Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 189,366 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Trying to enter video heavy threads like "What song is stuck in your head?" is impossible on Mobile, as it just keeps crashing repeatedly.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not really any better on PC, frankly.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I have song threads blocked for that exact reason.

oduodu

oduodu

switch off images on your browser and you will be able to to access those threads with many youtube videos. youll still be able to see the name of the videos at least on pc not sure about mobile devices.

Darkness

Darkness

Due to the number of youtube embeds, I would have thought. It's loading for me on Chrome on Desktop and Android without crashing. Only solution would be to limit the number of embeds on a page.

Edit: Limited it to 20 embeds per page. Is that better?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Works fine for me on Desktop. On mobile there is some lag but no crashes.

So after the 20 embed limit is reached, it just shows text links. Seems like a good solution to me.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Search engine is not very accurate. Sometimes it doesn't even find the word I'm looking for.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Not sure if this is the right place to raise this;

Over the weekend I finally clicked to become an AvPGalaxy subscriber. I made the payment via PayPal by clicking the link whilst logged into the forum, however nothing changed. I thought perhaps it may take a little time so I waited (logged in and out but no change) - I emailed the main AvPGalaxy email to ask (in case there is a waiting period whilst a mod has to approve it or something) but I haven't heard anything back - not sure who I need to contact? 😅

Additional info: on my PayPal receipt it has my profile ID listed as a string of letters and numbers rather than my profile name. Unsure if that is relevant? 😅

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'll make sure the boss is aware.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, I got some sort of error from paypal saying the info hadn't transferred back to the forum so it wasn't automatically updated. I've fiddled with some settings in paypal but I won't know if it's fixed until the next time someone subscribes.

I've added your subscription manually.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thank you for your support @Acid_Reign161  :)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2023, 08:33:11 AMI'll make sure the boss is aware.
Quote from: Darkness on Mar 22, 2023, 09:32:49 AMYeah, I got some sort of error from paypal saying the info hadn't transferred back to the forum so it wasn't automatically updated. I've fiddled with some settings in paypal but I won't know if it's fixed until the next time someone subscribes.

I've added your subscription manually.

Big thank you to both for the help, it's appreciated! 😊

[Edit: Just a quick follow up to this one, I can see it is all working now - but how do subscribers access their AvPGalaxy.net email address? (Sorry if silly question, I can't see it anywhere) 😅

Darkness

Darkness

No, we're not doing the forwarders anymore as I felt the email addresses should be reserved for staff carrying out official business. It was only really for fun and I don't think anybody was really using them for anything important.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 25, 2023, 02:18:56 PMNo, we're not doing the forwarders anymore as I felt the email addresses should be reserved for staff carrying out official business. It was only really for fun and I don't think anybody was really using them for anything important.

Ahh, Okies! That would be why I can't find it haha - No problem (and thanks Darkness) 😅 that's a pity, I quite liked the idea of using it, as I've recently been unifying all my usernames to match on other platforms etc - would've loved to tie em altogether with the email) Just a heads up, they are still being advertised as one of the perks of subscribing (it may need amending) 😊👍

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed