Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 119,245 times)

SwineRider

SwineRider

The Predator is the original titel as it says here.
Predator - Upgrade seems to be the title the movie gets here in Germany, for some stupid reason the movie publishers often change the movie titles or add dumb subtitles to them. Don´t take this for granted guys.

http://www.madmind.de/2007/11/20/stupid-german-movie-titles/

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 09, 2018, 03:44:37 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 09, 2018, 01:53:52 PM
I'm in germany and you guys just probably confirmed the official title here.

Predator - Upgrade
Oh the puns reviewers will make if this turns out to be a dud.

Positive reviews: "The Predator really upgrades the franchise to a new level"
Smartass negative reviews: "As it turns out, The Predator is no upgrade at all"

You can print that.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Danversity on May 09, 2018, 04:48:11 PM
I'm actually wondering about the brazilian title, because here they tend to add "The" to titles that don't have them, and that's the case for the first Predator. "Predator" here is called "The Predator". So I'm wondering what they're gonna do with this one.

The The Predator, probably 😜

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 09, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
If thats the real name for the movie, I am strongly dissapointed, it sounds like Predator Remake or something.

Remakes keep the name of the original.

funk_master_chunk

I call P1 'The Predator' and I'm based in the UK.

But I think this is the name for the trailer itself, and not the film.

Going by the trailer-track link, 'The Film' is called 'Predator - Upgrade Trailer 5', and the 'Original Title' is "The Predator".

I'm taking 'the film' to mean the film they've received to review. Presumably (in the past) they'll have received a hard copy of 'actual film and titled it accordingly for storage purposes etc.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I think they will use most of the casual scenes (nothing revolutionary as Predators in pants - if they are still in the movie?) the rest they will leave for the entire film. But, NOW, Im very excited! But Im also sad that they will (propably) release two versions of the trailer, we all want to see the real R-rated version. I have no idea what kind of feelings that trailer give me, I will be looking on that like Scientist on a dead body in mortuary, examining it from all available angles, I wonder how the whole camera take will looks like, the angles of camera positions etc. and of course the Predators, if we will see them in motion. :o

Daz1999

Daz1999

Finally the torture maybe coming to an end......or maybe I'll pine for this moment when I knew nothing once I see it lol

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 09, 2018, 05:26:10 PM

Why? Why God, why?

ace3g

ace3g

https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status/994192327127298054

QuoteRight in time for Deadpool 2's release next week, we are delighted to report that the first trailer for Shane Black's The Predator is now in the can and ready for an imminent launch. The piece was rated this afternoon by the German FSK and is expected online in the next week, if not in the next few minutes (if our previous experience with 20th Century Fox trailer classifications is to go by).

Corporal Hicks

A few pages too late, ace.  :P

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 09, 2018, 06:10:21 PM
A few pages too late, ace.  :P

You are correct, I didn't see it when I used the "new" post link to enter the thread.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

How the plot synopsis made it past the "elevator pitch" stage is beyond me.
This is a PREDATOR movie; not ET nor "its love-letter to Spielberg" Super-8* (*amazing film btw). I say that as Shane Black tried to quell the fanbash by defending his child lead comparing PREDATOR to ET.
Also a magical toy spaceship that causes a real PREDATOR spaceship to crashland??????? Sound like Last Action Hero's magic ticket or The Last Starfighter's level of tweeness and facepalming.

Even Mr H Reviews, paused for a long breath and his tone suggested this film is DOA.

Drop the trailer so we can have a peek at how bad it is. I doubt said McGuffin will make an appearance, only things that make it look good. You know like human soldiers and Predators engaged in a war. That is all the "wow" we need.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

AVP-CAPCOM - Wait, man. . I was thinking that the boy is playing with the Predator wrist-gauntlet, and not some toy Spaceship? Im confused now. :-X

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AVP-CAPCOM on May 09, 2018, 06:54:38 PM
Even Mr H Reviews, paused for a long breath and his tone suggested this film is DOA.

Drop the trailer so we can have a peek at how bad it is. I doubt said McGuffin will make an appearance, only things that make it look good. You know like human soldiers and Predators engaged in a war. That is all the "wow" we need.

Mr_H is entitled to opinion and has made it quite clear. I'm going to wait to see the finished product before I make mine up.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 09, 2018, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 09, 2018, 05:26:10 PM

Why? Why God, why?

Haha. Ever since I was a kid I've called it that, mate!

We tend to put 'the' in front of everything, though, sorry!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed