Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 05, 2020, 05:46:10 AM

Author
Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary? (Read 7,543 times)

Huggs

Can't remember ever finding the facehuggers scary.
Too bulky and no emotion. If they had really spindly spider legs, then maybe.

But they dont.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 04, 2020, 10:42:37 PM

If they had really spindly spider legs, then maybe.


Tichinde

I mean, knowing what we know about them, couldn't you just cover your mouth or keep it closed and not be impregnated?

Just a thought, there is also just ya know putting your hands over your orifices and waiting until the thing dies  :P

Nightmare Asylum

And yet, it managed to melt right through a space helmet. I don't think burning through a fleshy hand should provide much issue. ;)

Huggs

Could send the host into shock though.

SM

Quote from: Tichinde on Sep 04, 2020, 10:48:35 PM
I mean, knowing what we know about them, couldn't you just cover your mouth or keep it closed and not be impregnated?

Just a thought, there is also just ya know putting your hands over your orifices and waiting until the thing dies  :P

The tail chokes the host into unconsciousness.

Huggs

...and then there's that.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2020, 11:11:15 PM
Quote from: Tichinde on Sep 04, 2020, 10:48:35 PM
I mean, knowing what we know about them, couldn't you just cover your mouth or keep it closed and not be impregnated?

Just a thought, there is also just ya know putting your hands over your orifices and waiting until the thing dies  :P

The tail chokes the host into unconsciousness.

Even if it didn't, it may also have the same fast-acting paralytic neurotoxin that the soldiers allegedly use on their abductees.

razeak

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2020, 10:19:59 PM
Of course he intended it to be scary.

Yep. Several scenes are scary throughout on first viewing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

#24
Always found Aliens terrifying as a kid. Mainly ripleys dream, the chest bursting, and the facehugger sequence (which is done masterfully), aliens in the ceiling, the queen coming out of the elevator, and the queen looking for newt under the floor.

Alien didn't actually scare me much.

Alien 3 scared me into thinking the family dog was going to burst an alien

Kimarhi

We were throwing around ideas way back in the gamegossip days and somebody suggested that you could try a film with only facehuggers as the adversary to try and be scary.

Obviously I don't think a full film would work, but a small cast of one or two people in a short film could work.


Of course, I have evolved from finding any alien film remotely scary, but maybe some fresh blood might find it creepy. 

YouHaveMySympahties

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2020, 10:19:59 PM
Of course he intended it to be scary.

No, he didn't. He says as much on the commentary he did for the special edition.

Kimarhi

Uh oh SM.  This guy just flopped his willy off the side of the bridge and told you the water was deep.



YOUR MOVE.

Huggs

Huggs

#28
Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 05, 2020, 02:14:38 AM
We were throwing around ideas way back in the gamegossip days and somebody suggested that you could try a film with only facehuggers as the adversary to try and be scary.

Obviously I don't think a full film would work, but a small cast of one or two people in a short film could work.

Specimen kind of did this.


Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 05, 2020, 02:20:13 AM
Uh oh SM.  This guy just flopped his willy off the side of the bridge and told you the water was deep.



YOUR MOVE.


Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 05, 2020, 02:20:13 AM
Uh oh SM.  This guy just flopped his willy off the side of the bridge and told you the water was deep.

Is he from Arkansas?

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed