Novelization...

Started by Spoon, May 01, 2007, 01:07:54 PM

Author
Novelization... (Read 29,938 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I  wish there was a novel. It's horrific for me to think about this idea of departure from the norm. especially in view of the Alien franchise. Well, I think it's a sign of how the whole world is falling to pieces if they can't have a novelisation of the latest Alien movie especially if they can have novelisations for things such as Doom, and Resident Evil and whatever else. However they didn't novelise Silent Hill and that left me bitter but they novelised Transformers and even gave it a prequel novelisation and excellent comic books based on both, and Dark Horse will still be pumping out novels based on the Predator and Alien movies

I think that the AVP movie comic book tie in was a small pile of trash, I didn't understand the point of it.

Robotpo

Robotpo

There's probably not enough story/dialog/character development/logic in the film to pay some poor schmuck to write a novel around.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Yeah from what I gather we're going to be following the predator and predalien through sections of the movie which would probably be tricky from a writers point of view.  It was kind of interesting to read sections of the A:R novelisation from the alien's perspective but I could easily see someone "getting it wrong" especially if the pred/alien exclusive sections are quite long.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: Robotpo on Nov 25, 2007, 06:27:02 PM
There's probably not enough story/dialog/character development/logic in the film to pay some poor schmuck to write a novel around.

Probably. :)

ashion

ashion

Also i think it would have been hard to write one anyway considering the Bro's rewrote a lot of the script early on and have kept tweeking things as they've progressed through production and let the actors have some freedom to do their own things.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Yah.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Must admit I didnt know that.  There should be a novel, there was for the first AvP though I never read it myself.  I wonder why...anyone actually know the reason?  Surely it cant be money, certainly this being "R" rated you'd think it'd have a bit more appeal than last time.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Is there any news of a novel yet?  I'm hoping so (I'll see the movie first, I just want to beable to read the novel as well!)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

It's never coming, unless you'd like to read "The AICN Novelization: Abridged Version."

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: Spoon on May 01, 2007, 01:07:54 PM
Why isnt there a novel of the movie?  The first one had a novel which came out around this time and i have to admit the novel was million times better then movie.

We will see will AvP R get an novel. ;)

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 03, 2007, 07:17:05 PM
It's never coming, unless you'd like to read "The AICN Novelization: Abridged Version."

What the hell is that?

wolfboy

wolfboy

It's out in like 3 weeks, I wouldn't read it even if there was a novel.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. There isn't one.

Hicks

Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2007, 11:40:40 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. There isn't one.

Which is really weird...films like this cash in big time on novelizations...plus with all the tie-in merchandising they're already doing, I'm surprised they didn't go for it.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Can someone tell me what the AICN novelisation is?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed