What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 546,450 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The wolf spiders are starting to show up.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wish I had booked the whole week off work for the move. I am so tired.

And we found 5 fleas on the kitty. So plenty of hovering and spraying has been happening. Can't put the anti-flea crap on her until tomorrow because she had her jabs and they told us not to do anything like that until Friday.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I wish I could drop the computer applications class. I can't understand it to save my life.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What are you doing in it?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2019, 12:44:37 PM
What are you doing in it?

Last week was a brief history of computers and basic terms.

I have no idea what we're doing tonight.

It's supposed to help with work. How? I don't know.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, computer applications course sounds like it's either just "here, this is how to use Word" or writing them.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2019, 01:12:47 PM
Honestly, computer applications course sounds like it's either just "here, this is how to use Word" or writing them.

That's exactly what it is.

It's also a three-hour class.

Last week, the professor took over an hour just getting everyone logged in. It takes two minutes to log in, and there's only around fifteen people in the class.

You might not see that transcription for a month.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 12, 2019, 10:50:53 AM
I wish I could drop the computer applications class. I can't understand it to save my life.

Sorry Wabbit. Sometimes it's the instructor, not the student. See if there's any YouTube tutorials that can help with what you're studying.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2019, 10:02:58 AM

I bet. And often we wish we can get everything perfect right away and it's just not possible. Still, congratulations.

QuoteAnd we found 5 fleas on the kitty. So plenty of hovering and spraying has been happening. Can't put the anti-flea crap on her until tomorrow because she had her jabs and they told us not to do anything like that until Friday.

Every year I go through this brother. Every year. I've learned through time that the flea drops on the back didn't work, a flea collar made of peppermint oil that is toxic & poisonous to many cats almost killed ours, that 5 fleas on a cat is not an infestation, that a flea comb is your best friend and to comb him or her at least once a day. As long as you do that consistently and thoroughly, removing several fleas per day, your cat should be fine in a few weeks.

Separate from that, me and my better half also dealt with a flea infestation of our old house about 6 years ago and that was awful. You walk the carpet and you would feel bites yourself. Avoiding chemicals, 8 large containers of salt later spread on all the carpets for a couple weeks eradicated them entirely.  Not fun though.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 12, 2019, 10:02:58 AM

And we found 5 fleas on the kitty. So plenty of hovering and spraying has been happening. Can't put the anti-flea crap on her until tomorrow because she had her jabs and they told us not to do anything like that until Friday.

I use Frontline on my tribe...it has worked well for me. It lasts 30 days and seems to break the flea/egg/flea cycle. It kills them within 24hours. I don't know if it can be used for kittens.

LastSonofKrypton

My toe is still an infected mess, but my x-ray results showed that the infection hasn't reached the bone at least, and I finally got an appointment with a podiatrist next week.   Though I did find out that I have osteo arthritis in that foot, which is great to hear when you are thirty three years old.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Aw sorry, that sucks.

Huggs

Huggs

The wolf spiders are out in full force. I never know if it's a falling leaf or a giant arachnid.

I'm on high alert here.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 14, 2019, 03:54:44 AM
The wolf spiders are out in full force. I never know if it's a falling leaf or a giant arachnid.

I'm on high alert here.

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/blog/images/865/4647-1/fuzzy-lumpkins-gif.gif

They are dangerous though? I've heard that wolf spiders are harmless. Unless, you're alergic or something ???

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 14, 2019, 03:58:35 AM

I'm on high alert here.

https://images.halloweencostumes.com/blog/images/865/4647-1/fuzzy-lumpkins-gif.gif

They are dangerous though? I've heard that wolf spiders are harmless. Unless, you're alergic or something ???

They're spiders the size of my cellphone. Until winter, that makes them the deadliest threat in the galaxy.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 14, 2019, 04:00:48 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 14, 2019, 03:58:35 AM

I'm on high alert here.

They're spiders the size of my cellphone. Until winter, that makes them the deadliest threat in the galaxy.

Oh! I know where you're coming from now  :o

I've wolf spiders in my garden, and while I don't consider them small arachnids...

These spiders are not the size of a god damn cell phone! I feel your pain now  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed