Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 05, 2020, 05:46:10 AM

Author
Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary? (Read 14,162 times)

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 09, 2020, 10:49:52 PM
I thought he was from Arkansas.  ???
I feel a bit dirty, but I went and read all seven of the guy's posts and I'm not picking up that English is their second language, or that they struggle with it. If anything he's quite eloquent. I don't get where the idea is coming from that it's his second language, or that he's not perfectly capable of expressing himself quite clearly ???

Feels weird and patronising to even suggest.

Huggs

Scary is subjective.

Local Trouble

At least we can all agree that Alien 3 wasn't even remotely scary.

SiL

I don't know about that, I know some people who are scared of needles who lose it at Clemens' "So, do you still trust me with a needle" while brandishing a big f**k-off needle.

426Buddy

ALIEN3 scared me when I was 8, thought our dog was going to burst at night while we were all asleep.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Sep 09, 2020, 11:11:43 PM
I don't know about that, I know some people who are scared of needles who lose it at Clemens' "So, do you still trust me with a needle" while brandishing a big f**k-off needle.

The scariest moment in Alien 3:

SiL

I always remember that needle looking more intimidating.

Huggs

Forgetting that he already stuck her once before.

And no, that wasn't a sex joke.

razeak

Well that was a turn lol.    If you need to see the intention to be scary, just watch the movie. Many moments were clearly set up to evoke horror or fear.

Newt jump scare
Alien takes newt
Motion tracker suspense to build fear
Aliens in the suspended ceiling
Aliens moving in give before attack
Queen reveal
Queen emerges from shadows in elevator
Aliens in air ducts
Marines investigating colony
Alien gets shot by Hicks in elevator jump scare

The lighting, composition, everything is for tension or fear.

It's not just an action movie....not even close.

Its a masterful blend of several genres.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Sep 10, 2020, 03:40:21 AM
Well that was a turn lol.    If you need to see the intention to be scary, just watch the movie. Many moments were clearly set up to evoke horror or fear.

Newt jump scare
Alien takes newt
Motion tracker suspense to build fear
Aliens in the suspended ceiling
Aliens moving in give before attack
Queen reveal
Queen emerges from shadows in elevator
Aliens in air ducts
Marines investigating colony
Alien gets shot by Hicks in elevator jump scare

The lighting, composition, everything is for tension or fear.

It's not just an action movie....not even close.

Its a masterful blend of several genres.

No chestbursting? Ripley's nightmare is one of my favorites!

The Cruentus

I won't say I find them scary since I'm desensitized to a lot of things but I would rather have my head caved in my an Alien's jaws than get attacked by a facehugger. Death by chestburster has got to be one of the worst ways to go, minus burning to death of course.
So huggers are definitely to be avoided, especially since it doesn't matter how strong you are, the little bast***s can overpower you in seconds.

Drukathi

As a child, yes. Now - obviously no.
I was scared as a child by facehuggers and chestbursters. Alien - 50/50, it didn't scare me like a terrifying space monster or blahblahblah. But just a normal predator animal, like anaconda, tigers, crocodile, ect.

That's why I created a thread in which I asked - should an Alien be scary? No. It's just an animal. With some intelligence. But animal. Obviously, The Thing and the Monster in a basket are much more terrible and more unpleasant than the Alien. At least the Alien cannot fit under the bed. ;D

The Cruentus

An animal that can paralyze you within seconds of attachment, not to mention far stronger than what it's size indicates.  :laugh:

Drukathi

In this case, the Alien looks even more believable than the terrifying real life forms on Earth. :P

The Cruentus

I find that its plausibility is what makes it more scary, as something like that can potentially be real, minus a few improbable things of course. I mean we already got parasites like facehuggers and some insects can carry more than twice their body weight.

That being said, The Thing is on another level of scary because it could be in the room with you without you knowing. Could be someone preparing your food or drinks, or even a roomate that will wait until you fall asleep before assimilating you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed