NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,836 times)

Jonesy Not Expendable

Tristan did do the box art for Snake. Mine just arrived today. I haven't had a chance to unbox it yet but they knocked this one out of the park.

Darkseed

Darkseed

I don't know how you feel about the box art, but it's such a wasted opportunity. So far every art was able to give a glimpse of who those characters were, and I was really expecting to get the best of all of them with the Elder.
 Michael Montenat did incredible work with Shaman and Boar, it's really weird how this one ended up becoming.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Jan 26, 2023, 08:25:20 AMWith another company's toy?

I am confused.

The artist likely used the Hot Toys as the reference and NECA didn't know/care to look.

-edit

Looked into it some more and it's likely a bunch of images Frankenstein'ed together from this promo shoot and drawn over in photoshop or something because there isn't an exact match, but very close in sections.

https://news.toyark.com/2013/12/13/hot-toys-predator-2-elder-predator-figure-109670

Jonesy Not Expendable

Somebody at neca must have recognised it. The HT elder has a pretty unique look. The artist is also very capable of delivering awesome predator art. It's a strange one. Fortunately, the figure looks great.

Speaking of box art, Snake has my favourite of the collection. It makes me wish we got a Tristan Jones comic following the lost tribe.

Shaman remains my favourite figure, but Snake isn't far behind.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

At this point, if they've lost the license, it's likely just a "hurry up and get it out there" situation.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 27, 2023, 06:10:08 AMAt this point, if they've lost the license, it's likely just a "hurry up and get it out there" situation.

With how quiet and quick the latest Alien and Predator releases have been, this feels very true.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 27, 2023, 06:10:08 AMAt this point, if they've lost the license, it's likely just a "hurry up and get it out there" situation.

Thats exactly why I said it was suspicious that Elder's boxart was just a lame Photoshop of another toy's boxart. They just wanted to finish the line and be done with it.

Makes me wonder if Feral will even be released. There's been no solicitations and it was revealed back in October.

Master

Master

Along with Ultimate Wolf, new Predalien and my goddamn Predator Dogs.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nah, I actively hope they don't waste the plastic.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I'm still very hopeful they'll at least release Feral before they shut it down.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 28, 2023, 03:59:43 PMI'm still very hopeful they'll at least release Feral before they shut it down.

Feral is likely their last release.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm environmentally friendly but that's a good sendoff.

Master

Master

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 28, 2023, 01:25:32 PMNah, I actively hope they don't waste the plastic.

You're breaking my heart. I need the collection to be complete damn it!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master on Jan 28, 2023, 09:43:16 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 28, 2023, 01:25:32 PMNah, I actively hope they don't waste the plastic.

You're breaking my heart. I need the collection to be complete damn it!

3D printer go BRRRRRT

Master

Master

I already printed totem for Predators diorama. I'd love to have articulated River Ghost and Predator Dogs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed