NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!!

Started by NGR01, May 26, 2012, 10:10:50 AM

Author
NGR01 SAW PROMETHEUS! SPOILERS!!! (Read 164,689 times)

Vickers Valiant

Quote from: Qwertify on May 27, 2012, 10:33:21 PMYeah that sounds fine .. but you should do a full spoiler summary you know - just answer the big questions and mention any big surprises. I would think that those who would want to not be spoiled would just stay away. You can even make it a seperate thread and see how many views it gets.

Yeah, I agree with this. If anything is particularly spoilery, just add spoiler tags. Those who do not wish to see it, will not see it. The rest of us will be fine.

Virgil

Virgil

This is crazy! We wait three years for this and with mere days/weeks to go you're demanding to know the ENTIRE film? Which will inevitably distil your cinema experience?! 

Each to their own.

Spoiler
[close]

Ooze on First

The first thing I'll do tomorrow (Monday) morning (Mtn time USA) is check this thread.
I'm looking forward to maximum spoilage.  8)

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Ooze on First on May 28, 2012, 01:08:33 AM
The first thing I'll do tomorrow (Monday) morning (Mtn time USA) is check this thread.
I'm looking forward to maximum spoilage.  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 28, 2012, 01:04:37 AM
This is crazy! We wait three years for this and with mere days/weeks to go you're demanding to know the ENTIRE film? Which will inevitably distil your cinema experience?! 

Each to their own.

Spoiler
[close]

Haha, I feel the same way :D But to each their own. I know that there are some people who are really on the fence, and the spoilers may be the extra boost they need. But personally, I'm going to avoid them.

Vickers Valiant

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 28, 2012, 01:04:37 AMWhich will inevitably distil your cinema experience?!

dat assumption

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: Vickers Valiant on May 28, 2012, 01:13:21 AM
Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 28, 2012, 01:04:37 AMWhich will inevitably distil your cinema experience?!

dat assumption

How could it not? If you read up the ending to, for example, The Usual Suspects prior to viewing. Sure, still a great film. You've also completely deprived yourself of that sudden jolt to the system upon the endings reveal. You've distilled your own experience.

Again, each to their own. If you want a blow by blow account of the whole movie that's fine. Just keep that information on this (or the reviews) thread.  ;)

ChrisPachi

No problem with spoilers here. This is a movie that is hopefully going to be a major part of my couch life for a long long time, right next to Alien. I'm in it for the long haul. ;)

Vickers Valiant

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 28, 2012, 01:24:26 AMHow could it not? If you read up the ending to, for example, The Usual Suspects prior to viewing. Sure, still a great film. You've also completely deprived yourself of that sudden jolt to the system upon the endings reveal. You've distilled your own experience.

That's assuming that I'm impressed or intrigued by such things. If the directer is competent, the movie's value will be worth more than one viewing or a one-time thrill.

In regards to spoilers for Prometheus, I couldn't care less. Makes no difference to me if I find out the details tomorrow or two weeks from now, I'll be seeing the movie regardless. I can handle it, trust me.

The folks that can't should definitely seek a spoiler-free review, though.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 28, 2012, 01:25:14 AM
No problem with spoilers here. This is a movie that is hopefully going to be a major part of my couch life for a long long time, right next to Alien. I'm in it for the long haul. ;)

ChrisPachi, I almost want some kind of intervention brought upon you for the next two weeks  ;D

It'll involve drip feeding you pictures Sean Harris's haircut until opening day in Australia  ;)

Or this..
Spoiler

You've just failed your first test  ;) :D
[close]

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Virgil_uk on May 28, 2012, 01:38:22 AM
Or this..
Spoiler

You've just failed your first test  ;) :D
[close]
Dammit!... oooh. ;D

WiseNige

WiseNige

Less than 2 weeks away for us Americans  :laugh:

cossack0909

7 June release date here in Singapore. And the wait is sheer hell!

Qwertify

Qwertify

You can't ruin a good movie. I know that Salman Rushdie gives away many of his surprises and endings in his book long before it happens and it doesn't ruin anything. For him - it is all about something more than just being surprised that one time. It is like - someone tells you Will and Jill are getting married (spoiler) you are surprised and can't believe it. Then you go to the wedding and when you actually see them together you can't believe it, and later in life you still can't believe it happens.

I want to go in knowing as much as possible about the film. That way I feel I will be in a good mind set to think about the films questions without having to rewatch it a few times to get to that point.

And also a few people agree with me I think :) Let the Spoilerage Begin!!!

NGR01

NGR01

Don't really agree with idea to fully spoil the movie before its official release.
I know it's funny coming from a guy who was there all the time making theories or analysing trailers frame by frame ^^
Hope i won't make you guys angry if i don't won't to spoil some stuff.
It will all comes down to the movie quality.
If the spoilery stuff is really good and needs to be seen on screen.
Well i don't know... We'll see how the movie turns out...

4 hours to Screening  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed