Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 951,271 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Finished Darksiders III. Final boss was actually satisfying to beat. Hard but fair. Unlike most of the rest of the game.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 24, 2021, 06:00:02 PM
RUINER, anyone else here played it?
Is that the cyberpunk shooter one? Gut with a black and red helmet or something? It was on game pass a while back. I think I intended to play it but never got round to it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yes that one exactly.

Superb music.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 26, 2021, 11:34:22 PM
Finished Darksiders III. Final boss was actually satisfying to beat. Hard but fair. Unlike most of the rest of the game.

I ended up liking it quite a bit.  Maybe I just have a soft spot for the series.

Did you get the DLC?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 27, 2021, 12:47:36 AM

I ended up liking it quite a bit.  Maybe I just have a soft spot for the series.

Did you get the DLC?
I didn't. I really like the Darksiders games (other than III), but I'm not sure I could deal with going through more of the slog. Unless it has some major story beats I'll probably leave it.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 27, 2021, 06:15:02 PM

Did you get the DLC?
I didn't. I really like the Darksiders games (other than III), but I'm not sure I could deal with going through more of the slog. Unless it has some major story beats I'll probably leave it.

Not much story there. One DLC was just the crucible, which if you played the second game you know to be just a wave based arena.
The second DLC had a bit of "story" but honestly it just existed to kinda justify you going to the DLC area. This one could be a bit better to play while going trough the main game, as the different parts of the DLC unlock when you get new hollows. Reward is abyssal armor.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: MoonerSK on Aug 27, 2021, 07:38:02 PM

Did you get the DLC?

Not much story there. One DLC was just the crucible, which if you played the second game you know to be just a wave based arena.
The second DLC had a bit of "story" but honestly it just existed to kinda justify you going to the DLC area. This one could be a bit better to play while going trough the main game, as the different parts of the DLC unlock when you get new hollows. Reward is abyssal armor.
Hard pass, then. If it requires another playthrough of the game, then I'm very much not getting it. If it was an extra campaign, which was important to the storyline, then I might have picked it up. I liked the game and storyline enough to struggle through it once. I disliked it enough that I nearly didn't, and won't be playing it again.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I played through it several times.

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 28, 2021, 09:18:03 PM
Quote from: MoonerSK on Aug 27, 2021, 07:38:02 PM

Did you get the DLC?

Hard pass, then. If it requires another playthrough of the game, then I'm very much not getting it. If it was an extra campaign, which was important to the storyline, then I might have picked it up. I liked the game and storyline enough to struggle through it once. I disliked it enough that I nearly didn't, and won't be playing it again.

It does not require another playtrough, just would be spaced out a bit better in a new playtrought. But yeah not much story there, and what story is there exists sollely for getting you in the DLC area. You're not missing anything from that standpoint.

Stitch

Stitch

Played through the new remake of Myst. It's fun. Way more aligned with modern game sensibilities, though some of the puzzles are still killer. There are also a few bugs, especially with the Game Pass version. I got to the end and couldn't work out what to do. Felt bad for looking it up until I realised the game had glitched out and didn't think I had collected things that I had, and thus didn't tell me what I needed to know.
Also, Game Pass version doesn't have DLSS, nor does it have working VR. It's a shame, because I think it would be very good in VR. Regardless, it's a great update of a classic.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pokemon Blue

A fun nostalgia bomb, even if I feel like I'm perpetually underleveled and that wild Pokemon aren't scaling well.

Darkness

Darkness

As much as I love it, I think I'd always replay the gba remakes for the colour rather than the originals.

Huggs

Huggs

Dead Space

Stitch

Stitch

Finally finished Doom: Eternal: The Ancient Gods - Part 1 (damn, that's a long title).

It's too hard. It's been nerfed and it's still too hard. I played the main game on Ultra Violence and it was difficult enough to make me feel like any deaths were my fault, but if I did things right, then I had control. TAG1 was just too hard. That's why it took so long to get through. I dropped the difficulty to Hurt Me Plenty, and I was still struggling, and then I eventually went down to I'm Too Young To Die, which I thought was a little too easy (though I still died multiple times).
Having now moved on to TAG2, and again on UV difficulty, it feels right. I've still died a decent amount, but it's always felt fair - like I wouldn't have died if I hadn't made a mistake.
I didn't want to move on to TAG2 without finishing TAG1, but I think it was tuned badly. I know 'proper' Doom players only play on ultra nightmare with no extra lives and someone to punch them in the face and burn their computer if they die, but when a player who usually plays on hard mode isn't wiping the floor with everything on easy mode, then maybe they got the balance a bit wrong.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pokemon Blue

My Magikarp is so close to level 20, I can damn near smell that Gyarados already. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed