NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,934 times)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

wow that looks cool. but I'll wait till the real gort figure comes out. doesn't make much sence to give anytime gort's mask. no matter how cool it looks

Cap. Fitzgerald

Yes it does make sense.
The mask they were originally going to use in Predator was the Gort mask but they used the mask we know today instead.
therefore this figure is the true Anytime.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Man, that figure looks cool. I definitely gotta get that.

And I wouldn't pay any serious mind to the jerks on ebay charging $40+ for pre-orders for this guy. They did the same thing with the TRU 2-pack, having it for like $60 to $80. And guess what? You can still order the 2-pack from TRU.com for $27 +shipping.

This figure should be available at places like BBTS.com, Cornerstore comics and NECA's amazon store for around $25 to $30, just like the Stealth Wolf, Stealth Berserker, and all of NECA's other SDCC exclusives were. Shame on those people on ebay for inciting panic and false demand by charging that much for a figure.

CavatinaTheXeno

Sweet I be getting that for sure.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 19, 2011, 01:34:54 AM
Yes it does make sense.
The mask they were originally going to use in Predator was the Gort mask but they used the mask we know today instead.

oh. well I didn't know that. any reason why this mask wasn't used?

Cap. Fitzgerald

They thought it hinted at the creatures facial features too much.
So they made a new mask that made the big reveal better

Taraka

Taraka

Actually, you're half right. Gort's mask was a mechanical interpretation of the face, but they KNEW it would give away the face and decided to use the tribal look.  It's in the section of the Winston Effect centered on the first predator film.

Ghostface

Ghostface

isn't that pretty much what he said?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what Cap said.

xeno killer

xeno killer

Quote from: Jace Madan on May 19, 2011, 01:50:14 AM
Man, that figure looks cool. I definitely gotta get that.

And I wouldn't pay any serious mind to the jerks on ebay charging $40+ for pre-orders for this guy. They did the same thing with the TRU 2-pack, having it for like $60 to $80. And guess what? You can still order the 2-pack from TRU.com for $27 +shipping.

This figure should be available at places like BBTS.com, Cornerstore comics and NECA's amazon store for around $25 to $30, just like the Stealth Wolf, Stealth Berserker, and all of NECA's other SDCC exclusives were. Shame on those people on ebay for inciting panic and false demand by charging that much for a figure.

Yeah BBTS will for sure get the Gort Predator!! Well here's hoping anyway!

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 19, 2011, 01:34:54 AM
Yes it does make sense.

Gort is the original Anytime. But the true one is what you could see in the movie, nothing else ;)

Taraka

Taraka

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 19, 2011, 04:49:04 AM

No. He said it hinted at the face, not that it actually was a mech-interpretation.

But w/e. Back to the figure.

So far I've found 3 venders on ebay, I could be mistaken but are they pre-orders? the auction makes it look like they have them in hand.

Blades

Blades

Quote from: Taraka on May 19, 2011, 12:19:05 PM

No. He said it hinted at the face, not that it actually was a mech-interpretation.

But w/e. Back to the figure.

So far I've found 3 venders on ebay, I could be mistaken but are they pre-orders? the auction makes it look like they have them in hand.
If you want to be absoloutely precise, then it's not exactly what cap said, but non the less it is the same thing techinically.  They should be on pre-order, though i must warn you to check the seller fist because there are many 'cons' out there that act as if they have figure on pre-order when they have no intention of doing so :) .

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Please post whatever source it was you got the "mech-interpreatation" info from.

I've never seen that anywhere.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 19, 2011, 05:52:54 PM

Please post whatever source it was you got the "mech-interpreatation" info from.

I've never seen that anywhere.

I feel like that was written in the book "The Winston Effect."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed