Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 142,738 times)

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

HAHAHAHAHA! :D
The question is just so...obvious...Requiem is the one!
They are both wrong but I just can't stand Ressurection and the Newborn.

Horhey

Horhey

I wish Resurrection was never made and Joss Whedon would find another career cause he also f**ked up Wolverine during his Astonishing X-Men run.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 01, 2008, 01:13:10 PM
QuoteI know it takes place in the past but Apocalypto and even The Flintstones speak better then 10,000 BC.

When i saw apocalypto they didnt talk any english, and Flinstones isnt the most accurate source..

The Finstones part was just sarcasm. Apocalypto didn't speak english but at least they talk right and you can hear them porerly unlike 10,000 BC.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Horhey on May 01, 2008, 11:24:33 PM
Joss Whedon [...] also f**ked up Wolverine during his Astonishing X-Men run.

What, because the stories weren't all about Wolverine for a change?  Yeah, that was a real shame.   ::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Gimme AvP:R over A:R any day of the week. I didn't understand A:R...what was the point of it??!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 02, 2008, 01:14:45 AM
Gimme AvP:R over A:R any day of the week. I didn't understand A:R...what was the point of it??!

I agee with you. I hated the aliens in the movie, they where so ulgy looking and too brown. I hate how they roar in the movie.

Sol

Sol

Where the hell's the option for "I like them both"?

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

I say AVP: R simply because I fall asleep whenever watching Resurrection. Not a bad movie in it's own respect though, just the dialogue was a little dragged on. Alien and Aliens suffered from the same problem (10-20 minute conversations=snorefest).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on May 02, 2008, 01:18:19 AM

I agee with you. I hated the aliens in the movie, they where so ulgy looking and too brown. I hate how they roar in the movie.

My complaint isn't with the Aliens, my complaint lies with the whole film...it was campy, stupid, and completely destroyed Ripley's character.

RumorControl

RumorControl

Why are so many people saying that AR is a better film but then go on to vote for AvPR?

Come on, AvPR is on the same level as movies like Critters 4 and Troll 2.  AR is a masterpiece of cinema compared to it.

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 02, 2008, 01:33:58 AM

My complaint isn't with the Aliens, my complaint lies with the whole film...it was campy, stupid, and completely destroyed Ripley's character.

Getting off topic here...how exactly did it destroy her character?

The cloning gimmick was obviously a way to preserve Sigourney Weaver's character. That and the lackluster ending of Alien 3 with the queen "dying" with Ripley was so badly executed it screamed sequel.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: darthSnipe on May 02, 2008, 01:36:19 AM

The cloning gimmick was obviously a way to preserve Sigourney Weaver's character. That and the lackluster ending of Alien 3 with the queen "dying" with Ripley was so badly executed it screamed sequel.

It wasn't b/c of the cloning. It was b/c the film transformed her from a badass soldier woman into a cliched sci-fi sexual female. Rememeber the scene where she, for all intents and purposes, starts rubbing herself against the floor and says "I can hear them..." then falls through the floor? I wanted to scream...

darthSnipe

darthSnipe

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 02, 2008, 01:38:54 AM
Quote from: darthSnipe on May 02, 2008, 01:36:19 AM

It wasn't b/c of the cloning. It was b/c the film transformed her from a badass soldier woman into a cliched sci-fi sexual female. Rememeber the scene where she, for all intents and purposes, starts rubbing herself against the floor and says "I can hear them..." then falls through the floor? I wanted to scream...

Agreed. This was probably due to the genetic crossing of the Alien Queen and Ripley though.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: RumorControl on May 02, 2008, 01:36:09 AM
Come on, AvPR is on the same level as movies like Critters 4 and Troll 2. 

Are you serious? Those movies where crap and bad on every level. AVPR was ok but not bad as in worst movie ever level of Troll 2 or Batman & Robin.

I'm having a feeling that you have not seen Battlefield Earth or any movie from Uwe Boll (Like House of Dead and In the name of the King). AVPR is The Shawshank Redemption compre to those movies.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 02, 2008, 01:38:54 AM

Ripley was never a badass soldier woman...which is a cliche itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed