Started by Mr. Clemens, Jan 25, 2014, 02:27:05 PM

Author
The 'box' Alien (Read 28,754 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 27, 2014, 05:53:14 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 27, 2014, 12:06:50 AM
"It looked cool."

Ridley's reason for everything and anything really, he just needs good writers at his back.

I don't know anything more about the reason behind it other than it was something that was happening to show that the egg/spore had been triggered after Kane touches it. Ridley mentions that in the commentaries

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 26, 2014, 11:55:11 PM
I always imagined that being the result of some glitch the Derelict sustained with its artificial gravity generator when it crashed.

I don't recall Kane and the others walking on the ceiling. :)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 28, 2014, 09:13:19 PM
I always imagined that being the result of some glitch the Derelict sustained with its artificial gravity generator when it crashed.

Plenty of gravity on LV-426.

Valaquen

Valaquen

It's not meant to make sense.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jan 28, 2014, 09:25:41 PM

Plenty of gravity on LV-426.

Perhaps the spore had its own artificial gravity generator

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

The water droplets would light enough to drip up as a result of the artificial gravity glitch.  There would be slight pull exerted on Kane but he has enough weight to keep himself grounded, as with others and the Alien eggs. 

Dust and other particles can say floating in the air without us floating too, so I think some weird glitch on the gravity systems of a ship affecting objects of small weight but not objects of larger weight is not something entirely unfeasible. 

I dunno, I'm not writing a thesis or trying to persuade anyone to really BELIEVE it's a problem with the artificial gravity of the ship, like Valaquen said it's not meant to make sense, I just thought I'd share a thought I've always had.  :D 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe it's some sort of environmental regulator the prevents excess moisture from building up on the eggs and literally sucks it up toward the blue stasis field.

Xhan

Xhan

It was tested and blocked, and I'm pretty sure there's actually a shot of Bolaji all squished up on the ground without the head on floating around the usual places. The implication was maybe the Alien was imitating the left catbox or possibly something else in the standard "show, don't tell, the Alien is really alien" way

Why don't we see it finished form? The same reason we don't see the "crucifix" part of Brett's death or the Alien wandering through the ship. Also having the Alien slither out of the bulkhead some minutes later rendered the scene completely redundant, since they were literally the same thing.

The musical sting and then end of the sequence for the scene when the Alien would "uncurl"  is actually still in the movie, you have it when Ripley is heading back to Narcissus and you have the Alien peek around the corner.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The Alien curled up could be its natural relaxed state when not active.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The crucifix would've been a cool link to Prometheus inadvertently.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Walt Simonson (Alien The Illustrated story Facebook page, Saturday 1st February 2014): Just to be clear, I have no idea how the scene was actually done. All I can say is that I thought the scene looked pretty neat, whereas a couple of media savvy folks I saw the rough cut with thought it was kind of cheesy. Or at least, that's how I remember our reactions. I don't remember thinking I was looking at some sort of inflatable. And given how some folks can fold themselves up in remarkable ways, I would lean towards the idea that either somebody was unfolding himself from within the box, or possibly, it was a mix of person and animatronic operation.

SiL

SiL

So I'm guessing it was just someone curled up and unfolding. The only animatronics worked on were the head, hands, and tail (For the adult, anyway).

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: SiL on Feb 01, 2014, 12:36:44 AM
So I'm guessing it was just someone curled up and unfolding. The only animatronics worked on were the head, hands, and tail (For the adult, anyway).

It seems to be a fair guess since we haven't got anything else to go on, We can't get to see the clip for ourselves. Maybe it wasn't as extreme as it was in the comic book or maybe it was and if so, maybe there might have been some sort of other thing involved. He talked mentioned a box. What was the box about? Might we wonder perhaps if the person was partially beneath the floor.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Either way, good on ya for asking the question. 'If only I could see what he's seen, with his eyes...'  :D

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Feb 01, 2014, 01:13:50 AM
Either way, good on ya for asking the question. 'If only I could see what he's seen, with his eyes...'  :D

Okay, thanks!

It is one hell of a problem., and there is the fact that he only saw the scene once and just think about how many times it has taken a good number of people to watch this movie and work out what it is that they've seen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed