NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,128 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah as much as I want the Fireteam Aliens they have moved out of my price range at this point.  :(

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Totally understandable, but to me it is absolutely worth it, you get what you pay for as they say and in this case it turns out to be quite true.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 01, 2022, 01:29:34 AMJust in case you had any further doubts, the Covenant Alien's meant to be the biggest in the films aside from the Queen itself and it is bigger than any Engineer or Predator I have in my collection, even then the prior release towers above it in height and mass.
Hmm from my quick look the covenant xeno prototype seem as big as stumpy or the other drone/warriors in height and slender than the warrior, but I would need to move them from my bookshelf and compare when I get the time. Im tired now but do you have any source of the covenants size, I presume it would be in one of the covenant books? I need to check that up. That the covenant alien is the biggest one if ignoring the queen was new to me.

Nice to see them compared, yeah I think you might be right that the new runner is more close to proper size than the ultimate runner although in the movie it seemed huge in certain scenes. I will just pretend: the new runner is based on dog/smaller creatures that fireteam elite says they are created from, and the ultimate runner is the ox version :P

I just saw one of the online shops here in sweden have them in stock! :D Gonna order them when I get my next payment :D

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Found the Panther at a Target that's literally in the same shopping center as the Best Buy where I found the Night Cougar! This Target also had the FTE figures so there's certainly no shortage of those on the shelf and now that my Kenner collection is complete I'll be buying those soon. But as others have stated $36.99 is the new price point for the new figures (which is around what the Rhino cost upon release and that's a much larger figure). Also the first wave of Kenner figures cost $19.99 back in 2017 so the price increase is significant.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 04, 2022, 02:33:28 AMFound the Panther at a Target that's literally in the same shopping center as the Best Buy where I found the Night Cougar! This Target also had the FTE figures so there's certainly no shortage of those on the shelf and now that my Kenner collection is complete I'll be buying those soon. But as others have stated $36.99 is the new price point for the new figures (which is around what the Rhino cost upon release and that's a much larger figure). Also the first wave of Kenner figures cost $19.99 back in 2017 so the price increase is significant.

I'v only seen it at sunrise records for $69.99 that was in Canadian dollars but still it should be $45 or so. The Aliens warrior was at Walmart fir $30 this year.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The prices are getting crazy and I can rarely justify now most of Neca's figures unless they're somehow special and unique. For my human characters, I'm getting more into McFarlane's newer figures now since they're the same scale and have a lot more variety with sometimes better sculpts and articulation for a fraction of the price of Neca nowadays. As for my alien army building, I have no option other than to resort to getting the cheapest I can find from China on Ebay or Aliexpress and then repainting them and modifying them for better neck articulation etc.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Canceled my preorder on the Fireteam Runner/Prowler pack, I don't want to deal with reselling the Runner and I'll take my chances finding the Prowler at retail I guess.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@BlueMarsalis79 The ox thing is going viral  :laugh:

El Diablo

El Diablo

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Aug 04, 2022, 02:33:28 AMFound the Panther at a Target that's literally in the same shopping center as the Best Buy where I found the Night Cougar! This Target also had the FTE figures so there's certainly no shortage of those on the shelf and now that my Kenner collection is complete I'll be buying those soon. But as others have stated $36.99 is the new price point for the new figures (which is around what the Rhino cost upon release and that's a much larger figure). Also the first wave of Kenner figures cost $19.99 back in 2017 so the price increase is significant.

The prices have gotten ridiculous in such a short amount of time. If anything is going to curb my collecting it's going to be cost. I'm being more selective now. My local comic book shop had a 2 for 1 special on the Panther and Night Cougar Alien and that was the last purchase I made.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Went to my local target to buy the Prowler and they were sold out of both that and the runner, however they now had the Spitter and Burster so I ended up buying the Spitter which is an absolute gorgeous figure! But after buying 3 figures this week my wallet is certainly feeling that price increase!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Sold out? I like the sound of that, hopefully that means more Fireteam Elite on the way then.

It occurred to me that if the Predator race encountered the Alien race before humanity did, they would have never fought Drones or Warriors until we came along, just Runners and Prowlers and so forth instead.

So I had some fun taking photos of these really awesome figures.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

My local Wal-mart has hardly any Alien figures right now, but they've had a lot of Ashes for a long time. I counted them today... thirteen.

I almost want to buy an Ash out of pity.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Just be glad they don't cost $80 like they do here.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

They actually look really good in hand.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed