Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 16, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Hearing the positive reactions @SXSW how excited are you NOW!!

Super pumped!!
37 (67.3%)
Okay just a little bit more.
7 (12.7%)
Nah still hasn't moved me.
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!! (Read 35,657 times)

Alienon

"roughly two hours and two minutes."

This can't be true!.. Very small. Very.

Infected

Quote from: cliffhanger on Mar 11, 2017, 12:02:50 PM

that would look like a neomorph facehugger to me!
also, PLEASE tell me those 12 minutes of footage is available somehow!

and....that Fassbender quote about half-german was awesome
I thought neomorphs are injected through spores

Bojo

Still not won over.

szkoki

Btw whats the purpose of Prometheus if we have Covenant now? Its like a reworked Alienized Prometheus.

426Buddy

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 11, 2017, 01:16:39 PM
Btw whats the purpose of Prometheus if we have Covenant now? Its like a reworked Alienized Prometheus.

Interesting because it looks a lot like a prometheus sequel to me, with aliens and a more horror tone.

Story looks to focus heavily on david 8 and what he's been up to since prometheus. Like a lot of Scotts films he goes back and reworks some old ideas he didnt use and puts them into his new film.

It does seem to incorporate a lot of the unused bits from the alien engineers script. I would say its a sequel  and a mix of what prometheus was originally intended to be.

Evanus

So,
Spoiler
One of the Neomorphs bursts trough someones mouth because the person fell on his back.
[close]

That makes more sense now.

Trucker

My theory is neomorphs from spores n xenos from eggs. His experiments evolving say

rabidranger

:(
Quote from: Trucker on Mar 11, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
My theory is neomorphs from spores n xenos from eggs. His experiments evolving say

Seems like it. Looks like David is trying to perfect the delivery system. Maybe the queen is just another tangent of the reproductive process.

Xenomorphine

Quote"No. That was probably way back when. 'Should she be the daughter of Ripley?' I said 'no.' She's herself."

Wonder if this quote could mean the project was originally going to be set after 'Alien'.

QuoteScott does not believe an AI could be authentically creative. "Can you have a computer write a book or a screenplay or a poem?," he said. "Yeah, but it's always going to be very derivative and only based on what has been done in trillions of different ways before, so it's going to be a cross-collateralization. It can only be that."

In other words, he unwittingly sees AI as comparable to Hollywood...

Pvt. Himmel

So there will be three more films after Covvie... And it will be called Covenant 2!!  8)

Le Celticant

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 11, 2017, 03:41:33 PM
Quote"No. That was probably way back when. 'Should she be the daughter of Ripley?' I said 'no.' She's herself."

Wonder if this quote could mean the project was originally going to be set after 'Alien'.

Looks very much like that way.
He probably deeply thought of it while thinking him and Cameron could work on Alien V.
For some reasons it never happened but I'm sure he had a lot of ideas concerning it.
It's probably what ended up in Prometheus.

Xenomorphine

I don't think it's literally going to be titled 'Covenant 2', Himmel, any more than this film was titled 'Prometheus 2'.

rabidranger

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
After being initially downbeat with the first trailer at Christmas, I must say my faith for Covenant has now been restored.

Really enjoying what I'm seeing and reading now. This has real potential to be the film I wanted Prometheus to be.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 08:35:01 AM
I'm intrigued by this quote -

QuoteScott does not believe an AI could be authentically creative. "Can you have a computer write a book or a screenplay or a poem?," he said. "Yeah, but it's always going to be very derivative and only based on what has been done in trillions of different ways before, so it's going to be a cross-collateralization. It can only be that."

Perhaps that theory that David is merely recreating the Alien has some credence.

Couldn't agree more.

I think this quote and the evidence from Prometheus adds a lot to the theory that the LV-223 Engineers were trying to resurrect the alien in the mural. Either the black goo is a mixture of a mutagen and that creatures DNA. Or the goo is the first life cycle phase of the creature and is made up of millions of microscopic parasites, which attack and then mutate their host on contact.

Humanities part in all this. We were always meant to be hosts for the creature. That was the sole purpose of a our creation.

David's now following in the footsteps of the Engineers and trying to complete their failed experiment.

If the rumour is true:

Spoiler
And David bombs the citadel using the second juggernaut him and Shaw commandeered at the end of Prometheus.
[close]

Then as others have already speculated. I expect that not all of the Engineers are infected during the initial strike and retaliate. Shooting down the Juggernaut, before trying to stop the outbreak spreading, by burning the infected.

The Juggernaut crashes into a waterfall, releasing the remaining black goo into the water supply and the spores and Neo-morph's wipe out the remaining Engineers. David's then left free to continue on with his Frankenstein experiments at the citadel, with only Shaw standing in his way.

Needing more hosts for his creations, David lures the Covenant, by using a communication beacon Shaw recovered from Vickers life boat, before leaving LV-223.

Because the company thinks the SOS is from the Prometheus, its rated as high priority. And the Covenant is then redirected, Nostromo style, to investigate.

Interesting thought on humans being created merely as hosts for the alien. How would that relate to the idea raised in Prometheus that the Engineers were preparing to destroy humanity? Also seems like there's a possible religious component.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 11, 2017, 03:51:28 PM
I don't think it's literally going to be titled 'Covenant 2', Himmel, any more than this film was titled 'Prometheus 2'.

Yeah I know, was just going off of one of the articles.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
Needing more hosts for his creations, David lures the Covenant, by using a communication beacon Shaw recovered from Vickers life boat, before leaving LV-223.

Because the company thinks the SOS is from the Prometheus, its rated as high priority. And the Covenant is then redirected, Nostromo style, to investigate.

Spoiler
Apparently it's a garbled holo-recording originating from the crashed derelict that the Covenant receives. When McBride finally manages to decipher it, it turns out to be a hologram of a sick-looking Shaw singing a creepy/eerie song.
[close]

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 11, 2017, 03:41:33 PM

More likely he just confused daughter with mother. Covenant/Prometheus 2 was always going to take place before Alien as far as I can remember.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed