Favorite version of Weyland founder

Started by Magegg, Jun 26, 2014, 01:54:50 AM

What's your Favorite version of Weyland founder?

Bishop II
6 (33.3%)
Charles Bishop Weyland
4 (22.2%)
Peter Weyland
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Favorite version of Weyland founder (Read 3,181 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 03:14:12 AM
That video would've been a drag in the film.

Not if you make the appropriate adjustments. It actually works fantastically as an alternative to the engineer seeding primordial Earth.

SM

SM

The version on the blu-rays is way too long.  Even the viral version is way too long.  Especially for a character who shows up 85 minutes into the film and is dead 10 minutes later.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 04:31:10 AM
You didn't get it right.
Oh snap.  He just done gone got SM'inated!

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 05:13:59 AM
The version on the blu-rays is way too long.  Even the viral version is way too long.  Especially for a character who shows up 85 minutes into the film and is dead 10 minutes later.

Scree

Scree

Charles Bishop Weyland. A generally good man who didn't want to be immortal but be remembered for something else than just technology/robotics. Rich, powerful, smart but also humble. Great dude.

Peter Weyland was too much of the desperate old ruler who didn't want to die and keep his empire. Bishop II was just one of Weylands scientiests or engineers. I like all of them but Charles was the strongest of the three.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 04:30:28 AMIf I got it right, he is a perfect clone of the founder of the Weyland company.
Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 04:31:10 AMYou didn't get it right.
:laugh:

SM

SM

QuoteOh snap.  He just done gone got SM'inated!

What an oddly stimulating verb.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 26, 2014, 04:30:28 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 03:18:30 AM
If only he was actually a Weyland founder...
If I got it right, he is a perfect clone of the founder of the Weyland company.

If Bishop II aint the head of Weyland-Yutani, he most definetally should be!!

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 26, 2014, 02:35:37 AM
Speaking of Cobb, pity nobody asked him about the logo change between the two films, Id be interested in dwelling a bit more into that

I asked him. Haven't had a reply though! Of course, my question was a paragraph long, so that's probably why  :laugh

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Scree on Jun 26, 2014, 07:29:31 AM
Charles Bishop Weyland. A generally good man who didn't want to be immortal but be remembered for something else than just technology/robotics. Rich, powerful, smart but also humble. Great dude.

This.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Scree on Jun 26, 2014, 07:29:31 AM
Probably Bishop II is his clone.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 26, 2014, 12:40:50 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 26, 2014, 02:35:37 AM
Speaking of Cobb, pity nobody asked him about the logo change between the two films, Id be interested in dwelling a bit more into that
I asked him. Haven't had a reply though! Of course, my question was a paragraph long, so that's probably why  :laugh

Cobb is probably ruing his involvement with those films!  :laugh:

Would still be interesting to learn the reason though. Cameron obviously went to great pains to keep continuity with the first film (the Narcissus exterior and interior, Ripley's spacesuit helmet, the cryotubes, the harpoon gun wedged under the door, even the stenciling on the spacesuit locker, it's all there).

But I suppose it's not unreasonable for a company to undergo a logo re-design, it's been half a decade after all.
Could also be that they have different logo's for their different divisions considering that the third film also has a slightly different logo.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 05:13:59 AM

It works just fine within the context I stated.  ;)

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 26, 2014, 01:50:30 PM
But I suppose it's not unreasonable for a company to undergo a logo re-design, it's been half a decade after all.
Could also be that they have different logo's for their different divisions considering that the third film also has a slightly different logo.

Half a decade or half a century?  :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteHalf a decade or half a century?

That's one half decade for Ripley...  one half century for mankind.

Spoonman101

Be careful where you guys may venture, I've found a seismic activity of Weyland Effect in this poll..

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

What would the magnitude be on a Giger scale?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed