Could AVP:R Have Been Better With A Bigger Budget?

Started by The Runner, Mar 26, 2019, 02:59:46 AM

Author
Could AVP:R Have Been Better With A Bigger Budget? (Read 13,856 times)

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2019, 01:53:08 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 27, 2019, 01:38:08 AM
We can thank him for egg barfing in particular.

I wouldn't want to be credited either...
'ken oath.

But it also highlights the issue that there were really too many people with a say in the story. Budget wouldn't have fixed that, unfortunately.

... unless you paid some of them a hefty bonus to nick off, I guess.

Kradan

If it was remained with the same characters abd story but with futuristic set (colony, space station) i think it could be more enjoyable one.

howard.moody.566

Hiring actual name actors would have helped. When I see a cast of unknowns I immediately think Asylum or Sy-Fy channel.

Voodoo Magic

Still annoyed they changed the Sci-Fi channel to the Syfy channel.   :P

Huggs

I like it just the way it is.

But a different script would've saved it for everyone else.

The Old One

The Old One

A entirely different film, yes.

[cancerblack]

No. More cash on the same script is just throwing good money after bad. The only redeeming feature of it, as it stands, is that it is low budget and cornball which makes it fit nicely with movies like the 80's The Blob, SynGenOr, etc.

happypred

Bigger budget would've allowed the directors to set it in space

The Old One

The Old One

No, I think, if every other circumstance in the making of is identical.

The Cruentus

I don't think a bigger budget would have saved it, I'm sure we have all seen far superior films created on a lower budget than even Requiem.

What would be needed is a new script, no eggbarfing,, better performing aliens and characters we can actually care about. Oh and of course, no dark filter;  :P

Obviously a differently location may help but I think it wouldn't make too much of a difference if everything else is bad.

razeak

The budget wasn't the problem

Hire different writers and directors.

SuperiorIronman

The more I think about it the more I don't think they had a script doctor for this. If I ever get rich I swear I'm going to remake Requiem, or maybe do my own special edition.

The way I see it is that Wolf doesn't get a distress signal, he's on the ship so that when the crash occurs;
-He's the only survivor which is why there is only one Predator.
-His computer is damaged so he has to clean the mess up himself.
-He can't just bomb the area because his self-destruct is used to detonate the ship and surrounding Xenos (explaining why he never uses it in the film).
-The gear he has is whatever he could salvage, not because he has to suit up twice in the same movie.
-Because Wolf is aboard the ship and his screw-up is what causes it to crash in addition to the chaos caused by the Hybrid he has a much larger stake in killing it.
-Introduce Wolf's bad aim by introducing us to him with the mask off. His wound actually screwed with his vision so he makes a bad shot causing the ship to crash. Thus two cannons (one with an auto-aim) is meant to be extra firepower but also because Wolf actually has a handicap.

Then cutting back on most of the Human cast we're left with the cop and ex-convict.

The reason they end up at the hospital is because the Predalien was already there. Multiple hosts in one place with the added benefit that the Predator wouldn't think to pursue there. It's filled with mostly unarmed humans in the middle of town where the horde as far as surface looking goes hasn't been touched yet and Wolf has been held up in the woods.
You could even retain belly bursting as the Predalien is infecting the women which then explains how quickly the hospital gets overrun as it goes back and forth between it's hive and egg vomiting. Which is a note, we see Egg vomiting happen or at least implied before the hospital, so only use the kitchen scene and then when its discovered the Predalien had been hiding in the hospital you have our heroes discover the bodies in the maternity ward.

The Cruentus

The egg barfing should be left out, just have the Aliens come from escaped huggers, keep the alien life-cycle consistent.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 09, 2020, 04:51:48 PM
The more I think about it the more I don't think they had a script doctor for this. If I ever get rich I swear I'm going to remake Requiem, or maybe do my own special edition.

What a waste of imaginary money. If I get rich, I'll use my power to remove everything that came after Alien³ from canon. Reboots would be allowed, but the original trilogy would be untouchable.

Huggs

You'd miss Ron Perlman.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed