Season 1 DLC

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 08, 2021, 10:54:28 AM

Author
Season 1 DLC (Read 5,343 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Am I the only one who noticed they force leveled-up all the weapons you have in your inventory? Kinda disappointed with that because I was enjoying grinding my smartgun, and the flamethrower was not 4 stars before the update. I haven't used the M39, and that was suddenly 4 stars.

I also noticed the android companions are more "in your face" and constantly throwing grenades around. I've noticed my scores for kills and headshots drop dramatically compared to theirs. I know I've mentioned the game needs some major balancing, but now it's almost too easy. I can sit back and let Alpha and Beta do the work. Not exactly fun.

The Phalanx class is useless, in my opinion. It feels like a weak combination of the Gunner and Demolisher.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 09, 2021, 11:22:44 PM
Am I the only one who noticed they force leveled-up all the weapons you have in your inventory? Kinda disappointed with that because I was enjoying grinding my smartgun, and the flamethrower was not 4 stars before the update. I haven't used the M39, and that was suddenly 4 stars.

I also noticed the android companions are more "in your face" and constantly throwing grenades around. I've noticed my scores for kills and headshots drop dramatically compared to theirs. I know I've mentioned the game needs some major balancing, but now it's almost too easy. I can sit back and let Alpha and Beta do the work. Not exactly fun.

The Phalanx class is useless, in my opinion. It feels like a weak combination of the Gunner and Demolisher.

"WEAPONS
Starting with this update, all weapons will level up as intended. Up to this point, all level-based benefits were being applied immediately, despite the weapon not having unlocked them yet.

So that we don't negatively affect current players, we will be setting all currently owned weapons to max level for all character accounts created up to the implementation of this patch. Enjoy your 4 star guns!
Due to the above change, along with assessing live progression speeds for weapons, we will also be lowering the XP requirements for each weapon rank. Guns will now reach max rank (4 stars) with the same amount of XP it used to take to reach 3 stars."

All new guns you earn or buy still require the levelling btw

sate

sate

not too big on the new class but the new guns seem exciting, especially the laser pistol which according to the lore page is a redesign of RXF-M5 with modern tech after it's patent expired. the DLC's weyland armor set look sick too ;D

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I was disappointed to see all the guns had been maxed out with this patch. I'd only gotten a few of them to four stars and that was part of the reason I was switching between them on each class, but now it feels like there's nothing to aim for in that regard.

At least they didn't auto-level the new ones, but those'll take some credits to fully unlock anyway.

I'm liking the new class more than I thought I would as he really does block damage well, but that could just have been because I was playing him on a very synth-heavy level rather than one with a ton of Aliens. So I'll have to see how often I get jumped out of the shield before I can really judge.

I wasn't super fond of the new laser pistol either for the reasons mentioned above. You have to fire it slowly to prevent overheating, and doing so kinda makes it feel weak. I'll stick with it for a bit, especially since now it's one of only a handful of weapons I can level up, but I'm not loving it. Looking forward to trying the minigun out though when I can unlock it!

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 10, 2021, 02:31:05 PM
Yeah I was disappointed to see all the guns had been maxed out with this patch. I'd only gotten a few of them to four stars and that was part of the reason I was switching between them on each class, but now it feels like there's nothing to aim for in that regard.

Yeah I agree. I am working on my other classes and I kinda feel like I have nothing to work toward in that regard. I don't mind leveling up my gear... I play RPGS all the time... So i wonder why they did that? To make it easier for new players to jump in?

Nhadhert

Nhadhert

I'm just going to say it, Unless they deliver at least 1 map per month and I don't mean a slice of map for Horde mode then it will have the same fate as Hunting Grounds.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

On the topic of weapon leveling, I wish weapons leveled based on actual usage, rather than just a set amount for taking them along on a mission and completing the mission. Like, if I take a shotgun and a pulse rifle but I never fire the shotgun, I shouldn't get equal XP for both guns. That would incentivize me to actually *use* the guns I buy, rather than just buy them and leave them in an open slot so they passively level-up while I keep using the guns I'm "familiar" with.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Nhadhert on Sep 11, 2021, 06:44:32 AM
I'm just going to say it, Unless they deliver at least 1 map per month and I don't mean a slice of map for Horde mode then it will have the same fate as Hunting Grounds.

Where are we, a year and a half after Predator Hunting Grounds release? I actually think it will be worse for Aliens Fireteam in its current state because there is no sense of Randomness and no PvP.

In Predator, unless you Private Match, you're not going to know what map you're playing in, what random mission is in that map, what Predator you're playing against, what weapons and perks that Predator has equipped and what is their playstyle. In Aliens Fireteam, as it stands right now, you know everything you will face everytime you play. The map. The mission. The enemies. How & when they'll attack. So that needs to change ASAP or a year and a half it will be a ghost town. Fingers crossed they do!

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 11, 2021, 11:47:26 AM
On the topic of weapon leveling, I wish weapons leveled based on actual usage, rather than just a set amount for taking them along on a mission and completing the mission. Like, if I take a shotgun and a pulse rifle but I never fire the shotgun, I shouldn't get equal XP for both guns. That would incentivize me to actually *use* the guns I buy, rather than just buy them and leave them in an open slot so they passively level-up while I keep using the guns I'm "familiar" with.

Yeah, this is my preferred method of leveling too. It's really a great motivator to use weapons you might not tend to normally use, and sometimes, you turn out liking them! :)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

I'm surprised that they didn't add another horde map in the September season DLC. Like other people said already: they need to pump out horde maps, and at some point they need to add missions to the story campaign. They also need to make unique missions as this is a very repetitive game and it's going to get old real fast. New weapons and classes are not going to cut it in the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed