5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,439 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: frenchpred on Apr 28, 2008, 12:47:28 AM
it has Cameron-esque aliens warriors
...in the same way Resurrection has Giger-seque warriors because they have a dome. :-\

Quoteand a great Predator
Whose entire survival hinged on his opponents' incompetency.

Craig

Craig

Resurrection based on characters. Perlman and that guy with the croaky voice = badasses

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Alien: Resurrection, by far. Like gameoverman said, this movie stopped being worthwhile once the ship crashed in Colorado. Whereas Alien: Resurrection is an average film marred by a bad third act, AVP: Requiem is a disappointing film made worse by the decisions put to print.

Aran

Aran

Told ya guys. Perlman is the way to go...

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Alien Resurrection

SkacMasta

SkacMasta

Resurrection has everything better. Ron Perlman all by himself beats the living crap out of those pizza children and avpr is a bory ass movie because I couldn´t see a damn thing.

War Wager

War Wager

A:R is everything AvPR isn't basically.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

This is no contest, A:R.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: KidPresentable on Apr 27, 2008, 05:29:58 PM
Quote from: Aran on Apr 27, 2008, 03:46:11 PM
Resurrection... Nothing beats havin Ron Perlman around... ;)

f**k yea.

Agreed  :D I thought the Aliens in Resurrection looked a little better than AvPr too

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Quote from: avpjunkie on Apr 28, 2008, 01:05:27 AM
also, fans of Firefly/Serenity should see similarities between the crew of the Betty and the crew of Serenity(both born of Joss Whedon)...

The crew of Serenity are funny, the crew of the Betty are mainly just annoying (except Perlman), and every time I liked one of them they effin' died and we ended up with the annoying disabled guy.

That's not saying the characters in AvP-R were any good, just that the ones in A:R aren't as good as the ones in Serenity (you gotta love Jayne's lines).

Biz

Biz

I have to say that this poll has surprised me. Alien Res is the worst of the franchise and this board currently holds not credibility in my mind.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

A:R is certainly the worst movie in the franchise however as a stand-alone movie it still has cinematic merit.  AVP-R cannot make such a claim.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Well, I will say this....AR did have better visual quality. Atleast I can see the dam movie.

AVP-R on the other hand is the darkest movie I have ever seen in the history of film. You'll see better visual quality out of a 8mm camera. Pathetic, who ever decided to make AVP-R darker when they had the chance to keep the awesome quality in the IGN clips is dumber than a crack head. Who ever was the first person to say they should make this movie darker than it already was should be tortured to death. I would be seriously pissed if I was the guy who was incharge of all the CGI effects in AVP-R just to find out in the end some f**king asshole was going to make the movie so dark you can't see anything.

Atleast AVP and AR had better visual quality and you can see the mother f**king movie and maybe ummm......enjoy it >:(

-- I would give the visual quality of AVP a 10/10. It was pure eye candy.

-- I'm gonna give AR visual quality a 8/10 and AVP-R 4/10.

Now! On the other hand, if the mother f**kers who edited AVP-R kept the coloring we saw in the IGN clips I would have gave the AVP-R visual quality 9/10. It really is a dam shame, AVP-R is a solid Alien Vs Predator film that has been choked underneath all the darkness.

Biz

Biz

Quote from: PHANTOM on Apr 29, 2008, 09:03:22 PM

Atleast AVP and AR had better visual quality and you can see the mother f**king movie and maybe ummm......enjoy it >:(

Seeing Alien Res is the primary problem. If I were blind and deaf I wouldn't mind it. The acting is far worse in A:R and the Newborn is the worst creature in the history of film.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Only problem I have with A:R visually is there is so much f**king brown.   Brown corridors, brown Aliens, brown hive resin, brown clothes... brown, brown, brown and more brown.  I have no idea why so much brown was used.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed