NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,297 times)

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 22, 2011, 11:10:45 AM
Quote from: Tribal on May 20, 2011, 08:28:58 PM
Changing the subject...

I asked Randy on twitter about the AVP figures :)

"Are you 100% sure NECA won't do the AVP preds? I'm dont want to spend my money in those crap mcfarlane ones :(

Answer:

"not certain but if we did them it would be more than a year away since it will take at least that long b4 all the Lost are out"

Well, i know its not a real confirmation... but at least he changed his speech from "No! Never! I hate them!" to "Not certain... if we did them..."

This little things makes my day  ;D

AvP figures, really, would you buy them? They're expendable beyond words, feeling like toy variants all the same...

i would by them no doubt. first of, i do like the designs, especially celtic and chopper. and secondly, with the lost hunters underway, the avp preds are the only ones that stands between me and a 7" display of each pred design ever seen in the films! something ive been dreaming of for a long time. plus, neca would do a decent job compared to mcfarlane...they are simply not in par with neca to be displayed with them.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Oh, I agree on NECA being more accurate (then again, they're being sculpted by the same person, LOL), but I just find the Celtic and Gill NOT to be unique enough to buy them all again, contrary to all other predators. If you have a lineup of at least 4 new predators from AvP, all they differentiate in is their helmets. Not worth the money IMO.

Ghostface

Ghostface

The Pred from the flashback is the only AVP pred I would be interested in.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 22, 2011, 01:21:59 PM
Oh, I agree on NECA being more accurate (then again, they're being sculpted by the same person, LOL), but I just find the Celtic and Gill NOT to be unique enough to buy them all again, contrary to all other predators. If you have a lineup of at least 4 new predators from AvP, all they differentiate in is their helmets. Not worth the money IMO.

you have a point. though i would still buy them. and isn't it the same thing with lost preds? its many re-used p2 bodies and p1 parts isn't it? sure, they differ more but not 100% new. borg is probably the most unique

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Shadow on May 22, 2011, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: skull-splitter on May 22, 2011, 01:21:59 PM

you have a point. though i would still buy them. and isn't it the same thing with lost preds?

At least they showed the benefit of effort. Sure, they used the same basic skin, but other than that, most of them were unique looking, instead of the same color, armor and all, with the sole identity derived from the helmet.

Taraka

Taraka

Maybe that's one of the big reasons why they dont want to do the AVP preds, they technically ARE the same predator, except for helmets. Even the Ancient Predators. And they get enough lip from alot of collectors for reusing molds. (Long as it's in context, I don't care if its reused.) And like I pointed out, the Alien warriors and grid would have the AVP-R body reused. I can't help but notice it seems like they like to take the most unique of charectors from films and games to make figures of. The AVP preds and Aliens are too generic...suddenly I don't want them anymore....

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Taraka on May 22, 2011, 03:55:10 PM
Maybe that's one of the big reasons why they dont want to do the AVP preds, they technically ARE the same predator, except for helmets. Even the Ancient Predators.
And weaponry... and Chopper's skull-sticks.

JediYautja

JediYautja

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 22, 2011, 04:15:59 PM
Maybe that's one of the big reasons why they dont want to do the AVP preds, they technically ARE the same predator, except for helmets. Even the Ancient Predators.
And weaponry... and Chopper's skull-sticks.

True...I think apart from the helmets, the weapons are the things that differentiate the AVP Preds from each other (Scar's extending wrist-blades, Celtic's swivel-blades and Chopper's arm blades, which were unfortunately stuck on every MacFarlane AVP Pred).

freedomfighter1111

yeah i hated that the didnt make a chopper predator and that the blades were out like that they really got in the way when displaying them the exclusive celtic didnt have the blades they should have made them oppitional for all the preds i think but yea

Tribal

Tribal

Maybe that's one of the big reasons why they dont want to do the AVP preds, they technically ARE the same predator, except for helmets.

I think that's the one of the big reasons why they should do the APV preds. They just have to sculpt one body for all figures. Like they did with P1 (using same body for P3 classic, P3 classic BD, P1 without helmet, P1 with helmet, P1 with the Gort helmet) and, still, people keep buying. Same thing with the wolf (one body for SEVEN toys, and they've sold so well that NECA is still rereleasing them)  ;D

Taraka

Taraka

True, but that makes them boring to look at. Even the 4 Classic preds I have, I only keep 2 out. The one I put the damaged mask head on, and the TRU exclusive which once in a while I put the series 1 Classic head on. But to have an army of Predators that're actually different characters standing around...I'd probably either sell them really quick or they'd rarely come out of my closet. Plus, their armor designs aren't exactly inspired. Yeah they're very Aztec and Mayan, but that's not how the other predators look. And I'll flat out say I'll never buy an unmasked Scar pred if he's screen accurate.

This is also why I don't buy Gears of War figures. Yeah I've got 4, total. 2 Marcus's, because one I found at the flea market for 8 bucks and it had the better articulation, the SDCC Locus, and the Sniper Locus.I know they're different in ways, but I can't help but find them boring to look at, even when I pose them. (Though the Series 1 articulation probably is the problem. Can't reenact gameplay.)

I guess we'd have to see if they did it. I might change my mind seeing the products in the end. I know I'd at least get Celtic, since he was my favorite of the bunch.

Requiem28

Requiem28

I just drove to TRU yesterday to see if they had Battle Damaged Classic there, and instead, they replaced all Predators figs with AVP-R figs  ???  ???  ???

Here, they had each AVP-R figure on clearance for around $14, and people are willing to spend over $40 EACH on Amazon

I should probably buy some extra figs  8)

Taraka

Taraka

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 22, 2011, 09:28:44 PM
I just drove to TRU yesterday to see if they had Battle Damaged Classic there, and instead, they replaced all Predators figs with AVP-R figs  ???  ???  ???

Here, they had each AVP-R figure on clearance for around $14, and people are willing to spend over $40 EACH on Amazon

I should probably buy some extra figs  8)

Capitalize! lol. Buy 'em and sell them here. I'm sure some people would appreciate it. I'm only interested in buying the Alien warrior re-release from A L I E N S at present.

Divine Avenger

Divine Avenger

Quote from: Requiem28 on May 22, 2011, 09:28:44 PM
Hey by chance did you see any Battle Damage Wolf figures at TRU?  The ones with the hugger and burster little extras?

Master

Master

Say what you want but I like AvP preds and would appreciate if NECA made them. I do have AvP Elder and Celtic and they don`t stand out from NECA preds that much. And about the differences those are quite present too. Elder have cape, mask on his shoulder and blue (wtf?) dreadlocks. When I`ll ahev some more free itme I`ll separate mandibles from his face and mek them more pronunced (they are too flat for my taste), already removed arm blades from both Elder and Celtic. I`d like NECA to do Chooper and maybe flashback preds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed