The End of Alien and Predator Movies?

Started by chrisr232007, May 29, 2012, 05:14:29 PM

Author
The End of Alien and Predator Movies? (Read 12,136 times)

chrisr232007

Will this be the end of Alien and Predator (I know a lot of people dont like talking Alien and Predator together but they are join at the hip in Fox's point of view)  movies for a long time if Prometheus is not succesful?  I personaly am a little affraid that Prometheus might not be what we as fans want and will not be finacialy sound at the boxoffice.  Which I dont think it will even be number one on its opening weekend in the US since its going up against Madagascar 3.  I love are Aliens and Predators as much as the next fan which I hope Prometheus is succesful both money wise and fan acceptance.  What you all think is this movie the saver or will it kill any chances for more (near) future movies or will it be 10 plus years then we get remakes?

Caiman

Prometheus is going to do perfectly fine in the cinema, the marketing for the film has done a great job of framing this film as 'NOT A PREQUEL' so the majority of people going to see it aren't going to feel 'let down' or be unhappy that it doesn't fit their vision of what the story behind the space jockey is.

Mastes1

Quote from: Caiman on May 29, 2012, 05:16:06 PM
Prometheus is going to do perfectly fine in the cinema, the marketing for the film has done a great job of framing this film as 'NOT A PREQUEL' so the majority of people going to see it aren't going to feel 'let down' or be unhappy that it doesn't fit their vision of what the story behind the space jockey is.
Really, by using the ALIEN trailer music and having the Prometheus title come up in stages like in ALIEN?

chrisr232007

Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 05:20:23 PM
Quote from: Caiman on May 29, 2012, 05:16:06 PM
Prometheus is going to do perfectly fine in the cinema, the marketing for the film has done a great job of framing this film as 'NOT A PREQUEL' so the majority of people going to see it aren't going to feel 'let down' or be unhappy that it doesn't fit their vision of what the story behind the space jockey is.
Really, by using the ALIEN trailer music and having the Prometheus title come up in stages like in ALIEN?

Ya, if anything they want people in away saying "hey that is some what like Alien but not."  Everyone that is not a fan like us that I know looks at this movie as another Alien movie which they either are saying "great another crap Alien (due to AvP) movie or hey look the guy who did the first one is back makeing another Alien movie."

mastermoon

It's not the end of both series, Predators did good so can Prometheus.

Mastes1

We have 2 well loved iconic screen monsters and the AVP movies have all but destroyed that legacy, Predators did average at best (the film was decent though) and Fox are not exactly busting a gut to do another Predator film and the future of the ALIEN franchise will depend on the success of Prometheus which isn't gauranteed either if we keep getting average reviews.

chrisr232007

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 05:23:47 PM
It's not the end of both series, Predators did good so can Prometheus.

Yes it Predators did ok which I wouldnt say it did good and it was low budget movie that barely made its money back.  While Prometheus is a big-budget summer blockbuster movie and I think it will have a hard time making its money back due to the main stream audience not buying into the movie.


Quote from: Mastes1 on May 29, 2012, 05:27:38 PM
We have 2 well loved iconic screen monsters and the AVP movies have all but destroyed that legacy, Predators did average at best (the film was decent though) and Fox are not exactly busting a gut to do another Predator film and the future of the ALIEN franchise will depend on the success of Prometheus which isn't gauranteed either if we keep getting average reviews.

That is what I am thinking word for word.

mastermoon

What did everyone think of Predators upon release well I'm talking about AVPGalaxy members back in 2010.

darkbladeclan6438

i think most people liked it up until the part where noland is introduced, it dragged the tension down to zero

chrisr232007

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 05:29:35 PM
What did everyone think of Predators upon release well I'm talking about AVPGalaxy members back in 2010.

I was excited for the movie which when I first seen it I was happy to be watching a new movie with the Preds in it which I was blind due to my fanboy joyfulness and missed all the bad things about it.  Then on the second viewing I relaized how average it was and what a let down of years of waiting. 

mastermoon

You gotta admit that Predators was so much better then the two AVP movies.

Mastes1

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 05:29:35 PM
What did everyone think of Predators upon release well I'm talking about AVPGalaxy members back in 2010.
What difference does being a member back then make?, does their opinion mean more or something?.
As for me, i thought Predators was a decent film, i liked that they used a lot of the orig score in the film and having the same Predator (same in looks) was great as we finaly get Predators looking like Predators again. I wasn't keen on the super Predators (that smells of AVP shit) but overall i thought the film was solid and could of been much worse.

chrisr232007

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 05:36:27 PM
You gotta admit that Predators was so much better then the two AVP movies.

Well of course I think 99.9% of us on AvP Galaxy would say that but dont shy from the fact it was in most part a failure in every sense.

mastermoon

What are the complete Pros and Cons for Predators?.

Mastes1

Quote from: mastermoon on May 29, 2012, 05:39:59 PM
What are the complete Pros and Cons for Predators?.
Have you not seen the film?  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed
Contact: General Queries | Submit News