How about the teaser POSTER?/Fan-Posters

Started by Bishop2, Aug 15, 2007, 02:04:35 PM

Author
How about the teaser POSTER?/Fan-Posters (Read 68,403 times)

Bishop2

Bishop2

If they're gonna wait around on the teaser trailer, that's fine, but let's talk about what the first teaser POSTER should look like.

What do you want to see?  I loved the "limited edition" poster with the relief of the alien and the predator curled around each other for the last movie, but obviously that was themed to fit with the temple of the first film.  The main poster, with its striking white background, was also pretty nice... but just having an alien and a predator on a poster won't be anything special this time around.  So how to shake it up?

Maybe they could just show two separate posters for each side - one with a resin-encrusted sewer tunnel and one with a cache of Predator weaponry displayed on a wall.

Aeus

I'd like a poster with either just an Alien egg on it. Or a woman screaming in terror. No spoiler shots of the Creatures.

But no doubt the posters will thrash the looks of the creatures to death.

Bishop2

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 15, 2007, 02:06:24 PM
I'd like a poster with either just an Alien egg on it. Or a woman screaming in terror. No spoiler shots of the Creatures.

How about just a shot of an egg in the woods, with the hint of the city seen through the trees?  That would be pretty nice and cover the film's concept well.

Woman screaming in terror = Too generic for this series, I think.  This isn't just some slasher movie.

Aeus

Mmm yeah I spose so. I like you're idea of the egg in the woods.

Oh and btw...

You're avatar: "Walking in Gunnison"  :P

Haha.

dDave

Quote from: Bishop2 on Aug 15, 2007, 02:11:00 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Aug 15, 2007, 02:06:24 PM

How about just a shot of an egg in the woods, with the hint of the city seen through the trees?  That would be pretty nice and cover the film's concept well.

Woman screaming in terror = Too generic for this series, I think.  This isn't just some slasher movie.

yeah...and the egg is focused by a red triangle...

sothur

A lot of eggs on a street and on the side the predator's hand with the wristblade.

Danger Close

There is already a thread for this.

Bishop2

Another thought - an empty city street with signs of devastation.  And in the center of the image, we don't really see a predator... just his cloaked, warped shimmer standing there.

Quote from: Danger Close on Aug 15, 2007, 02:56:17 PM
There is already a thread for this.

I confess I didn't check the entire backlog, but there's nothing on the first five pages of threads at least.

LukaKovach

Wow, some really good ideas about the poster in this thread...

War Wager

I always wanted it to be a misty background, with the Pred and the Predalien facing each other. You can just make them out though... or a poster thats split in half, the top has a pic of the town while the bottom is a pic of the sewer with a cash of Alien eggs in it.

Invisible Darkness

How about a poster of the Predator and Alien armwrestling like Dutch and Dillon in "Predator"... J/K.....

Since we all know what the Predator and Alien look like, I think a simple teaser poster would do just fine. I like the idea of and Alien egg in the woods. I liked the add-on of the red triangle on the egg also. I have an add-on of my own.

Alien egg seen through a cloaked Predator standing over it with his wrist blades extended.

Off subject a bit, but I thought for all the Alien fans you might like this pic, unless you have seen it already. I thought is was a great pic of the Alien.

http://www.cavblog.co.uk/uploaded_images/queen_AlienPress-768569.jpg

superunknown

A poster?  You're asking way too much of Fox. 

Bishop2

Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Aug 15, 2007, 05:32:23 PM

Alien egg seen through a cloaked Predator standing over it with his wrist blades extended.

That's awesome.  Very yes!

QuoteOff subject a bit, but I thought for all the Alien fans you might like this pic, unless you have seen it already. I thought is was a great pic of the Alien.

http://www.cavblog.co.uk/uploaded_images/queen_AlienPress-768569.jpg

One of my favorite pics of the Alien.  It was taken on the set of AVP, and the AVP design looks unbelievably badass there. :)

CelticP

Like this....

Invisible Darkness

I like it, but it reminds me of the poster for Spiderman 2. You can see the image of the villan reflect off Spidermans eye.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed