Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 703,845 times)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 25, 2021, 06:22:38 AM
How did the egg get planted on Sulaco? Did the Queen lay an emergency egg?
You have the answer in my explanation , or at least my theory of what happened ;)
In the bluray menu of alien 3 its shown the eggs location is inside the landing gear where the queen was and yes, the queen laid what I call an emergency egg or local trouble would call ooze from her sex and ovaries, it was placed inside there and unlike the eggs thats grown in the eggsack, its tiny and takes far longer to gestate into a state where it can release facehugger/s.
More sense than that I dont think we can make out of the movies mess when these scenes was filmed without any director and was just fox advocates pointing and filming and not giving a damn.

WAIT WHAT??!
SM isnt on the forum anymore?! This cant be, this forum without him is something I cant imagine and take for granted like laws of nature. without him this forum will go into chaos. :O
What happened?!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well I hope he and his family are okay.

Huggs

Huggs

I guess he didn't make bail.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: judge death on Jul 25, 2021, 03:39:28 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 25, 2021, 06:22:38 AM
How did the egg get planted on Sulaco? Did the Queen lay an emergency egg?
You have the answer in my explanation , or at least my theory of what happened ;)
In the bluray menu of alien 3 its shown the eggs location is inside the landing gear where the queen was and yes, the queen laid what I call an emergency egg or local trouble would call ooze from her sex and ovaries, it was placed inside there and unlike the eggs thats grown in the eggsack, its tiny and takes far longer to gestate into a state where it can release facehugger/s.
More sense than that I dont think we can make out of the movies mess when these scenes was filmed without any director and was just fox advocates pointing and filming and not giving a damn.

WAIT WHAT??!
SM isnt on the forum anymore?! This cant be, this forum without him is something I cant imagine and take for granted like laws of nature. without him this forum will go into chaos. :O
What happened?!

Your theory is very good. I think its poetic that Ripley kills the Queen's children (in the Hive),  that a facehugger kills Newt via the fire, that Ripley kills the Queen but later becomes a host for a new Queen, is resurrected, the Queen gives birth to a child that loves Ripley 8 who then kills it. Ripley and Queen are connected in an eternal battle.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

It should be mentioned the cryotubes are not the same variety seen in Aliens. And the colors of the Sulaco are inverted, probably for lighting reasons, the text is now white, not black on the hull. They had a bit of a continuity hiccup. It is entirely reasonable given this that "but it didn't look like the dropship hatch" they built a generic scifi set for that location. The working logic probably was, as the Queen had just removed her ovipositor recently, whatever was developing inside went KERPLUNK and found itself inside. It contained multiple eggs, though we only see one. I know it is multiple eggs, even though we see one, because Tom Woodruff Jr and Alec Gillis mentioned in an interview on this site they tested 2-3 eggs. The Assembly Cut they found was a WIP so they were playing around with the number in an error of editing.

So in short
Queen rips off a majority of her goochie
Queen still has developing Ova in her inner goochie
Queen is in landing leg.
Queen deposits eggs in the wait to get to the Sulaco.
Rips Bishop in half yada yada "Get away from her you bitch"
They go to hypersleep.
They awake in a movie with a set of continuinty problems and an editing problem
But what happened was the eggs hatched we do not see because this was a WIP cut, one regular bleeds after it cracks Newt's cryotube.
Another, a Queen facehugger, impregnates Ripley.
We know the omitted scene that made things come full circle they ran out of time and money for was all the EEVs ejecting and one either not descending fast enough or orbiting the Sulaco, and hits the Sulaco, ripping a hole in it causing a massive explosion and decompression that sends our beloved characters careening, the lifeboat hopelessly spinning out of control.
It crashes on Fury 161

The queen facehugger impregnates two to protect the queen, so it attaches itself to Babe. The Runner is born. Perhaps the third mentioned being tested by Woodruff and Gillis was for the dog. We don't know, but I think that's safe to assume. Regardless of what happened on set and the continuity errors

This was bottom line what was meant to happen.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Aug 02, 2021, 02:44:22 PMAnd the colors of the Sulaco are inverted, probably for lighting reasons, the text is now white, not black on the hull.

It's more than the colours inverting - the ship is now poo brown instead of battleship grey.

Obviously whoever put the egg on board also took the time to give the ship a paint job.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 02, 2021, 02:47:26 PM
Quote from: NetworkATTH on Aug 02, 2021, 02:44:22 PMAnd the colors of the Sulaco are inverted, probably for lighting reasons, the text is now white, not black on the hull.

It's more than the colours inverting - the ship is now poo brown instead of battleship grey.

Obviously whoever put the egg on board also took the time to give the ship a paint job.

Like I said it was probably lighting reasons because of the atmosphere they wanted to set. Whether you call it poo grey is up to you, but black lettering absolutely would not show up. It's more of another hiccup with good ideas. Because I actually love the color tone that was meant to evoke the shine of the larger sun. But that's just coming down to taste. It's very Baroque.

I'm just saying what happened. I like the assembly cut of Alien 3, but this isn't a quality judgement good or bad. This is just what was meant to happen, in what we didn't see from a WIP Assembly Cut.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 02, 2021, 02:47:26 PM

Maybe the Sulaco passed through a dust cloud on the way home and that dirtied it up a bit.  Like how the Discovery in 2010 was orange because of all the sulfur from Io.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 02, 2021, 09:33:53 PMMaybe the Sulaco passed through a dust cloud on the way home and that dirtied it up a bit.  Like how the Discovery in 2010 was orange because of all the sulfur from Io.

So how did the text get white? :P

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

White lettering on one side black lettering on the other.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 25, 2021, 01:52:50 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 25, 2021, 11:41:27 AM
Wait what happened to SM?

That is perhaps the greatest mystery of all time. It must have something to do with the pandemic and lockdowns though.

He's in Australia isn't he? We aint got no Pandemic here, unless you're from Sydney.

Maybe Batman finally got him.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2021, 02:35:24 AM

That is perhaps the greatest mystery of all time. It must have something to do with the pandemic and lockdowns though.

He's in Australia isn't he? We aint got no Pandemic here, unless you're from Sydney.

I don't know where he is from exactly, but I read that the lockdowns have been extended in Queensland.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 03, 2021, 09:14:09 AM
White lettering on one side black lettering on the other.

This.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 04, 2021, 04:45:50 AM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 04, 2021, 02:35:24 AM

I don't know where he is from exactly, but I read that the lockdowns have been extended in Queensland.
That's me.

He's in Victoria.

judge death

judge death

And a lockdown dont mean one get disconnected from internet either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed