NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,982 times)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: darylox on Jan 21, 2012, 02:24:23 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Jan 21, 2012, 01:35:17 PM
best results is probably with spotlights of varied kinds, with blue light filters, dunno what's used here but it does look good

I prefer natural Pictures to be honest. Im not a fan of photoshop, never used such tools.
I experimented a bit with yellow light one time, results are not bad but blue looks way better for Predators   ;D

you can get blue without photoshop, thats why i said spotlights with blue filters. the yellow/orange lighting works if you want a nice predator ship interior look

drvais

drvais

Quote from: burkewhimp on Jan 21, 2012, 08:02:07 AM
Love those pics. Looks like when Predator 2 is about to attack keys squad in the slaughter house. I really do love these figures because you can do more with them. I want to make a city backdrop for mine

Did you see this one? 

Quote from: drvais on Jan 16, 2012, 05:55:12 PM
Thanks for the positive response.  Here's several more you may enjoy:

Quote from: darylox on Jan 21, 2012, 02:24:23 PM
I prefer natural Pictures to be honest. Im not a fan of photoshop, never used such tools.

Quote from: Shadow on Jan 21, 2012, 03:00:34 PM

you can get blue without photoshop, thats why i said spotlights with blue filters. the yellow/orange lighting works if you want a nice predator ship interior look

I'm not using Photoshop, except as noted below:

Quote from: drvais on Jan 19, 2012, 03:29:53 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 17, 2012, 06:33:34 PM
Those pictures are excellent, what camera/lens are you using? Did you use Photoshop as well or did you set up all the lighting yourself?

I'm using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX7S.  I plan to upgrade to the big time with a Nikon D-800 this summer.  I set up all of the lighting myself, but the smoke effects, rain, and sparks come from using Sony Vegas Pro.  The first pic of the Elder with the fire behind him used a real fire pit.  Oh, and the masked Pred on the rooftop was created using three images in Photoshop.

predator2rules

predator2rules

Oh man I am creaming myself. I have to learn how to create a decent display like u guys

I am going to play around with my cameras and mac book, there must be something I can fiind to create a wicked arse photo. If u haven't worked it out I am pretty dumb when it comes to technology.

drvais

drvais

Quote from: thespiderman209 on Jan 21, 2012, 04:53:00 AM
these are soo good man, you should do the lighting and poses for action figures FOR COMPANIES (NECA)

Thanks, man!  You made my night with this post!

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Quote from: drvais on Jan 22, 2012, 01:00:39 AM
Quote from: thespiderman209 on Jan 21, 2012, 04:53:00 AM
these are soo good man, you should do the lighting and poses for action figures FOR COMPANIES (NECA)

Thanks, man!  You made my night with this post!
no problem, you should post some action sequences like a boar and city going against an alien or aliens

darylox

darylox

NECAS Predators & ALIEN are unbeatable, so damn Accurate in compare to the others  ;)

TANKMAN is da king !
:-*

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I'll tell him you said that over at the Sideshow Freaks forum.

I'm sure he'll be uber excited you feel that way.  ;)

darylox

darylox

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 25, 2012, 02:56:10 AM
I'll tell him you said that over at the Sideshow Freaks forum.

I'm sure he'll be uber excited you feel that way.  ;)

Im on Twitter, he know that  :-*

Tribal

Tribal

From twitter:

Question: What sort of Predators toys are you doing?

Answer: finishing up the Lost clan. There is more after that but we may save those details for SDCC.

Question: What is the likelyhood of us getting a figure of the Scarface Predator from Concrete Jungle? I'd love you forever if we got that.

Answer: haven't looked into it as we've got plans in place into 2013 already that come from the films.

:o I smell Celtic, Chopper, Scar and Elder coming my way  :o

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That, or maybe some humans. Either way I ain't complaining. :)

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I'd really love if they released a figure of dutch. what do ya think the chances of that happening are though?

darylox

darylox

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jan 27, 2012, 11:37:43 AM
I'd really love if they released a figure of dutch. what do ya think the chances of that happening are though?

Thay have no license for dutch. :'(

I really hope they made Terminator in 18" this year ;)

Master

Master

Quote from: Tribal on Jan 27, 2012, 08:24:10 AM

From twitter:

Answer: finishing up the Lost clan. There is more after that but we may save those details for SDCC.

Question: What is the likelyhood of us getting a figure of the Scarface Predator from Concrete Jungle? I'd love you forever if we got that.

Answer: haven't looked into it as we've got plans in place into 2013 already that come from the films.

Yeah, that`s more than possible.

thespiderman209

thespiderman209

Quote from: Tribal on Jan 27, 2012, 08:24:10 AM

From twitter:

did you ask that question to them or was it someone else?

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 27, 2012, 08:25:27 AM
That, or maybe some humans. Either way I ain't complaining. :)

From NECA: character & figure have little appeal or interest. If we could do any human it would be Dutch & Dutch only.

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Jan 27, 2012, 11:37:43 AM

Q: Btw are we ever gonna get a Dutch figure? My Predators need a worthy opponent.

A: we don't have the likeness rights for the Dutch character, we all wish we did

Q: Could Dutch be coming this year?

A: definitely not

Q: so who has to say yes for u to produce Dutch?? I know u want it too right??

A: Arnold & it costs additional money on top of existing license.

Quote from: thespiderman209 on Jan 27, 2012, 02:54:16 PM

did you ask that question to them or was it someone else?

It was some other guy. I read all the tweets from NECA  ;D

Here is other questions about predators figures:

Q: Any updates on Predators?

A: prepping Series 5 packaging and figures for Spring release and maybe cooking up some exclusives for 2012 as well

Q: Any hints on what exclusives might be made for 2012? Thanks!

A: nothing definite but looking Stealth/Cloaked we haven't done and maybe an homage to an old Kenner figure as well

Q: heard youre going to do a "homage to a kenner pred" would that be the renegade? Complete with staff and gun?

A: said we might do a Kenner homage, always have backup plans for exclusives and variants in case they're needed

Q: Kenner Tribute figures?! I'm listening intently

A: a possible tribute/homage to an old Kenner item, just one figure and this is a ways off if it happens

Q: Can fans expect to see Classic Predators redone with new articulation?

A: not likely, it will take most of 2012 to release all of the P2 Lost Preds

Q: Are you guys planning on producing any more trophies like the ones in the 2packs?

A: definitely, the when & where as far as release is still being determined

Q: Can we expect a single carded masked City Hunter with spear?

A: not planned but possible for beyond Series 6 as an exclusive, Series 7, or a best of type assortment. Not currently planned tho

And some questions about Aliens figures:

Q: Depending on what is in the film, is there any possibility of figures from "Prometheus"? Or have you decided not to pursue it?

A: no final decision has been made, we need to have a much better understanding of what could be "figure worthy"

Q: Are there any plans to make figures based on the upcoming "Aliens: Colonial Marines" game?

A: no such plans

Q: With regards to Aliens, are you focusing on Cameron's film (marines,Queen) or other films?

A: TBD. Can't discuss further right now. Hopefully more info come Toy Fair

8)  Yep! New Aliens at Toy Fair!!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed