AvPR
132 (16.9%)
Predators (Added 2/12/11)
20 (2.6%)
The Predator (Added 27/07/20)
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 727

Author
Favorite Predator Design (Read 165,337 times)

overthere

overthere

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 10, 2015, 05:39:16 PM
P2 was the most unique and best for me.

How can P2 be the most unique when it was made after P1, and P1 was made out of nowhere, so by definition, P1 is the unique one

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: overthere on Dec 10, 2015, 06:01:17 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Dec 10, 2015, 05:39:16 PM
P2 was the most unique and best for me.

How can P2 be the most unique when it was made after P1, and P1 was made out of nowhere, so by definition, P1 is the unique one
True but the other predator/AVP movies copied their designs predator 2,the colour the look of it felt different.

overthere

overthere

I have a problem with the facial expressions Predator in P2 shows. They seem over the top cartoonish.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: overthere on Dec 11, 2015, 07:39:01 PM
I have a problem with the facial expressions Predator in P2 shows. They seem over the top cartoonish.
Shit happens ;D

overthere

overthere

Are the eyes of the Predator in the original just Kevin Peter Hall's eyes?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: overthere on Dec 11, 2015, 07:50:05 PM
Are the eyes of the Predator in the original just Kevin Peter Hall's eyes?
No he could not see because of the mask.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Dec 10, 2015, 06:01:17 PMHow can P2 be the most unique when it was made after P1, and P1 was made out of nowhere, so by definition, P1 is the unique one

I think I see what he means. A lot of the Predators we've seen, especially in the EU, have simply copied the first film's look, but the City Hunter was quite different and has never really been duplicated.

Quote from: overthere on Dec 11, 2015, 07:50:05 PMAre the eyes of the Predator in the original just Kevin Peter Hall's eyes?

When the mask is off, yes, they're Hall's eyes with special contact lenses applied.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 09:02:31 AM
Quote from: overthere on Dec 10, 2015, 06:01:17 PMHow can P2 be the most unique when it was made after P1, and P1 was made out of nowhere, so by definition, P1 is the unique one

I think I see what he means. A lot of the Predators we've seen, especially in the EU, have simply copied the first film's look, but the City Hunter was quite different and has never really been duplicated.

Quote from: overthere on Dec 11, 2015, 07:50:05 PMAre the eyes of the Predator in the original just Kevin Peter Hall's eyes?

When the mask is off, yes, they're Hall's eyes with special contact lenses applied.

I thing Wolf appears to be more based on p2 with the ridges and extra teeth.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 09:02:31 AM

Predator: Bad Blood featured a Predator based on the City Hunter.

Rodewaryer

Rodewaryer

Jungle Pred fan (P1) here all the way...

g2vd

g2vd

I love the design of the Jungle Hunter, but I like the head of The City Hunter more even if it goes just a tad bit too far on the evil aspect.

Personally, I would vote for both.

2004Zilla

2004Zilla

Celtic's and Gort's biomasks are my favorite in the series.

Jungle Hunter has by far the best looking face, though.

Master

Master

This is the face of Classic from Predators. Very Inferior to JH.

delfloria

delfloria

Glad to hear so many fans still like the original design that we had a hand in creating. The evolution between the Van Damme Insect to the Masai warrior (though Stan referred to our design as Rastafarian) was quite an undertaking. And to think all this might never have happen if Fox had not changed it's mind after putting the designs on hold while they contemplated replacing the Predator with the Alien from "Alien. Fortunately they changed their minds after a week or two and we went back to work. Robert Short

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

First off, welcome to the boards Robert! We always love having people involved in the series join us.

Quote from: delfloria on May 13, 2016, 08:20:53 AM
And to think all this might never have happen if Fox had not changed it's mind after putting the designs on hold while they contemplated replacing the Predator with the Alien from "Alien. Fortunately they changed their minds after a week or two and we went back to work. Robert Short

I don't think I've ever heard this story. Could you elaborate?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed