NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,206,323 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I really hope they don't do this in 18" scale.  ;)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 03, 2011, 04:17:00 PM

In one way i do want only the two originals in 18" for my display, to keep it clean, just the two originals. But seeing how nice the quality was on the 18" classic, i think a city hunter would look very good though...but then i would want the Warrior alien from Aliens as a 18" too to keep it even. so best would be to not have any more 18"s from the alien and pred franchise

darylox

darylox

Quote from: Shadow on Nov 03, 2011, 04:20:22 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 03, 2011, 04:17:00 PM

In one way i do want only the two originals in 18" for my display, to keep it clean, just the two originals. But seeing how nice the quality was on the 18" classic, i think a city hunter would look very good though...but then i would want the Warrior alien from Aliens as a 18" too to keep it even. so best would be to not have any more 18"s from the alien and pred franchise
EXACTLY
  ;)
Very good post, i think the same way. For me just P1 and P2 in 18"
No love for the new Movies and Predators, bad designs, no soul , no atmosphere, no class.

Make money with big names , thats all. :P

...like Salvation

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I think that the new 1:4 Predator from Hot Toys is going to knock these NECA big Preds out of the park.

Bring it on Hot Toys!

darylox

darylox

Nice try  :D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yeah, I know...they're going to be AWESOME!

There's just no denying it.  ;)

darylox

darylox

like the previous ?  Hot Toys should first engage a talented sculptor for a Predator imo.

1/4 scale HT Predator ?  Link  :D :D

Shadow

Shadow

the old hot toys where meh. but the Predators line and forth have kept a better quality both in looks and accuracy. As for the hot toys 18", it might be as good if not better...BUT if you think the regular 1/6 are expensiv already, the 1/4 WILL be even more so. that's where neca wins, people with little money can affort em. if i had the money, i would buy both hot toys and neca, but since i don't, i'm glad neca exists.

georgeromero

georgeromero

I also tend to think the paint is not good enough, but it's zillion times better than McFarlane Cit Hunter. I hope they will do it in 18".

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: georgeromero on Nov 03, 2011, 07:41:06 PM
I also tend to think the paint is not good enough, but it's zillion times better than McFarlane Cit Hunter. I hope they will do it in 18".

both paint and above all, the sculpt are way better. that's why i hope neca makes the avp preds too so that i can get rid of my mcfarlane ones from my shelves. that applies to the aliens too

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

These arent the final products, so I hope they improve the paint apps!|I can't wait for series 5 and 6 tbh. >_<

Njm1983

Njm1983

I'm sure the paint apps will vary a little from figure to figure. When it comes to city hunter just have to buy him in person.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Njm1983 on Nov 04, 2011, 12:42:14 AM
I'm sure the paint apps will vary a little from figure to figure. When it comes to city hunter just have to buy him in person.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that as I get them by internet. And darn it they messed up the forehead pattern!!! Argh! It's almost perfect...so close...but no! Why? Why? Why can't they just put the black stripes into straight lines?

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Yeah... I don't know man. That seems pretty weird from NECA.
From what I recall, most companies use a stencil for those kinda things.
Either way, the Predators I'm waiting for the most are Lost, Ram, Snake, Gort and Scout (Classic).
I'm obviously getting every Lost predator, it's just I have my favourites. :P
It's great though, because as a figure customiser - there's so many body and armor variations now so I'm basically having an orgasm.

ANYWAY... Pity I buy the new figures online too, since they take a month to be released here.
I'll probably get my girlfriend to go scouting in Toys'R'US in America for me. :3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed