Mid-Credits Scene

Started by Darkness, Aug 06, 2022, 08:29:54 AM

Author
Mid-Credits Scene (Read 3,293 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think that's a more difficult situation for them to navigate because of it being a Netflix production.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's not like they don't have the money to make that kind of problem go away.

SiL

SiL

But is it worth it to spend that money.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hopefully Prey might make them lean in that direction.

Marauder

Marauder

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2022, 08:24:00 AMI think there's more scope to do this kind of thing in animation rather than live-action. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, but I don't expect it. But with the success of Prey on streaming, I hope it does incentivize Disney/Studios to try doing more "lower budget" experiments on streaming like animated shorts that focus on the creatures.

Yeah, I think you're right. There's definitely some wishful thinking here on my part lol, but a boy can dream ;)

I really like the idea of an animated series. Any of you guys been watching Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal? Imagining a Predator one-shot/series in the style of that is enough to make me cry.

Kailem

Kailem

Given that they now have ownership of all the Netflix Marvel shows, I've got to imagine a similar thing could easily happen with the AVP anime.

I think the bigger issue is that A) nobody at Disney seems to give a Hish, and B) nobody outside of the fandom even knows it exists (and even inside the fandom it's not super well-known), so there's no public pressure on them to release it.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to hear Dan trachtenberg's mindset going into this film. So many directors want a marvel franchise and when watching those films it sometimes feels like one movie is just a setup for something else. It lacks a sense of completion.I think it goes to show how mature and restrained Dan's vision for the film is. Well done!

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

Here's hoping we get more movies anthology style rather than direct sequels.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

The Predator franchise always had relatively self-contained stories. Yeah "Predator 2" and "Predators" refer back to the 1987 original, but they were largely independent stories in the Predator universe.

Could a sequel continuing Naru's story work? Possibly...although she has proven herself already to her tribe, so in a sense, her story arc is complete. The real question is what happens to that pistol, at least in the movie Predator universe (as opposed to the Predator comic universe, with that pirate story explaining Greyback getting that pistol).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed