Started by Spoon, May 01, 2007, 01:07:54 PM

Author
Novelization... (Read 29,927 times)

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Gates on Sep 15, 2007, 12:01:36 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 15, 2007, 12:00:17 AM
Were there reasons for that?

I'm sure I can think of a few...but I am already branded a hater...so I will keep them to myself... ;)

Nah, Ive branded you as a troll, not a hater. :)

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

BONUS:
-- Directors who have called themselves fans(Paul Anderson called himself a fan)

He is a fan.  That actually explains why his work sucked so badly.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The man isn't quite a fan. That would imply that he's a fanatic, and there are plenty of things in his adaptions that show that he applies canon when he feels like it. I would classify him more as the fanfic author who wants to do something to make the characters his own and comes up with a story that definitely sounds like someone with too much free time made...only he then goes to studios and has a whole film made on the story he wrote. :-\

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

QuoteThe man isn't quite a fan. That would imply that he's a fanatic, and there are plenty of things in his adaptions that show that he applies canon when he feels like it. I would classify him more as the fanfic author ...

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

There are levels to insanity that branch out from the same source. Whereas some people have the tendency to defend with sword and shield the canon until their blue in the face, Anderson is one that chooses to twist and shake around the canon to flow with what he feels is a good adaption.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

One of the only two things about him that I find tolerable.

Point still stands, Anderson's AVP is a classic example of why fans should NEVER touch the sagas they idolize.

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Is there gonna be an AvP-R novel? If yes, when will it be available?

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: TheUrbanPredator on Nov 25, 2007, 03:09:19 PM
Is there gonna be an AvP-R novel? If yes, when will it be available?

I would imagine so.

Darkness

Darkness

Search. This thread is made all the time.

There are no plans for a novelization to be released.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Both myself and my counterpart at AXP have inquired about this several months apart. Simple answer is no.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

I wonder why not...? ::) ;D ;) ;)

Daweism

Daweism

I'd read it.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Sheriff Eddie Morales

There should be one. ;)

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: Darkness on Nov 25, 2007, 03:26:52 PM
Search. This thread is made all the time.

There are no plans for a novelization to be released.

Oh man, that's sad. I really wanted to read a novelization of the film before I actually see it so I could imagine how good it would be and different from the film. Anyway thanks for telling me the bad news.  ;)

You too Hicks'.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I'm glad there will be no novel. I read the novel before seeing the first AVP and I think I was even more disappointed because I was expecting certain things, but got differently. Plus everything was spoiled.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed