Sharlto Copley in Alien V?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Feb 23, 2015, 06:28:41 PM

What kind of role could play Sharlto Copley in Alien V?

Weyland Corporation employee
6 (23.1%)
Colonial Marine or Mercenary
8 (30.8%)
Scientist
1 (3.8%)
Space Trucker
4 (15.4%)
Android
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author
Sharlto Copley in Alien V? (Read 20,986 times)

HuDaFuK

I like the idea of Copley being in it, my niggling doubts surround the fact he's yet to show he can play a role suitable to a horror film.

That said, he really was amazing in Chappie, so I'm sure he could pull it off.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I dunno, Kruger would be pretty scary to be around.

Perfect-Organism

I think he could be good, but it would have to be a careful balance.  I don't need Alien 5 to become a farce or a comical film.  I have a feeling I would be waiting the whole film for him to "Fokken Aliens!" or something.  An Alien film needs to take itself seriously.

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 23, 2015, 08:43:23 PM
He and Leland Orser could have a panic competition.

THIS made me decide I don't want him in the movie.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 11, 2015, 06:29:15 PM
I think he could be good, but it would have to be a careful balance.  I don't need Alien 5 to become a farce or a comical film.  I have a feeling I would be waiting the whole film for him to "Fokken Aliens!" or something.  An Alien film needs to take itself seriously.

As long as he's not doing a pantomime of Wikus, I think it'll be fine.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 11, 2015, 06:19:05 PM
I really dont want him in it, its not that hes a bad actor i just dont see him in an alien film. i think it would be a really bad idea

If nothing else, the guy is a chameleon. Based just on Blomkamp's films, Copley can take a huge variety of charger types and knock them out of the park.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I honestly didn't know the bloke in Elysium was this guy. Really transformed for that role or it was just smoke and mirrors but I could not tell that guy was the same guy in District 9.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Even before Blomkamp had this opportunity I thought Copley would be great in an ALIEN film. I don't think he should have the lead role but definitely a strong supporting one.

RabidNinja

RabidNinja

I got nothing against Copley, but he's attached to Blomkamp like Depp is to Burton, i see Copley playing some form of bad guy role as a way of shoehorning him in; but props to him for realising they'll go their seperate ways soon enough.

Vrastal

Vrastal

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 11, 2015, 06:29:15 PM
"Fokken Aliens!" or something.  An Alien film needs to take itself seriously.

this right here

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

He has the Midas touch. Gotta put him in the film.

felipescado

felipescado

is it bad i want an actress to do the motion capture for the alien instead?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The man is a fantastic actor, he's a lot like Thomas Jane to me in the sense that I never know its him until halfway through the movie. In my mind he could play any of those roles perfectly, but after Elysium I think I'd want to see him as a Marine or Merc, if those aren't in the film though then I think scientist would fit him well.

Perfect-Organism

You know he could be the new Hudson?  Can you picture Copley panicky and twitchy?

Vrastal

Vrastal

not in a way that doesnt come off as annoying, Hudson/bill paxton will never be replaced

and no alien motion capture

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed