HD Alien: Isolation Screenshots Released

Started by ikarop, Jan 20, 2014, 02:32:37 PM

Author
HD Alien: Isolation Screenshots Released (Read 31,931 times)

thecaffeinatedone

Really, after seeing the sleek and skeletal, uncanny-valley, androgynous design of Locusta (aka the 1979 version)in full light, this design pisses me off. It's not a deal breaker, but man is it disappointing. I usually try not to nitpick things too, but I gotta call it like I see it!

StrangeShape

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 21, 2014, 08:56:36 AM
The more humanlike the design is, the more disturbing I find it. It's hard for me to understand why the "man in a suit" approach wouldn't be scary or disturbing if the animation is pulled off correctly.

These stances here are similar, if you don't look too close you can't even tell the leg design on the second one. Yet I find Locusta's to be as disturbing.

Not only that, but Locusta's model of the original also shows the sexual connotations of the design, slim and sexy, yet disturbing

Cal427eb

Not really seeing the sexy but, hey, I don't judge.

StrangeShape

Im talking about the slim (and human) shape. Its sexual like in a thin model. A hunched monster with giant chin and dino legs misses the essence and idea of the original design

Cal427eb

RIP jokes

YeBittenDog

I am actually impressed with the design. I like to see subtle changes to the xenomorph. Aliens change their bodies, shapes, and tactics depending on what host they grow inside. It's always nice to see a new artist's take on an old classic. The smooth original head was nixed for Aliens when they used more armor plated skulls. The xenos are an every changing species and I think that's a part of their appeal. Anyhow... I'm stoked for this game. Looks like loads of fun!

Local Trouble

Do the devs have a feedback forum where we can air our grievances?

MrSpaceJockey

Yeah. There's an official Alien: Isolation website and forum.

I dunno if they really look at user response there but it was buzzing with threads and people the minute the trailers got released.  Haven't went back myself since, though.

Local Trouble

Found it, registered and posted.

http://forums.alienisolation.com

I encourage the rest of you to do the same.

Cal427eb

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 21, 2014, 11:55:20 PM
Found it, registered and posted.

http://forums.alienisolation.com

I encourage the rest of you to do the same.
Nah, I'm good.

Local Trouble

Why say no when it feels so much better to say yes?

Vepariga

I notice abit of a chin, im calling it chinney. but over all the Alien looks great. def not a deal breaker at any stretch.

locusta

Cleary to be seen, they took to much notion of the Rambaldi head.

And how is the "man in a suit" look not scary and horrofying???

The Runner

Quote from: locusta on Jan 22, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

The human skull freaks the shit out of me..... :-X

Vrastal

Quote from: locusta on Jan 22, 2014, 03:57:32 PM

When the original alien is exposed the "man in suit" is just silly looking. I think the design is fine as it is. The alien looks good it isn't the crappy avpr design. even if it did, as long as the gameplay is good and the story doesn't suck it'll be fun. so they changed the design a little bit? are you going to base the entire game off of a few designs you dislike?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed