Favorite version of Weyland founder

Started by Magegg, Jun 26, 2014, 01:54:50 AM

What's your Favorite version of Weyland founder?

Bishop II
6 (33.3%)
Charles Bishop Weyland
4 (22.2%)
Peter Weyland
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Favorite version of Weyland founder (Read 3,180 times)

Magegg

Magegg

The movies have tried to show us several times who is the creator, founder or owner of the Weyland-Yutani company.

The first one is "Bishop II", who is assumed to be a clone of the owner of the Weyland-Yutani.

Karl Bishop Weyland introduced in AvP was an explorer who discovered first the Aliens and Predators.

Peter Weyland is an investigator that wanted to discover where the life on Earth came from, and the secret of eternal life.

Which one is your favorite?

SiL

SiL

Bishop II was never meant to be the founder, he was just the guy who designed the Bishop model of android.

StrangeShape

Karl or Charles?

SM

SM

Ron Cobb

StrangeShape

Speaking of Cobb, pity nobody asked him about the logo change between the two films, Id be interested in dwelling a bit more into that

Local Trouble

I'm less interested in the logo change than I am in the name change.  It started out as Weylan on purpose.  It wasn't some type that Cameron needed to fix.

LastSurvivor92

Lance Henrikson's Bishop II by far! His act in Alien 3 was much more powerful and unnerving than those other choices. Lance in AVP wasn't bad but by far the weakest compared to Lance in Aliens and Alien 3. Peter Weyland in the Prometheus 'film' was pretty shitty in my opinion. Old, wrinkly and lacking ANY kind of emotion or charisma. Peter is laughable if anything. That online video where Peter Weyland is younger and discussing his plans to change the world should of MOST DEFINETALLY been in the film. Pure stupidy. But honestly besides that Peter Weyland ain't all that special.

SM

SM

That video would've been a drag in the film.

Magegg

Charles Bishop Weyland was pathetic, and Peter Weyland the same, so, I go with Bishop II ;)

SM

SM

If only he was actually a Weyland founder...

Local Trouble

I'd rather see Ridley tap into his Blade Runner/Black Rain vibe and give us his version of Yutani.

whiterabbit

I think Peter Weyland is the founder according to Prometheus™ so.... that

Uncanny Antman

I prefer The Company to be faceless, so I guess...Bishop II gets my vote by virtue of not being the head honcho.   None of them have much depth anyway.  One shows up to try and convince Ripley to play nice, and the other two are dying and wanting to make contact with some aliens.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 03:18:30 AM
If only he was actually a Weyland founder...
If I got it right, he is a perfect clone of the founder of the Weyland company.

SM

SM

You didn't get it right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed