Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 17, 2017, 10:11:32 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Concept Art/Behind-the-Scenes Thread *spoilers* (Read 389,337 times)

bobby brown

It's not an ALIEN tough.

Although the aliens cocooning victims with its crotch intrigues me.

FenGiddel

Hmm...maybe that explains this, ahem, aperture...

SM

Scorpio

Too bad Ridley didn't get enough budget to include these ideas.

I hope the cocoon scene happens in the next film.  They went as far as previz so it's a good bet that it will.

Alien³

The_Foxcatcher

Too bad, they didn't use the biomechanical (and original) version of the Xenomorph design.

The crews in their helmets walking through the Engineer city looks truly amazing. Too bad, they switched suits&helmets to caps, cargo pants and hiking bags!

Xenomorphine

The Alien pissing/shitting something all over its victim would have been a bit... Yeah...

Two or three other things would have been interesting to have seen on screen, though. The multi-limbed creature's head, I really like and would have given the 'space wasp' evolutionary link much more relevance.

GrimmVision

I'm definitely getting a heavily The Thing and Dead Space influenced vibe from these new pics. I love both franchises so very much and would've loved to see these ugly beasties adapted to screen. I do prefer that new Neomorph render to the one we actually got. The way it's jaw extends is a lot more terrifying.

I think it was a bad desicion (on whoever's part) to give us the Alien so soon. That reveal should be kept for the last half of the final film, however many films down the road that would've been. They should've just concentrated on David, the Goo, and his attempts at creation - Pushing us closer to ALIEN.

As much as I love Covenant, I think it would've stood a better chance not having the release date pushed up so much. The post production could've maybe breathed a bit more.

skhellter

skhellter

Yeah.... i'm happy with the designs we got onscreen.

Love the movie-neomorph especially. Very much like Huante's original concept creature.. but streamlined a bit.

horrible design.  :-X

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Jun 27, 2017, 11:59:19 AM
Too bad, they didn't use the biomechanical (and original) version of the Xenomorph design.

Given the storyline they are aiming at... David hitting the biomech aesthetic right out of the gate would seem to be a bit.. premature?
I like the more fleshy, insectoid Xeno we got. 
Biomech stuff will come back in the 3rd prequel... if it ever gets made.

Evanus

Yeah, I don't really like that Neomorph design either. Overall I prefer what we got onscreen. However, I wish the Xeno was less insectoid and more elegant. I'm fine with it being organic, as long as it isn't too slimy.

KiramidHead

So we could have gotten a film where the aliens jizzed on people. Not sure if I'm glad that never happened, or if it would have been gloriously insane.

CainsSon

It seems like a trend with these prequels that there is all this great "clearly better options" in the concept art. Again, Ridley Scott forgot to make the monsters do something interesting. It was the problem with the Engineers and the monsters in Covenant. A goblin shark jaw just isn't enough. The designers had great ideas and none of them were used. I dont want to blame Scott for this but whether its Scott or the studio, someone needs to get dick slapped.
If the next film doesnt include Green Screen Giger sets they will have really just missed the damn mark, at this point.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

https://www.artstation.com/artist/colinshulver-art

Lots more new concept art here. Click on the images in the link for the full galleries.

Huggs

I gotta ask, the "Gollum Morph" can we call it a Gollum Morph? The third picture in the bottom set; just what is that in it's mouth exactly? Love the design of the first two xeno's; very Pacific rim, heavy kaiju feel there. Maybe a little bit of Godzilla 1998.

Corporal Hicks

I really like this.

I wouldn't actually seeing more Sil-like things in the Alien universe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed