Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 16, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Hearing the positive reactions @SXSW how excited are you NOW!!

Super pumped!!
37 (67.3%)
Okay just a little bit more.
7 (12.7%)
Nah still hasn't moved me.
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!! (Read 35,163 times)

zoidy

@echobbase79

it makes sense the neomorph attacks early on are CGI, they are small or smallish at this point. But we know there are practical effects, and artists performing movements etc for (presumably) larger later attacks as previously reported here.

Anthony

"Why is that you think?"

"Cause I'm good."

Classic Ridley.  :D

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Anthony on Mar 12, 2017, 12:24:26 AM
"Why is that you think?"

"Cause I'm good."

Classic Ridley.  :D

:laugh:

echobbase79

Quote from: zoidy on Mar 12, 2017, 12:22:04 AM
@echobbase79

it makes sense the neomorph attacks early on are CGI, they are small or smallish at this point. But we know there are practical effects, and artists performing movements etc for (presumably) larger later attacks as previously reported here.

The report I must have been misleading. Or maybe he was just talking about the scenes that they were shown?

zoidy

Yeah, the report was just about the footage they were shown. That was just the initial neomorphs.

salomonj

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 12, 2017, 12:13:57 AM
Quote from: salomonj on Mar 12, 2017, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 11, 2017, 11:59:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPZV9QwQB0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4og9Q2JEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTUZS2ZPRpY
Is he talking about two sequels to Alien?

To Covenant... He already said that Covenant 2 is being written and will go into production as early as this year or beginning of next year.
I was under the impression he already said we would be getting two more sequels to Covenant.

God, that would be awesome if it went into production this year. Doesn't look like we're gonna have to wait half a decade for the next installment.

D. Compton Ambrose

So, basically, the idea is that - the resulting being from the fusion of an artificial and biological mind, has combined to incorporate all of the perfect mathematically-aligned elements to form the ideologically-pure and structurally-flawless genetic makeup of the Xenomorph? Does David find some sort of 'universal algorithm' hidden within the framework of spacetime that unlocks the 'blueprint' for this so-called 'Xenomorph'?

prometheusfire08

david most certainly not create the eggs .....

I know this for a fact because there is a beautifull painting of one on the ceiling of the urn room .

Rafael S.

I would really find it interesting if this universe established that the black goo, and thus the xenomorph, is a representation of evil in itself throughout the universe. The engineers found about it, possessed and worshiped it, but everything just went plain wrong with them.  The xenomorph is ancient, as old as the universe itself. David, as many of you in this forum has suggested, is just trying to recreate something that is older than many of us can comprehend. 

Stolen

Early footage from Alien: Covenant was screened to a completely freaked out SXSW audience

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/early-footage-alien-covenant-screened-completely-freaked-sxsw-audience-581133

We're still a couple of months out from Alien: Covenant arriving in Irish cinemas, but a lucky few got a sneak peak of early footage of the movie this weekend in the SXSW festival.

While it can be easy to impress fan-boys with well-cut-together footage that might not represent the finished product, the reaction from what folks have seen so far has been nothing short of staggering.

Oh, and terrifying. Absolutely terrifying.

Meanwhile, the peeps at The Verge wrote a long (and slightly spoiler-y, so beware) review-of-the-preview, but the choice line has got to be: "If the footage screened was any indication, the tone of Alien: Covenant is full-on, breakneck horror, taking what the original film did and amping it up by a factor of 10."

While we try to calm ourselves down at the thoughts of how great/scary this movie is going to be and how we're not sure we can wait til 12 May for it come out, here's a very unnerving look at how Michael Fassbender's new character is made, with Walter coming with a very different accent to the android David from Prometheus, and what looks like an even glassier, more sinister blank stare.

Marcus9000

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Denton Smalls on Mar 11, 2017, 06:27:37 PM
The problem that should have been obvious to Ridley Scott is that if the Aliens are meant to "clean up" planets of all the indigenous life...how are the Engineers supposed to start over considering they would be in worse shape than before with all the Aliens running around?

Didn't RS always like the idea of the Alien having a short life span?

So I guess if that were the case, then it would just die out after it had done its thing and the eggs would go into hibernation without anymore hosts to infect.

The Engineers move in and remove the eggs and start over again.

I was thinking about this today... Does the alien eat and therefore leave waste? And what about its lifespan?

Maybe the alien does have a relatively short lifespan?

Who knows?

But I'm sure after the alien has cleaned a planet if the Engineers leave it for a while it will be ready to seed again? Who knows, maybe a thousand years is nothing to the Engineers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marcus9000

Quote from: Rafael S. on Mar 12, 2017, 05:04:13 AM
I would really find it interesting if this universe established that the black goo, and thus the xenomorph, is a representation of evil in itself throughout the universe. The engineers found about it, possessed and worshiped it, but everything just went plain wrong with them.  The xenomorph is ancient, as old as the universe itself. David, as many of you in this forum has suggested, is just trying to recreate something that is older than many of us can comprehend.

Surely the Xenomorph itself isn't evil though? It's just the "perfect organism" a perfect killing machine, an apex predator, top of the galactic food chain so to speak?

It always reminded me of what everyone learned from Jaws about the Great white shark at the time... How the shark was the ultimate predator and how it never sleeps and keeps,on moving and eating! It had hardly changed over millions of years (alligators and crocodiles are much the same) and I think the alien is in a similar vein.

The Xenomorph isn't evil its just an animal.... Which happens to kill everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fiveways

Spoiler
While David didn't create the Eggs, the bio-mechanical part is going to come from him f**king with them.  I'm not sure how I feel about this probably being the direction they're going in.
[close]

I always liked the short lifespan Alien.  I thought at some point it was said that the Alien crawled into the lifeboat at the end of the first movie to die as it i was nearing the end of the lifespan (which is why it also grows so quickly, super fast metabolism and short lifespan)

Corporal Hicks

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 08:35:01 AM
I'm intrigued by this quote -

QuoteScott does not believe an AI could be authentically creative. "Can you have a computer write a book or a screenplay or a poem?," he said. "Yeah, but it's always going to be very derivative and only based on what has been done in trillions of different ways before, so it's going to be a cross-collateralization. It can only be that."

Perhaps that theory that David is merely recreating the Alien has some credence.

Which would mean, that somewhere in this mythology, is an even more deadly, scarier, meaner Alien, we have yet to see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed