When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,206 times)

Corporal Hicks

I believe Fassbender is doing the rounds for The Snowman so might be worth keeping an eye on his interviews.

Alionic

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 06, 2017, 03:37:25 PM
https://soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/283-ridley-scott-denis-villeneuve

At 54:30 Scott starts talking about Covenant. He says it did well at box office (sic!) and in two weeks time we gonna find out about his next movie (not All The Money In The World).

I listened to the whole thing. He confirms it's NOT the ALIEN sequel. Earlier in the conversation, he essentially rules out the Battle of Britain as well.

My money is on The Cartel.

Scorpio

Probably.

He did say Covenant 2 will start in 14 months back in May.  That would be about mid next year.

Ingwar

I don't think he will do another Alien movie. Covenant was box office disappointment and now 2049 (Scott Free produced it). I think Ridley's got enough of Sci-Fi for now. He wants to do The Cartel, WWII movie and he always wanted to make western (Wraiths of the Broken Land?) and pirate movie. With Ridley everything changes so quickly. He's got plenty of ideas and is involved in many projects. Who knows but I claim that he won't make it as a director. He may produce it.

Corporal Hicks

I must admit I'm curious to hear how the BO reaction to Blade Runner changes his perspective on future scifi. Didn't he make a comment on having more BR films he wanted to do too?

Ingwar

Luke Scott:

Quote"It helps evolve original scripts of movies," Scott said. "It's sort of cheating. It fills in the gaps where the narrator doesn't have to worry about the genesis of the narrative. You could rely possibly on these short films and other assets that roll a few weeks before the main event to do that part of the storytelling for the director."

"It is a revolution and I think this particular film [Blade Runner 2049] and the next one coming up," Scott said, "I think they are not only a great way of marketing these kinds of movies, it fills in the gaps and gives more background on a character."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/5/16254616/blade-runner-alien-covenant-short-films

I think when Luke said the next one coming up he meant short BR anime Black Out 2022 made by Watanabe.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 09, 2017, 08:54:43 AM
I must admit I'm curious to hear how the BO reaction to Blade Runner changes his perspective on future scifi. Didn't he make a comment on having more BR films he wanted to do too?

Yeah, he wanted to produce several Blade Runner sequels:

Quote"And yet Scott, according to a new interview, clearly does now see franchise potential in his beloved dystopian noir about a bounty hunter charged with bringing down a gang of escaped artificial humanoids named replicants. "Everyone else is, so why not? I love to work," he told Yahoo! cheerfully when asked this week if Blade Runner might follow Alien and Prometheus into multiple-movie territory. "The French say, 'Work to live,' and I live to work. I'm very lucky to have a job that I adore."

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2015/oct/02/ridley-scott-blade-runner-franchise-harrison-ford-ryan-gosling

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
I believe Fassbender is doing the rounds for The Snowman so might be worth keeping an eye on his interviews.

Couple out on Youtube.
Listening to one now: Michael Fassbender interview - Talk "The Snowman" by TORYmax
Says he just finished X-Men and is taking the rest of the year off. Nothing about a Covenant or a possible sequel.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 10, 2017, 05:19:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2017, 08:17:40 PM

Couple out on Youtube.
Listening to one now: Michael Fassbender interview - Talk "The Snowman" by TORYmax
Says he just finished X-Men and is taking the rest of the year off. Nothing about a Covenant or a possible sequel.

He deserves 2 months of vacation.

He could made Covenant 2 in 2018.

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 09, 2017, 08:48:47 AM
I don't think he will do another Alien movie. Covenant was box office disappointment and now 2049 (Scott Free produced it). I think Ridley's got enough of Sci-Fi for now. He wants to do The Cartel, WWII movie and he always wanted to make western (Wraiths of the Broken Land?) and pirate movie. With Ridley everything changes so quickly. He's got plenty of ideas and is involved in many projects. Who knows but I claim that he won't make it as a director. He may produce it.

Who knows?. Ridley Scott works so fast that he could be directing 5 or 6 big movies before he retires.

kwisatz

I would prefer Scott making 1-2 decent films before he retires than 5-6 mediocre ones.

Anthony

Daszkowski

Variety:

Ridley Scott
"His credits include such varied fare as "The Martian," "Hannibal," "Robin Hood" and "Legend." He is exec producing "Blade Runner 2049," the Denis Villeneuve-directed sequel to his seminal "Blade Runner," and in pre-production on a sequel to his 2017 "Alien: Covenant."

http://variety.com/exec/ridley-scott/

SM

Fox haven't definitively said they're not doing it yet, but whatever they planned prior to Covenant is being re-assessed.

TheBATMAN

Though I am not a massive fan of either prequels, I would suggest they let Scott finish his trilogy at least so the whole thing isn't rendered a pointless mess. I think the promise of the Engineer's return and a direct lead in to Alien will be a good draw to put bums on seats. He just has to stop trying to make the film clever and meaningful and actually try and craft up some tension and horror.

Rudiger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Oct 20, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
Though I am not a massive fan of either prequels, I would suggest they let Scott finish his trilogy at least so the whole thing isn't rendered a pointless mess. I think the promise of the Engineer's return and a direct lead in to Alien will be a good draw to put bums on seats. He just has to stop trying to make the film clever and meaningful and actually try and craft up some tension and horror.

Once they get that out of the way, maybe they'll re-boot again with an entirely new set of characters.

Timing wise, it could be set after the events of Alien 3, and have the company send a team back to LV426. Just because Hadley's Hope got blown to smithereens, it doesn't necessarily mean that the original derelict - and its entire cargo of eggs - was destroyed too. I always got the sense that the derelict and Hadley's Hope were quite some distance apart. And we know there were way more eggs than colonists, so there ought to be a few spares knocking about the place. Hard to believe the company doesn't have a record somewhere of Burke's order to Newt's parents.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed