :P :laugh:
this idiot who casts his wife in every movie he directs has said that Anytime looked like a man in a rubber suit... i wanted to kick anderson in the balls, but now- i want to rip them and feed them to him.

Anytime/Pussyface are number one on my list, second probably Wolf...i dont have third place, well not from movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bender1988 on Feb 08, 2015, 06:32:33 PMthis idiot who casts his wife in every movie he directs has said that Anytime looked like a man in a rubber suit...

So ironic when the Predators in his film are hands-down the worst seem on film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. Both AvP and AvPR's Predator faces look terrible. No moisture. And that skin is just so terrible looking. What material did they use?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Latex for AvP, silicone for AvPR. Problem is they were not moisturized (key part for the originals).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not to mention they had mouths designed to open wide enough for 1000 cocks in one go. 

walterf

walterf

I can't choose between Jungle and City Hunter. There are parts of other Pred designs I dig, but Winston somehow really captured the essence of the creature and none of the others quite match up overall in quality and design to those originals.

I dig Wolf and Berserker big time too as honorable mentions, but the original two, particularly mask-less, still look better. The AvP Preds always irked me, way too bulky, they lose the essence of the originsl hunter look and obviously mask less, Scsr looked EPICLY awful. The only thing I really like about AvP appearance wise is Scsrs mask but only because it resembles Anytime.

The first two just own. Doubt they'll ever be topped, though Wolf comes close to being in that category too

QuiGonGinNJuice

QuiGonGinNJuice

I always liked the Spartan skin in AVP2010 The mask is cool but not as flashy as some others. in the movies I liked how mobile Wolf was. He seemed more like the Yautja in the good comics. I'm working on a custom for comacon  I started with the cheesy berserker set you can get from amazon and upgraded it since then. I will post a pic of it when I wore it for Halloween. with a details of my ideas behind it.

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

thought I'd just share this....bts from the PREDATORS designs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1leu6UPHstI

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

P2 was the most unique and best for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed