Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series

Started by Dark Blade Hunter, Apr 16, 2013, 02:11:21 PM

Author
Biohazard(Resident Evil)game series (Read 64,186 times)

Immortan Jonesy

PredBabe

PredBabe

Played the Chainsaw Demo last night. Don't know how I didn't realize sooner that they had even released a demo, but it was pretty friggin great. Very atmospheric with some tense moments.

Spoiler
I was wondering if the dog stuck in the bear trap would make an appearance... and I got my answer.  :'(
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

My pre-order of the steelbook arrives later today

Kimarhi

It is a pretty extensive remake, and fairly loyal to the OG game so far.  I think it is the best out of the RE remakes so far, minus the OG remake of the first game, just because I haven't played that one all the way through.  It is certainly better than RE3 remake, and I'd argue that even though RE2 is the best out of the new remakes being "scary" or atmospheric, the sheer amount of content they left out of the scenario b campaign was always a major turnoff for me so this remake feels much meatier than either of the other two, and maybe both of them combined.  It also strikes a better balance of seriousness and cheese than the OG RE4, which used to make me dislike it (in the same way I disliked ARes).  Just felt to far removed from the rest of the series. 

I'm on chapter 12, and I believe there is 16, so hopefully the playthrough continues on a positive note. 

Rule34 is going to have a field day with the new Ashley Graham just like they did with the new Jill Valentine. 

Stitch

Stitch

I just got through the cabin siege. That was intense.

bobby brown

Finished the game. Had a blast. A true celebration of RE4! I can't wait for mercenaries mode.
Capcom is on such a roll nowadays!

Stitch

Stitch

The Big Cheese caused me 18 deaths.

bobby brown

The updated Regeneradors, are you fkn kidding me?!

Kimarhi

They didn't bother me.  So far the things that have caused me the most game over was Ramon (because I didn't realize you could just shoot him until I finally beat him, I just shot him twice in his main body unexposed part and he died finally, I thought you had to wait for his mouth to open and shoot him enough to fall to the ground and knife him) and anytime you have to separate from Ashley and she's alone to get kidnapped or attacked on your return.  I think Mendez got me about five times.  I could never hit the explosive barrels the first couple of times I faced him. 

There was a couple of gauntlet parts where there is just crazy numbers of dudes that got me a couple of times as well.  But so far Ramon is the number one dude.   

I've still got Krauser rematch and Saddler to go.  I first tried everybody else but Ramon and Mendez so far.  Even Verdugo, even though I literally had NOTHING left after that fight.  I had two grenades left and threw them behind him and the the second one finally killed him.  I had zero ammunition, and very little health, so that one was just luck. 

PAS Spinelli

I immediately skipped Ramon with the RPG because I think that's the most fitting for that little shit

This game is a straight up upgrade over the original and overall the best RE game so far

Stitch

Stitch

Water Hall sucks. It sucks.

Fun. But sucky fun.

Kimarhi

I still think RE2 is the best RE game, and RE3 was the funnest to play because it balanced out action and horror.  Nemesis was better in that game than MR. X and Nemesis were in the remakes because he wasn't around all the time like Remake Mr X, and he didn't morph as quickly as he did in the REmake of the third game so you had the base him longer, which was more interesting.

RE2 OG gets it for sheer content.  It basically had a JRPG level of content because each campaign was different and there were four of them.  If you chose Claire A, the doc is after you and sherry, and in the second scenario MR X is after Leon.  If you play it with Leon first then Birkin is after Leon and MR X is after Claire.  It also came with TOFU and the 4th Survivor already.  The overall campaigns have different scenes for different characters and different deaths by different things so even though the overall story is somewhat the same it didn't feel like the cheap scenario b in the RE2 remake. 

Of the modern remakes RE4 IS the best though. 

Of the modern games, RE7 is the best imo, just because outside of the boss fights, it felt much more like the OG games. 

The creators of RE have somewhat fallen into the cultist, abandoned structures, deprived people motif the last few games.  All outside of RE6 have kind of felt the same in the way they were presented.  That is why I hope Code Veronica is next if they decide to do it, over RE5.  Otherwise between the remakes and the actual games you have 5 out of the last 8 games that have kind of the same "feel" to them.  RE4, RE5, RE7, RE8, and RE4 Remake.  Only RE6, RE2 and RE3 remakes feel different, and RE6 had parts of its campaign in the same realm as the above. 

PAS Spinelli

I disagree, I don't think REmakes and RE7 and 8 feel the same at all, all of them feel different to play and have their own unique twists and mechanics, with REmake3 being the weakest, and I very much think REmake2 beats every other RE game aside from REmake4

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

RE7 and RE8 don't play the same for certain.  And I appreciate RE7's attempt to return to something resembling horror.  As I said, it is my favorite out of ALL of the new games.  But they (re4, re5, aspects of re6, re7, re8, and REmake of 4) very much ALL have that abandoned society, cult like behavior baddies, that are isolated from normal society.  The gameplay mechanics might be slightly different in some regards, but the setup and feel of the environments is the same.   

RE2 OG to me will always be the APEX of the series.  It would take something with an equal amount of content to overtake it, and you just won't get that in todays 3rd person games.  Even RE4 remake with its substantial campaign don't compare to the entire campaign scenarios of OG RE2.  Its been awhile since I played it all the way through, but the last time I completed all four scenarios it was something like 40 hours, and that was knowing where to go and what to do.  I completed all the side missions in RE4 remake and I think it took me about 18 on the first playthrough and that is going at a somewhat leisurely pace and taking in the game and its environments. 

Also take into consideration that I have been with the franchise since its creation.  RE2 was the first game I bought as it was released in the series, but after beating it I went back and got the OG RE within a couple of days.  So I remember what it was like to play these games fresh, before the market became saturated with knockoffs. 

My list:

RE2
RE7 So high because it felt like survival horror and I actually got tense playing in certain spots.
RE3 There are several that are probably rated higher, but this was the funnest of the og games to play including the next gen CV.  It was one of those games that came out at the end of a consoles life and should've probably been developed as a next gen title, because the action was so much better than previous titles and Nemesis was ahead of its time. 
RE CV
RE4 Remake: The best, fully realized remake so far (that I have played). 
RE1
RE2 Remake.  The one full scenario is SUPERIOR to any in the og RE2, but the utter lack of a full scenario for both characters kills it imo.  It would've been better without the half assed attempt at a scenario b.  That is the only reason it isn't higher, is they just phoned that second scenario in and the original had four full campaigns.  So that was a huge disappointment for what could have been the BEST RE. 
RE5
RE8
RE4
Forgot RE6.  It is an inferior game, but I played it on deployment when there was literally NOTHING else to do.  We were a security detail in the middle of the ethiopian desert, and our off time was very boring because we had no internet.  My mom mailed me this game and we played it for several weeks to pass the time.  I feel that it was definitely a more enjoyable time with best bros than it would've been without. 

RE3 Remake Only saving grace is hot Jill.

All the rail shooters and other spinoffs, some of which I haven't played.

I have the REmake of 1, which by many people is considered the apex, but the console to play it is inop so I can never finish it and I don't really buy games twice.  So it is just sitting in stasis. 

The OG re4 is a good game, I just hate it as a RE.  It was originally going to be developed as something else, then a supernatural RE4, and then finished with what we got.  So I think it gameplay being so different makes sense in that regard, I just have never liked it as an RE.  It kinda stands out like ARes does in the Alien franchise to me.  Too tonally different from the rest. 

As an RE 6.5/10 (I actually like Separate Ways better than the main campaign) as a standalone and not judging it against the rest of the franchise.........8/10. 

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

RE4 gameplay wise was the best of the pre RE6 games, but the story in it just kinda... happens, it doesn't really make much sense, many things in that game just happen out of nowhere, all of the issues have been fixed by REmake4 tho
My personal ranking is
REmake4
REmake2
RE7
RE5
OG RE4(only going by gameplay)
REmaster1/RE1
RE2
RE8(Chris being an assholes makes the story so unsatisfying to play because it makes it all feel so stupid)
REmake3
RE6(If I ignore the Leon and Ada campaigns I could probs rank it higher)

I haven't played any of the other REs with the exception of REverse which I won't count, as for REmake3, I'd say the only good thing aside from updated Jill (and her dressing properly) is updated Carlos, he is easily the best part of the game, also having the best sections too

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed