The "Slim" Chances of Blomkamp's Alien 5 - AvPGalaxy Podcast #46

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 13, 2017, 08:50:14 AM

Author
The "Slim" Chances of Blomkamp's Alien 5 - AvPGalaxy Podcast #46 (Read 22,984 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 46th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download). Our latest episode of the podcast sees us discussing the latest news about Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5, that we may not even be getting the film at all.

The 46th episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast is regarding the “slim” chances of Alien 5.

In January Neill Blomkamp commented that the chances of seeing his Alien 5 come to fruition were “slim“. This news was something that disappointed a lot of people and pleased just as many others. Our latest podcast includes a discussion of this news and the over all concept of the film by podcast regulars Corporal Hicks, RidgeTop and Xenomorphine.

If you are one of the fans who is really disappointed about the possibly of not seeing Neill Blomkamp’s project make it to the big screen, there is currently a petition in progress to show 20th Century Fox that there are fans who are still interested in seeing it made. You can add your voice to it over on iPetitions.

Our latest episode is available to download in our Podcasts section (simply right-click and save as) or for your Apple owners, our podcast is also available on iTunes.

Stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for all the latest news and information on Alien 5! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter and Instagram to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien fans on our forums!

whiterabbit

Shit, this is quite the dilemma. I want an alien 5 but I don't want NB's 3.2... so I'm not sure I want to sign that petition to be honest.

SiL

Is there a petition to drop it from "slim" to "none"?

whiterabbit

How about a petition for a sequel to Alien Resurrection. I sure as hell could get behind that one! Honestly.

Master

I agree with both of you. Drop A3.2. and continue with post A:R Alien 5.

Pvt. Himmel

A good podcast, but not great as others have been i'm afraid. Having said that i am a little disappointed at no more Ripley finally getting a proper end to her story... :(

Ingwar

Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie? YES but not 3.2.

newagescamartist

If they continue after A:R, Weaver can still star. If they go ahead with A5, I don't care what they do so long as it's good.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: newagescamartist on Feb 13, 2017, 03:07:14 PM
If they continue after A:R, Weaver can still star. If they go ahead with A5, I don't care what they do so long as it's good.

The problem is, Weaver is on record stating she doesn't want to play the clone in a future film. It's the original Ripley or nothing for her.

That's why a direct 'Resurrection' sequel with Ripley is not possible.

a bit twitchy

Okay, even if they don't do it, which looks likely, it would be jolly nice of 20CF to release the final reiteration of the script before it got shelved. I think a lot of us would be happy with that as I guess it would have been considered cannon if it had got made and would make an interesting read.

SciFiWasabi

Great podcast.  My main issues are Blomkamp's really repetitive writing and that even with this divergent timeline deal why is the story taking place when they are so old?  It seems like if this was a viable option, the story to be told wouldn't take place so long after Aliens.  I would totally dig a book based on the non made film.  Sort of like the doc. they did for J.'s Dune.

N-Shifter

Okay I'll just go ahead and straight up say I'm disappointed, I WANT his Alien 3.2 movie and I hope it still happens before Sigourney and Michael are in old folks homes, they aren't getting any younger.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 13, 2017, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Feb 13, 2017, 03:07:14 PM

The problem is, Weaver is on record stating she doesn't want to play the clone in a future film. It's the original Ripley or nothing for her.

That's why a direct 'Resurrection' sequel with Ripley is not possible.
Well if that's the way she feels. Alien 5 is dead.

I honestly don't give a shit. I'm a fan and just want well made movies about the alien and it's universe. Why? Because it's interesting. However Alien: Covenant is essentially alien 5 and from the sounds of it, whether it succeeds or not is up to whether people want to see the Alien in all it's glory of not. Cause that's what this movie sounds like, an Alien film.

windebieste

Quote from: a bit twitchy on Feb 13, 2017, 05:44:04 PM
Okay, even if they don't do it, which looks likely, it would be jolly nice of 20CF to release the final reiteration of the script before it got shelved. I think a lot of us would be happy with that as I guess it would have been considered cannon if it had got made and would make an interesting read.

It's likely Fox liked the script.  Good things were said about it by everyone who may have been involved.  A script that good doesn't just get handed out as consolation.  It ends up being integrated into a new work.  If the main thrust of the plot can be reworked to accommodate alternate characters, then this may yet happen.  Blomkamp's 'ALIEN' movie may yet still be made.  It just may not feature the Ripley, Hicks and Newt trio.

I'm still thinking Blomkamp is a good choice for a director and absolutely nothing is known about the followup to 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  It wouldn't surprise me if Scott hands over the reigns to direct the next movie to Blomkamp and we see significant content from his current script find its way into the next movie. 

If Blomkamp's script is as 'gangbusters' as people claim it to be, then I believe that's a reasonable outcome. 

-Windebieste.

Axor

Personally, I think it's because of the upcoming Prometheus films. They want to make additional two after covenant xd. A bit of a shame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed